DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How the seals broke?

Guest LurkingFadeFetcher

The AS (remember men were also AS in AoL) at SG, LTT and the HC, were all men. The BWB said that all the women AS formed a pact to not help LTT in this plan. They thought without women the men can't link, if they can't link they won't try.

Saidar was not used at SG because the only female channlers at that party were Lanfear, Grendal, Semi, Mesaana, and Moggy and they weren't helping the good guys out.

I'm sorry. I didn't know that. However, I still believe the taint on saidin is not the cause for the weakness of the seals, since saidin is cleansed and the seals are still weak and continue to weaken. I stand by everything but my last argument in my last post on this thread.

Guys, I'm going to have to say Occam's razer applies. The reason that the DO is breaking the seals is quite simply, MAGIC. He just did it. Why, how, it's all "magic", not even OP or TP, just "magic".

Yet it seems that the Dark One could only have influence on the world only after the first seal broke; and before then only with his followers, though they could not have broken the first seal even if the Dark One commanded it.

Don't want to go too far off topic...but couldn't the Aes Sedai have delayed the seals breaking by channeling into them instead of being too afraid of breaking them?  (at least the ones that they had?)

The seals were not acting as they should. The Aes Sedai had no way of knowing what effect channeling into the seals would have had. It could have worsened the situation and it would be foolish to take a risk that big.

My theory is simple on this. The Cuendillar disks were focus points, meaning physical anchors for the actual seals. Obviously, 7 small disks could not bind a hole in reality. They chose cuendillar as a physical representation because of it's strength and rarity, since the link worked both ways. This would ensure no one on "our side" of reality could break the seals. However, the actual seals were a thing of the one power that patched the bore. They were thus linked to the physical seals we see, since these were used as focal points for the effort. The seals weaken because the actual one power seals on the bore are being unraveled. Since the Disks are physical representations of the seals holding the bore, their physical condition represents the condition of the real power-rought seals on the bore. Thus, as the seals weaken, so do the disks.

Not saying that the world rippled one time for each disk.  I took the rippling to mean that the bore was no longer sealed at all and the last seal had been broken.  According to the BWB, when the bore was first created there were ripples in the fabric of reality from the shockwaves of the breach hitting the pattern. 

Luckily for our heroes, the BWB also seemed to imply that the DO gets more power as the world goes deeper into chaos.  So they should have a little more time before the DO gets more reach into the pattern.

There was an specullation, that i don't recall very clear, about the DO not wanting the Seals to be broken before the right time... and that the seal was preventing the Bore to heal on itself..

So if the seals all broke before the DO is ready to strike he would start loosing ground in the world as the bore would be healing and all in all.

confirms? denials? i'm crazy?

Archived