DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

An Afternoon Picnic (Attn: Veria)

bcxanth

Kopair put the last touches on his work and stood back to take a look. He stood in a small glade on the North end of the Ogier grove. A small stream ran close by and a large apple tree stood in the middle. Underneath the tree Kopair had spread out a blanket laid with food and drink he had purchased from The Last Stand, a nearby inn. He glanced up at the sky and marked the position of the sun.

"She should be there any time now," he said to himself.

Checking to make sure his horse Rascal was still tethered securely nearby Kopair walked through the grove and soon emerged at the edge. Nearby one of the many archways used as sculpted entrances to the grove stood. Kopair stepped into the shadows and trees near the edge, hidden from view, and waited.  Soon enough the person he was waiting for came walking down the street. She looked beautiful with her long red hair shining in the sunlight, her banded Accepted's dress fitting her in a way that well reminded him of the much more revelaing outfit she'd worn at their first meeting.

Grateful for the shadows that hid his blush Kopair watched as Veria stopped in front of the inn and read the sign.  Then she turned and looked at the Grove, spotted the arched entryway near Kopair's hiding place. Deciding to give her a surprise, Kopair waitied as she walked up to the archway, an anxious look on her face as if she expected him not to show.

Using all the skill he'd been taught by his father hunting, and expanded upon by Liitha in his training, Kopair slipped through the shadows and trees until he stood just off the path next to Veria. Reaching out he took her hand and stepped out next to her as he raised her hand to his lips.

"My lady Veria, it is a pleasure to look upon your beautiful face once again."

Guest nephitess

IC: Veria’s eyes popped open the morning of her free day. With a smile she jumped out of bed and looked at herself in the mirror. Sitting down she saw a young looking woman with maturity in her eyes. With a crooked grin on her face she spoke to her reflection…

“If you’re so mature….why are you feeling like a silly school girl? It was no wonder the sisters preferred Novices and Accepteds to stay away from the men folk.” With a sigh she picked up her brush and pulled it through her long hair. 

Today was her meting with Kopair. She had not seen him since their “training” in the warder’s yard. Smiling she coiled her hair up into twists leaving only a layer to flow down her back.  Putting on a fresh shift and dress she looked at herself again. Good…She nodded in approval at what she saw. Her stomach was beginning to knot up…Then she heard the breakfast bell. Thinking that something to eat would help her stomach she went to the halls to see what there was.

Arriving at the dinning hall, Veria found her friend Raine there. They had been friends for years, but Veria had not told her about her encounter in the warder’s yard. Picking up a bowl of cooked apples and buttered bread she sat with Raine. She did not speak and started to day dream. In the middle of her thoughts, a sharp pain entered her ribs and she was brought back to reality.

“There is something wrong with you…. I know you want to be a brown…but this is extreme!” exclaimed Raine

Blushing, Veria smiled…..

“I have a secret…I’m sorry I have not told you before. I have had something…or should I say someone, on my mind. I met him that day I came back really tired. I spared with him and then he asked me to meet him today but the Ogier grove. “

“You’re what!” Raine was speechless…..

Veria finished her apples and stood. “I’ll see you later” With a wink she left her friends sitting there. Veria felt like she was in a dream as she walked down the street to the place that Kopair said to meet. Seeing the sign he mentioned she looked around to find the arch way. Seeing it she walked over….only to find no one there. Her heart dropped a little as she started to think that he would not show.

Then out of seemingly now where a hand grabbed her hand. She was just about to throw whoever it was away from her with an air weave when she realized who it was.

“My lady Veria, it is a pleasure to look on you beautiful face once again.”

When she was able to breathe and let go of Saidar, she smiled.

“You scared me half to death…I could have hurt you if I had not recognized you!” squeezing his had she asked “so where are we going?”

OOC: LOL

Kopair almost laughed at the idea of this lithe woman hurting him, then cut it short with a smile as he remembered she could channel.  Perhaps he should be a little more careful in the future.

"I'll remember that from now on beautiful. But for the present, let us go deeper into the Grove. I have a spot prepared for us."

Taking Veria's hand again in his he began to slowly walk with her beneath the trees. "This Grove has come to mean a great deal to me since I came to Tar Valon. There's another spot I would like to take you to later, if you're willing. But for now I have someplace more... romantic in mind."

Kopair smiled at Veria and lead off the path and through the trees. Though her eyes kept taking in the beauty of the trees around them, Kopair's eye kept being drawn back to the beauty walking next to him. More then once she caught him staring at her and she always gave him a small smile when she did, but never said anything.

Finally they arrived at the glade Kopair had chosen, Leading her beside the stream they stopped beneath the apple tree and he helped Veria to a seat on the ground and then sat down next to her.  Tossing a lump of sugar to rascal from the tea service Kopair poured them both tea and set out an assortment of meats and cheeses for them to eat.

As he served them both he began to talk to fill the silence as she seemed to be having difficulty speaking. "Like I told you when we first met, I feel a connection between us. And though I don't know what your plans are for the future, my plans including graduating to the ranks of the Tower Guard, and then to find a Sister to Bond with and become her Gaidin."

Smiling as he looked into her eyes once again he set his hand next to hers as he continued. "So, I thought I would share with you the story of what brought me here. I come from a small village in Andor called Robin's Creek, across the Aringill from Cairhien.  I lived there with my father and mother, my younger sister, and Alyssa, my promised from childhood."

Seeing the look in Veria's eyes he took her hand again. "Worry not about that part. The feelings I had for her were part of a childhood dream that I left behind on the night that drove me here.  I came home from the village where I'd been working to find my home in flames and my father dieing in the yard. With his final breathe he told me of the bandits that had come over the right, attacked him, set fire to the farm, and took the women with them,  I swore I would find a way to fight such evil, and perhaps in the process find word of my family. My mother had come to the Tower when she was young, and could have learned but couldn't concentrate on the lessons so was sent away. The stories she told as I grew up about the great Aes Sedai drew me to the White Tower."

Trying to keep her hand tight in his, hoping Veria wouldn't pull away, Kopair turned to look at the stream nearby to hide the tears he knew were threatening.

Guest nephitess

IC:  As Kopair lead her to his set up. When she saw the Picnic she smiled even brighter. What a thoughtful thing. Kopair was a wonder gentlemen and helped her to settle on the Blanket. Settling her skirts she watched Kopair serve out a couple of plate with cheese, olives and meats. His hands were so gentle, but strong. She knew from experience!

Listening to Kopair’s story, Veria could not help but feel for him. She would be in the same state as him if she had witnessed her father’s death. Her story was a difficult one as well. She watched Kopair as she finished his story. He was emotional and looked a little teary eyed. Veria wanted to help but was not sure there was much she could do.

Taking her hand back she slipped her slender finger up her sleeve and found the lace hanky she always had there. Taking it she turned the trainee’s face towards her. She then gently dabbed his eyes. Looking him in the eyes she said…

“Be strong..You are a wonderful trainee. I have seen you train over the week we have been apart and know your skill with the blade. You will make a future sister proud.”

Looking away she noticed the empty cups. Opening herself to the source she channeled and poured two glasses of wine. Using weaves of air she directed a glass to Kopair and took hers. Sipping she almost giggled as he hesitated a moment before taking the glass. Veria would keep her history a mystery right now. She had never been one to trust easily.

Kopair almost felt himself tremble slightly as Veria touched his face so gently as she wiped his tears. Normally he knew he would have felt ashamed to show such emotion to anyone, especially a woman, but somehow he felt that with Veria it was different. He knew he was safe with her.

“Be strong..You are a wonderful trainee. I have seen you train over the week we have been apart and know your skill with the blade. You will make a future sister proud.”

He stared at her for a moment, and then couldn't help but smile softly. He hesitated slightly with shock as a glass of whine floated up to him, then took it with a small chuckle.

"A future sister?" he asked.  He stared at Veria's banded dress for a moment, and then looked back into her eyes. "Yes, I think you're right.  I hope that I will make a future sister proud.  Would you have any ideas on that subject?" he asked with a grin.

Downing his wine in one gulp to hide his laugh, he grabbed an olive from his plate and tossed it up to catch in his mouth.

"So," he said again finally. "I've shared my story with you. Though a part of me warned me against it, I felt it was important, and I know I can trust you. Though I know not why I feel this way.  And so, though I've told you much about me, I would like to know more about you. I know you are beautiful. I know there is a bit of the brat inside of you, much like my sister. I know that you're tougher then you think you are, and you know how to get a man's attention.  But that's not enough for me. I need you...  I mean, I need to know more about you. What's your story, and what makes you who you are?  I want to know everything."

OOC: Feel free to tell Kopair as much or as little as you think Veria would want him to know. But Kopair is very fascinated with her so wants to know as much as he can. :)

Guest nephitess

IC: "A future sister?" he asked.  He stared at Veria's banded dress for a moment, and then looked back into her eyes. "Yes, I think you're right.  I hope that I will make a future sister proud.  Would you have any ideas on that subject?" he asked with a grin.

Looking away, Veria thought on this a moment. A future warder? She had not really thought about that yet. It was an interesting prospect. If he was hinting at something she would have to meditate on it and get to know him better. AS she thought and watched the water pass along the banks of the stream, Kopair’s voice came to her ears once more….

“I've shared my story with you. Though a part of me warned me against it, I felt it was important, and I know I can trust you. Though, I know not why I feel this way.  And so, though I've told you much about me, I would like to know more about you. I know you are beautiful. I know there is a bit of the brat inside of you, much like my sister. I know that you're tougher then you think you are, and you know how to get a man's attention.  But that's not enough for me. I need you...  I mean, I need to know more about you. What's your story, and what makes you who you are?  I want to know everything."

Zeveria became a little nervous. She was a private person, not one to share much about herself except her home land and how long she had been in the tower. The only one she shared her soul with was Raine. Her best friend since novice hood. Thinking about her childhood made her heart twist. It was a bitter sweet feeling. She loved her family and was sure they loved her, but her leaving and finding her way to the tower, brought a wedge between her father and her. Veria did not want to tell Kopair about how she made her money.

With a small sigh Veria turned to him and said…

“I come from a town in Amadacia, close to Amador. My family moved there after I was born. The family was from Andor a small town near White bridge.  I grew up there and when I was 13 I left home. I traveled to Andor and worked in any Inn that would let me. I eventually made my way to Tar Valon. I was here about a year when a sister entered the Inn I was working in.  She became my mentor and taught my about the power. I have been in the tower for about 15 years. There is not much else to me”

With a smile she finished her story. It was not everything but the details would come later. Leaning over she took Kopair’s chin in her hand and kissed his cheek.

Kopair listened to Veria's story in silence and couldn't but feel like she was holding something back. The account was to bare-bones. But then she held his chin and kissed his cheek. All thought that she was holding something back was lost in the warm glow that was now filling him. He felt a way he hadn't felt in a very long time.

Raising his hand to his cheek Kopair touched the spot where Veria's lips had touched his skin. "A gift," he said softly to himself, "beyond any measure. Veria, I truly thank the Creator for bringing you into my life that day in the Yard."

Standing, he held out his hand to Veria and helped her up, but continued to hold her hand. "I told you when we first arrived that there was a special spot I wanted to take you. Now that we've shared a meal and our stories, I'd like to take you there."

Holding her hand he led her toward where his horse Rascal was waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nephitess

IC: Letting Kopair pull her up to stand she let her legs stretch.

"I told you when we first arrived that there was a special spot I wanted to take you. Now that we've shared a meal and our stories, I'd like to take you there." Koapir said as she looked at the stream once more.

Channeling all the picnic things in to the basket she smiled and used a weave of air to send it over to the horse.

"I would enjoy seeing the place you have to show me. Where is it?"

Walking hand in had with Kopair, they came to the horse, after Kopair lifted her up behind the saddle He answered...

Kopair smiled as he felt Veria wrap her arms around him to hold on.  He left her question unanswered for a moment as he pulled Rascal around and began to move through the Grove toward the far side.

"Someplace special to me," he finally answered.  "And as you are someone special to me, I want to share it with you.  When we get there, and I explain, it might not seem like a big deal. But believe me when I say that it has deep meaning to me.  It's here in the Grove, but a bit of a walk from our picnic site, so that's why I brought Rascal."

They rode through the Grove for a time, talking amongst themselves about the rigors of training in their day to day lives. At one point Kopair even broke into song, reliving a day at a festival back home.  Finally though they arrived at their destination.  Bringing Rascal to a stop they found themselves in a small clearing, with a strem running nearby.  A couple of stones and a log sat as if they'd been arranged for people to use them as chairs.

"This is the place. The place where I discovered the Spring." Swinging his leg over Rascal's neck, he slid down and then helped Veria to dismount. Keeping her hand in his, she lead him toward where the log and rocks were arranged.

"At this point in your training you've been doing in the Yard you might have heard about the two main philosophies that are taught. There's the Flame and Void, and then there's the Spring.  It was in this spot where I first took the steps needed to open my mind to the Spring."

He stopped as they arrived next to the log, and in his minds eye he went back a year and saw himself sitting on the log, and Liitha on one of the rocks trying to teach him the Void. He remembered the painful memories it had made surge in him, and the failed attempt.  He then saw himself, on the log again, and Aran on the rock. Their first meeting had been tense, filled with insults the Tower Guard had thrown trying to get Kopair to react. the lessons he'd learned because of it.

"It was here when I first began to heal from the pain of the loss of my family. It was here when I first shared the story of what had brought me here to the Tower.  And it was here that the road I now travel began. The road that has lead me to you."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nephitess

IC: "Someplace special to me," he finally answered.  "And as you are someone special to me, I want to share it with you.  When we get there, and I explain, it might not seem like a big deal. But believe me when I say that it has deep meaning to me.  It's here in the Grove, but a bit of a walk from our picnic site, so that's why I brought Rascal."

Someone special….that gave Veria a warm feeling inside. With a small sigh she lend against Kopair’s back and felt his muscles moving as she held him close. As they talked Veria watched the woods go by. The trees were green and fresh with soft feathery moss growing on their trunks. Squirrels chattered and bird chirped as they passed by. Flashes of red and blue fluttered through the air as Butterflies brushed by them.

Inhaling deeply the fragrance of wild flowers she lost herself in a dreamy state. The rocking of the horse lulled her senses. After a few minutes Kopair spoke again and told her about a festival in his town…and actually began to sing! He had a very nice bass voice…His singing made her giggle. She was not one to be musically inclined but appreciated it in others.

As they continued on they began to talk of their training. Kopair about his mentor Liitha and the rigorous routines she put him through. He spoke of his weapons of choice. How they made him feel. Veria described her days as an accepted and her classes. How she was learning about Law, the old tongue and as always the One Power. She spoke of how it felt to channel…the rush of feeling and pleasure. The erotic and addictive feeling it could be. At that they arrived at the spot that Kopair was taking them.

"This is the place. The place where I discovered the Spring." Swinging his leg over Rascal's neck, Kopair slid down and then helped Veria to dismount. Keeping her hand in his, she led him toward where the log and rocks were arranged.

"At this point in your training you've been doing in the Yard you might have heard about the two main philosophies that are taught. There's the Flame and Void, and then there's the Spring.  It was in this spot where I first took the steps needed to open my mind to the Spring."

Looking around, Veria took in the area. It was beautiful. Rocks and Logs set out as seats and a spot to have a fire. A small clear blue stream ran past where Veria stood…she spied a group of minnows flash by down stream. Smiling she looked at Kopair who said…

"It was here when I first began to heal from the pain of the loss of my family. It was here when I first shared the story of what had brought me here to the Tower.  And it was here that the road I now travel began the road that has led me to you."

“I am glad you are here.” Sitting on the log and patting it as a signal for Kopair to sit with her she continued

“I know you have much pain in your past. One day I would have you tell me….but today lets be happy. Tell me about the spring….what it is and how does it work?”

Leaning her head on Kopair’s strong shoulder she listened for his answer.

Kopair sat down on the log next to Veria, putting his arm around her and holding her close to him as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"What is the Spring?" he replied, then paused for a moment. "It can be difficult to explain. I'll try to cover the basics for you, but anything more will require training your Yard mentor will have to go over with you as I'm still learning myself. First you have the Flame and Void, which is all about ridding yourself of all thought and emotion and using that inner emptiness to connect with the world around you.  The Spring is the opposite. It's about accepting those thoughts in emotions, letting them run through you, and with that acceptance are able to harness the energy they bring and control it instead of letting those thoughts and emotions control you."

"Though I'm not sure if even a master of the Spring could possibly master some emotions." Kopair looked down at Veria in his arms, meeting her eyes as she looked up at him, and he smiled. "But then there are some emotions I'd never want to control. Some emotions give you strength just by being there."

Guest nephitess

IC: What Kopair described sounded interesting. It was similar to embracing the source, accepting your emotions and then focusing yourself. Embracing the and submitting to the power as it came to you.

“This is very close to what we do when embracing the source. We open ourselves and embrace or submit ourselves to the power. It is a very humbling experience. When you actually have the power in your grasp, it is the most incredible experience. One will never feel as alive with out it. It is said that when an Aes Sedai is severed, meaning no longer able to channel, she would rather die.” Veria said the last with a sadness in her voice.

Kopair nodded slightly at her description of embracing saidar. She was right, it did sound a great deal like the Spring. He heard the sadness in her voice though as she talked about what it was like after being stilled and he hugged her tight.

"I'm not sure if it's anything I'd ever actually be able to do anything, but if it's within my power, I'll protect you from that fate. I've lived the past couple of years feeling as if I had no reason to live. That reason was ripped from me just as those I loved were."

He paused for a moment, thinking about his next words.  He wanted to try and explain what was in his mind, but was afraid to say too much.

"You've made me begin to start feeling like it's worth living again, and for that I'm glad."

Guest nephitess

IC: "I'm not sure if it's anything I'd ever actually be able to do anything, but if it's within my power, I'll protect you from that fate. I've lived the past couple of years feeling as if I had no reason to live. That reason was ripped from me just as those I loved were.

Kopair hesitated and then spoke again….

“You've made me begin to start feeling like it's worth living again, and for that I'm glad."

This expression of tenderness was foreign to Veria. All of a sudden she did not know how to feel. Her heart started pumping hard and her legs wanted to run. The nervousness that came over her was strong…Was it her logical self telling her this relationship was going to fast? She needed to think. She was flooded with fear, was Kopair being sincere?

Moving away from under Kopair’s arm she spoke…

“I…ah…” she could not seem to find her voice.

“I need to go….I’m sorry….I hope you’ll forgive me…”

With that she jumped up and walked swiftly in the direction of the tower.  Veria felt ashamed about how she had been acting. How could she let her self get so caught up? Was she some teenage wool headed girl? Cursing under breath…she knew where…they talked sweet and then all they wanted was….well not your brains. Memories of the harder times in her journey tot her tower came to her. Men handing her roughly and saying foul things. If is had not been for the Inn keeper she would have been raped on several occasions. Being pulled into drunken men’s rooms had left her traumatized on many levels. She wanted to trust, wanted to love, but she did not want to be hurt…it all came to her in that moment that she was letting herself be led by her heart and not her mind.

Pulling a thin branch down as she walked she started to slash the air with it. Fool girl..she should not be aloud to leave the tower until she was fully raised. Suddenly she heard foot steps behind her….She had to hide. Stepping behind a large tree she waited….she knew Kopair was trying to find her.

Kopair blinked in surprise as Veria pulled away from him.  He reached out his hand to her, a pleading look on his face, as she backed away. He tried to say something, but he couldn't find the words, as she turned and ran away from him. He cursed himself for a fool as she ran off, and he struggled with himself. Should he let her go, or run after her.

Memory stirred. He saw his father dead in his arms, his family and love gone, and himself powerless. He wouldn't let himself lose another if he could stop it. Jumping to his feet he moves swiftly after her, making far too much noise in his haste. He glimpsed Veria ahead before she vanished into the trees and he knew she must have heard him.

Cursing himself again he stopped and worked for calm.  He wrapped himself in the Spring and let himself become one with the emotions running through him, letting them give him strength and focus. He called on all the skill he'd learned so far and let himself slip into the shadows. He could feel the area around him and knew that Veria had come to a halt, hiding somewhere.

He slipped through the trees silently, thankful that the Grove was so well tended and there wasn't much undergrowth. His dark clothing blended in with the shadows and trees well. He moved through the Grove and soon spotted Veria not far away, her white banded dress standing out easily in the Grove. He moved nearer but did not reveal himself to her. He simply watched and waited.

After a few minutes he saw her begin to calm, straightening her skirts and muttering under her breath as if arguing with herself. Using a trick he'd learned from a friend, he pitched his voice to make it difficult to tell what direction it's coming from.

"Veria, I don't know what's wrong. Obviously I've scared you for some reason, and for that I am truly sorry.  I feel a connection with you that I will not deny. But I don't want to upset you or harm you in any way. Never that." He paused, then decided to take a risk.

Stepping out from his cover he appeared on the path ahead of her, hands raised above him in surrender. He knew it was likely she was holding the Power if she felt threatened, and so had probably spotted him before this, but she hadn't lashed out and so he felt encouraged.

"Veria, I know you can channel. I know that if you wanted to you could end any threat I might pose without breaking a sweat. I know that, and still I stand here making no move to resist you. I've said my peace, and I mean what I say. You can either go now and I swear under the Light, by my hope of Salvation and Rebirth, that I will not follow or hinder you in any way. However I think you feel as I do, and so I trust in that. I hope that you wil not go."

Suddenly he sat down on the side of the path, and crossed his legs beneath him. "You can chose now, but I hope you follow what your heart tells you." Closing his eyes, he waited, straining his ears to catch the sounds that might indicate what Veria does next.

Guest nephitess

IC: "You can chose now, but I hope you follow what your heart tells you."

With her heart still pounding she stepped out from where she was. She did not know what to say. It was a frustrating feeling to have your tounge tied. Looking at Kopair, she had so many feelings go though her. He was sweet, kind and very good at what he was training in. He bore his heart to her and now she was treating him this way. She had shame envelope her, with a sob she said…

“Kopair, I am sorry. I just have a hard time trusting men. One day I’ll tell you why…but not today. The day in the training yard I was ok because it was all play. Today there is more expected and I don’t know if I can give it. Please understand I believe you are a kind person and maybe even genuine. My fears have gotten the best of me right now….Please understand.”

With that she turned and walked away. Half of her wished he would follow but the other half hoped he would not.  As she walked all she heard where her own feet as they crunched the leaves in her path.

OOC: ok we'll have to talk about how kopair is going to react. *hugs*

Kopair listened as Veria walked away. He kept control of himself, wrapped in the Spring, though the lessons Aran had taught him were become hard to remember at this point. She walked by him and he made no move, staying rock steady, not wanting to move or speak, afraid it might scare her even more. His heart screamed for him to do something, but he mastered the impulse.

Finally he heard her move to about 50 paces down the path and silently he stood and opened his eyes. He watched as Veria moved slowly down the path, her back stiff, obviously resisting the urge to turn around. He slipped into the trees, blending in with the shifting shadows and quickly and soundlessly caught up with Veria. He paced her off to the side, studying her, memorizing her face, her every move, as he watched the emotions war on her face.

He tried several times to speak, to find the words that would get her to stay, to open up to him, but he couldn't find them. He contented himself with just following her, watching out for her.  Even once they reached the street he kept an eye on her. No matter what, he felt protective over her and despite the fact that this was Tar Valan he would make sure she got back to the Tower safely.

He strolled into the Yard some 20 paces behind Veria, quickly losing himself in the bustle of trainees, Tower Guards, and the like. finding his way back to the trainee barracks he tossed himself onto his bunk and stared up at the ceiling. He had screwed up badly, and he knew it. And he was lost as to how and fix it. He knew he had to do something though. He wasn't going to let Veria go.  A couple of hours passed, and finally he got up and moved to the writing desk in the corner, plan in mind. Unstopping the ink, he grabbed a pen and began to write.

Dearest Veria,

I know I handled things badly today. Though I don't fully understand what happened, I know it must be my fault, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to fix things. I don't know what to do though. All I know is that, no matter what, I'm not letting you go without a fight.

You said that I expected more then you thought you could give.  However I don't expect anything more then for you to be true to yourself. Follow your heart, and no more, and that's all I ask. You said I don;t understand, and you're right, but I want to try.

When you're ready, I'll be waiting for you. I'm not going anywhere.

Yours always,

Kopair

Signing his name he blotted the page and rolled it up then sealed it.  Taking it he headed for the mess hall and looked for a friend of his named Stile among the errand boys. They often hung out there in there off times to goggle at the Tower Guards. Sure enough he was lounging in a corner watching with envy as one of the men polished his sword while waiting for his food.

After a short conversation, and a small amount of silver handed over, Stile took the message and agreed to deliver it to Veria.  Kopair headed back to his bunk and Stile trotted off into the Tower. Grabbing a load of firewood for an excuse the boy went into the Accepted's quarters and found Veria's room. He's delivered to there before.  Knocking on the door he got no response, so opened the door and slipped inside.  Seeing the room empty he quickly laid the message on the bed, left the wood in the wood box, and left the room ebfore he was caught.