DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Saidin's Taint **CoT Spoilers**

I said this somewhere else, (can't remember where exactly) But I actually think the female half of the source is trying to force the women to work with the men again. It would make sence to me. RJ has implyed that both halfs of the soruce are thinking beings so this would make some sence. Especialy since they would know that it will take the combined power of both men and women channeling to fight the final battle. Also I doubt the ability to channel will die out in the comming age. It's something that has been around for at least 3 ages and possiably longer. But I don't think that the Aes`Sedai will have the same power and influence they have had in ages past.

Darth_Andrea

I said this somewhere else, (can't remember where exactly) But I actually think the female half of the source is trying to force the women to work with the men again. It would make sence to me. RJ has implyed that both halfs of the soruce are thinking beings so this would make some sence. Especialy since they would know that it will take the combined power of both men and women channeling to fight the final battle. Also I doubt the ability to channel will die out in the comming age. It's something that has been around for at least 3 ages and possiably longer. But I don't think that the Aes`Sedai will have the same power and influence they have had in ages past.

Darth_Andrea

Thing is, I recall no RJ quote to that effect at all. Ever. I'd ask you to provide it, because it smacks of fanfiction for the MUD or the RPG.

I wasn't talking about a direct quote from Rj, I was talking about the books in general, I should have stated that specificaly sorry. Characters in the books seem to discuss Saidin and Saidar as if they were people. The Creator himself speaks (or seems to) from time to time in the books, and since they are supposedly the children of the creator you would think they are sentiant beings.

Darth_Andrea

Saidar and saidin are reactive, not sentient. The only incident where they "act" is during the Bou Dar weirdness, a side effect of the Bowl being overused (so spake RJ).

There isn't personification of saidin and saidar, and no incident of the Creator speaking in the books- the sole possibility being in the EotW, which may in fact have been the Dark One speaking to Rand directly.

Bob's right. The One Power has only ever been described as, or referred to as an non-sentient energy source. Even the Ebou Dar incident only shows a degree of instability in that energy source, not any form of intelligent direction.

Archived