DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV]NBC Summer Line up... it makes me sad...

Emperor

Guest Emperor

NBC announced the premieres for its original alternative programs in Summer 2007 that feature the return of last summer's hit "America's Got Talent" (with new host Jerry Springer) on May 29 as well as an updated edition of the hit series "Last Comic Standing" (with new host Bill Bellamy) on June 13 and the launch of "Age of Love" reality dating series (with host Mark Consuelos) on June 18. In addition, NBC will reprise the popular weight-loss series "The Biggest Loser" (with new host Alison Sweeney from NBC's "Days of our Lives") in late summer.

The announcements were made today by Craig Plestis, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development, NBC Entertainment.

"We have a strong hand to play this summer season with a proven stable of winning series from past summers," said Plestis. "Impressively, each returning show will have a fresh look with new hosts and the competitions on 'America's Got Talent,' 'Last Comic,' and 'Biggest Loser' will be even bigger and better than before. Likewise, we like what we see with the new 'Age of Love,' which could prove to be the breakout hit of the summer."

"America's Got Talent" will debut on Tuesday, May 29 (9-11 p.m. ET) with a two-hour season premiere, then will resume in its regularly scheduled time period the following Tuesday, June 5 (8 p.m. ET). "Last Comic Standing" will premiere on Wednesday, June 13 -- also with a two-hour premiere from 9-11 p.m. (ET) - then will regularly continue on Wednesdays starting June 20 (9-10 p.m. ET). The series will go on an international search looking for the funniest comic in the world.

"Age of Love," hosted by Mark Consuelos ("All My Children"), debuts on Monday, June 18 (10-11 p.m. ET). The exact day and time for the late-summer premiere of "The Biggest Loser" will be announced later.

Note they are all reality TV shows and no new dramas or comedies... Empy sad.

Guest Stefania Sedai

*Blows nose loudly into a kleenex, then pulls out a new one and hands it to Empy* I mourn with you. Friends has been replaced by sweaty fat people and unfunny people who think that they are funny. At least I still have ER.

Guest Yveva

I'm ok with Last Comic Standing. It's a decent premise and I won't flee in terror when it's on... but bah. Summer TV is not my friend. Project Runway will be back though! that makes me happy!

Archived