DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

crescents and stars, oh my!

frawggy

I agree with all the pros and cons for or against Cadsuane. In my view it all boils down to her being an Aes Sedai. They have been controlling the world for more than 3,000 years and this 'power' (not the One Power) has corrupted them  PERIOD. We have seen it time and time again throughout the series. They expect to be obeyed with no questions. But each AS seems to have their own agenda, doesn't matter whether it's for their own gain or not.

Cadsuane's motives as she states are for HIS (Rand's) own good. While we may agree this to be true, but isn't this from Cadsuane's PoV?

Keep in mind that Aes Sedai are very manipulative, it's practically in their bones, they only tell you what THEY THINK you need to know. And whenever they promise anything, what they mean by it and what you hear are two totally different things.

Aes Sedai as a whole seem to take control of whatever they choose and run with it, no matter the consequences. They are full of themselves (they assume they know everything there is to know), that at times it's hard to vision how they've lasted so far. (Maybe the breaking of the tower is the beginning of bringing them DOWN). An example is Cadsuane had assumed that the Aiel Wise Ones had been taught the skills of the One Power (like linking) by the Aes Sedai, and almost thinks it impossible that Sorilea knows how to weave travelling. Also the shock on the kinswomen and the Aes Sedai with them when Aviendha unweaved the gateway, (Not to mention the pompousness of Sareitha saying that her (Aviendha's) name should be entered into the novice book) not to mention their shock when they learned the ages of the kinswomen.

Question is now that saidin has been cleansed, will there be male Aes Sedai again to balance the white tower's fem-dom?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. 

Maybe what Cadsuane is going to teach him, and all the Ashaman, is that people who can channel are inherently better then non-channelers and must subjugate them for their own good.

Kind of like a One Power Electoral College.

Archived