DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM Fantasy Football Week 4 Review, Week 5 Preview

Emperor

Shew, I spend so much time writing these and I am busy at work, so I may not do the recap justice this week....

Let's start with the highest scoring game.... Karana and Hax: Looking at both the team players, you see nothing really special... but they had some big players for the week.  Favre and Kitna, fantasy duds last year seem to be studs this year and represented their teams with over 20 points.  Hax's Chicago defense scored him 35 points while Karana's strong RB core countered that.  However the game that was favored toward Hax turned to Karana due to the surprise play of Braylon Edwards.  Karana is now trying to make Hax eat his words of "I bet Karana's team play like girls...".

Final: Hax 102, Karana 106

The saddest game of the week:  Empy's Bro vs. Seggie

With the lowest combined score for a game this week, these teams competed for who could get the lowest points.... and it looks like Seggie won that battle.  With only his QB getting 20 points, the rest of the team of 8 players could barely get 50 points.  Of course Empy's bro could not do better as he had two players score over 20 points. 

Final Score: Empy's Bro 88, Seggie 77

Can Paityr get out of the cellar?  Paityr vs. Farmgirls

Paityr made some lame excuses last week about being in last place without a win... something about ignoring his team for 3 weeks.  Well it looks like the pep talk to his star QB did some good as Peyton came through for him with 33 points, which carried his team to victory for once.

Final: Paityr 101, Farmgirls 93

Tenshin vs. Kynwric

Tenshin finally fielded a complete team this week.  It is too bad he played Hackett who is out until Nov. 4th and Walker who was inactive for the game.  With two players out of the game, Kynwric had little trouble rolling over Tenshin.  Tip:  Always check the notes, especially if they are red.

Final: Ten 63, Kynwric 102

F Horn vs. Boyo

It seems that everything F Horn touches turns to gold.  I made fun of him for playing almost all of the Bengals team earlier in the season but it seems to be working for him so far... at least until they all go to prison. Boyo was doomed when both his RB's sat out due to injuries. 

Final: F Horn  127, Boyo 67

Empy vs. Wooly

Two 2-1 teams eyeing a place in first.... who will come out on top.  Always bet on Empy folks.  Wooly could have pulled through as he went into Monday night only needing 10 points to pull him through.  But the fantasy gods smiled upon Empy and Wooly's RB was made inactive for the game. 

Final: Empy 97, Wooly 94

Standings:

ibleedorange (F Horn)

Karana's Crusaders

Emperor's Egomaniacs

Saldaean Farmgirls

Wooly's Woolheads

Hax's Hussies

JD's Green Giants (Empy's Bro)

Boyo's Soy Bombers

Kynwric's Ghosts

Seggie's Outlaws

Paityr's Pickles

Tenshin's Tacklers

Week 5 Matchups

Paityr vs. Empy:  Paityr is the early projected favorite.

Wooly vs. Hax: Should be a close game if both teams fill their Bye week holes.

Karana vs. Tenshin:  Ten pay a little attention to your team and you could beat the girl this week!

Empy's Bro vs. Farmgirls: If LT can get it going, the bro will take this down.

Seggie vs.  F Horn:  Oh, Bengals on Bye means F Horn is in trouble....

Boyo vs. Kynwric: Even with Harrington at QB, Kynwric is the early favorite.

Wow did Karana have it easy.  TENSHIN!!!!

Anyway... looks like I will bring Paityr back to Earth after his first win last week... wait he does have one WR tonight.... can he score 34 points?  I hope he scores 32 just to make it fun.

Archived