DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Our Head and Sitters

Wayfarer

Hence I said Sitter-aged Sister; one who is old enough to be comfortable with being a Sister in her own right who might have her share of influence outwards (the N&As, relating to Sisters in other Ajahs, etc), but is sort of an outcast amongst her own Ajah.

I actually have a bio that might fit the bill that I'm planning on using over at the off-site board, but I can always put it to use here for filling a history hole... only bad spot with that is she's 210, and doesn't have  much history as a Sister, and I'm toooo lazy to fill it in XD  But she is definetly more of a Diamond than a Blade.

Still, it could be utilised as a base-form for us to all poke at and tweak to fill in the suggested role of influence.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Name: Allriendrae Al'Thorin

Position: Aes Sedai of the White Ajah

Height: 5'7"

Description: Slender and pale, Allriendrae has long, dark brown hair and eyes to match. Though not terribly striking in appearance, she can have a forceful presence when needed.  (I can add more here if needed)

History: Allriendrae's father Trom was a merchant's guard from Andor who fell ill while on a trip to Saldaean town of Mehar. While under the care of a local Wise Woman, he fell in love with her apprentice Merise. He quit his work as a merchant's guard, and they settled down outside of the town on their own farmstead.

Allriendrae was their only child, and spoiled quite rotten. Any time either of her parents had business outside of the farm, she would insist on following; she always wanted to see what experiences she could gain! Because of said precocious nature, she also thought it logical to talk to anyone she could.

Shortly after her 16th naming day, she was visiting an inn with her mother to care for an ailing visitor. While waiting in the common room, she was approached by a woman. Even though she was often friendly and talked to strangers, it seemed odd to have someone come up to her table, and then sit down! The woman fixed her with a pointed gaze, and spoke, "Do you be aware that you are able to channel, child?"

A shiver ran through Allriendrae - "Channel?! Me?" she asked increduolously, "I.. I.." she trailed off as her mother came down the stairs.

"My darling daughter," Merise began, "though it would pain me to see my only child go, but this could be an opportunity of a lifetime for you."

What choice would anyone make, faced with such a decision?

Allriendrae rarely thought back on her decision after the first decade or so. Novice training was a rough period of her life, and her twice-over refusal of the Arches caused much comment. Still, she persevered and managed to reach the shawl in less time than had been expected (considering that it seemed very logical to her to take her time and learn as much as fully as possible!!). So, at the tender age of 33, she petitioned and was accepted into the White Ajah (though some still said behind her back that she was much too curious, and should've gone brown!).

The years passed, and she managed to rein in her natural curiousness enough to better fit in within her Ajah. It was still logical to her to find out as much about a subject as possible before deciding a true consensus, though she made a point not to flaunt it in her fellow Sisters' faces.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As you can see, she's a good age to be an influence, and is very inquisitive.  There is just the matter that I am lacking years of back-history on her.

I would ask that we changed the name on it though, as Allriendrae is one of my three main names I used for Aes Sedai characters that I PC.  We can fill in that blank later - I'm on the air right now, and just wanted to get this shell up for people to pick at <3

No!  You must use the same name!  I command it!  RAR! :D

Backstory could be left very general save for a couple of points that could act as anchors to her every, say, thirty or so years.  That way you can play with the time covered generally however you wanted.  Later on you might decide you want to do a retro RP with someone when, say, the character was about 60.  So on and so forth.

Well, since I guess you'd like to play the character on occasion :)  We'll probably need to flesh description out more as well as put a personality section in if she's going to be an NSW.  Not only as a reference, but in case someone else needs to play her at some point so they can remain true to the character.

Yeah, definetly would be offering her up as a NSW... hence why we'll be changing the name - I am very uncomfortable with the idea of someone playing my other Rae character by name :)

As for filling in the bio - I am sheer crap at that sort of thing, as I like things to be very general (since I don't usually concern myself with anything but PCs).  We could shift her age down 30-60 years, for starters, and then figure out good anchors.  It would probably be in her best interest in that manner, so that she's not completely alienated the entire Ajah by being the odd one out, or gotten herself mysteriously kicked out by the rest of the Ajah :D

Still, it does provide the degree of flexibility, in that we've already got it established that she works on concealing her ways a touch from her Sisters to avoid massive confrontations, so..

Anyways, what do you think would be some good anchor points?  Reflections about major events/RPs and how they affected her personality, or?

The main anchors can be either major events that concerned the character in the world, or they can just be major turning points for that particular character, where something happened that affected their outlook quite a bit.  Loss of a good friend, a failure, a success, a range of things.  Lowering the age will make it easier as well I think.

And concealing it also works :)

Anchor points...

- Realising her ideas in the White Ajah aren't accepted and covering her ideas with seeming compliance.

- Deepening realisation over the years that logic alone isn't reason as pure logic leads to some completely unreasonable conclusions, such as breeding Aes Sedai with male channelers.

- Seeing new Aes Sedai coming into the White Ajah that are willing to challenge the status quo and acting as an intermediary, as a protector.

- When the Diamond Doctrine is promulgated, perhaps embracing it openly, but certainly defending it as a reasonable assertion.

Which means we should keep her in the 150-180 range, so she's at least got a modicum of respect and position within the Ajah, and not just some "damned kid".

Your suggested ideas sound sturdy enough; is there anything else we should try to include?  A Warder lost, perhaps?  Something to help teach/reinforce her caution, at least

Not sure, and to be honest I think its better left up to you :)  You're more familiar with this character than I am, sure its being made to serve a purpose but a character is a character, needs to live.  You know what you're doing :)  Whatever you feel is necessary for the character, throw it in.

Gah, I really don't.  I've gotten to use her for all of one post prior...and I still need to finish writing my second PC bio -__-

I'll try to think about it on Friday when I actually have time to apply brains to things; I've got radio shows today and tomorrow to do (on air right now!), and that takes a lot of mental effort :)

Guest Arie Ronshor

If i return with Suu, what would be a beneficial age? I'm on the fence as to make her old (230 as she is on the aging system) or under 90....

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought to post here that better not give Carelia a sitter position. I have no idea how active I will be anymore and especially how much I'll be hanging around here. Been scarce a lot already, and see no end to it.

My apologies to all you fabulous Whites out there. :(

Guest Arie Ronshor

So, what is the final list of White Sitters?

And when are these Rps starting? :D

And James, go post for Suu.:P

We'll lock in Adrai, Mordea and Ismine.

I'll get to starting some RP's once I get Laurel phase 3 written up, and I figure out a way to play them which is fun :P

And I'll get to it, demanding wench :P

• 2 years later...