DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New arrival (open to all)

Aldazar

Aldazar left the inn he was staying at in Caemlyn with the two Asha’man he had found there. He had expected them to have a large amount of supplies to make the trip from Caemlyn to Tear, but they seemed to be carrying less then he was. When he asked the Asha’man about this he stated that the trip would last no longer then a half an hour long enough to ride well out of site of the gates. This sounded like madness to Aldazar but it had to be true or they would have had at least one packhorse.

With Blue green eyes and long brown hair in two braids with silver bells attached to the ends Aldazar was a very tall man with a height of around 6’5’ he wore two swords one slightly larger then the other on his back like he was Kandori but he was only Kandori trained,as his hair named him he was Arefellin

Once they were well out of site of the Far Madding gate the two Asha’man stopped Aldazar and began searching- for a clearing it appeared- but the spot they chose wasn’t clear at all there were trees and bushes aplenty, but obviously this spot had something special about it because he heard one of them say.

“Yes hear I can still feel the resonance from the gateway we arrived through.â€

This all sounded like woolheaded talk to Aldazar but obviously it wasn’t anything of the sort because the other replied saying in a thick Illianer accent “Yes, I do feel it too†Then from nowhere a silver slash in the air appeared and...rotated...that was the only word for it but when the thing was finished it was large enough for a man on horseback to ride through. Now Aldazar understood the reason they were so lightly packed, this...gateway...was going to carry them to Tear today. Suddenly Aldazar was very glad he had found these men instead of making the trip alone without them he would have had to travel for almost 2 months to get here.

As he passed through the gateway on horse something caught his attention this landscape was the same as what he had just left behind him it was nothing like the parts of Tear he had seen on his various travels working as one of his uncle’s merchant guards. When he inquired where they were he got his second shock of the day they were still in Andor it turns out the place in Tear was just a front so that no one would find the real Black Tower.

The place the men had taken him too seemed to just be a large village, that is if you were ignorant of the fact that almost all the males wore black coats some with pins on the collars to name their rank. His two companions led him to an inn where they stabled their horses after which Aldazar was ordered to stay out front and wait for someone to come show him where he would be staying and the rest of the tower.

ooc: ok, I'm just too lazy to pull up Word, so there is going to be a few spelling errors. :wink:

IC: Noy was doing a few laps around the Farm, to keep in physical shape, when he encountered an Asha'man. "Burn me...bloody new recruits...Inn," the man mumbled. Suddenly he noticed Noy was there. "You boy, go to the Inn, there's a new recruit for you to meet."

"Me, but..."

"Yes you, now get going." Noy grimaced, but he could not ignore a direct order from an Asha'man. He sprinted to the Inn to finish off his excercize for the morning. Once he had arrived Noy took a deep breath, it was not the recruit's fault that he got forced into showing him around. Noy looked around the Inn and saw one man who was definately not in the atire, and walked over to him. "Hello, I am Soldier Noy Lugay, and I was told to show you around the Black Tower, which we fondly refer to as the Farm. If you are here it means that you can, or wish to, learn to use Saidin, the One Power. What we are in right now is the only Inn in the Farm, we call it the Inn." Noy grinned.

"Here is where you will get all of your meals, which are usually cooked by the Second in comand at the Black Tower, M'Hael Haran Dashive. Now follow me." Noy lead the man outside. "You will be staying at the Soldier barracks, a tent will be assigned to you a little later. I am not sure when, for I just stay in my Mentor's house. Over here is the Training Grounds, which we won't tour for we don't want to acidently wander into a training session. Over this way is the Traveling grounds, where you came from. You are to never go there. The Gateways that are created by Asha'man are extremely deadly and you could easily lose an arm or leg by getting in the way of one."

Noy led him back to the Inn. "There is also a few other places, such as the Dedicated barracks, but you don't have to worry about those." Now to go into more detail. "Within the Farm, you can see everyone is wearing black coats, this shows that we are members of the Black Tower. In the Black Tower, channeling residents have three ranks: Soldier, on the bottom, Dedicated, the middle rank, and the Asha'man, which are the highest rank. If you see a Sword pin on a man's collar, he is a Dedicated, a Sword and a Golden serpentiene pin which we call a Dragon marks the man as an Asha'man. I, on the other hand, am a Soldier, therefore I have no pins."

"Next stop, we enjoy a meal and chat. I see that you are Andoran by the cut of your coat. What brings you to the Black Tower?

ooc: just post your thoughts on the Farm, and chat with me. BTW, Noy is 5'11 210 pounds, has brown eyes and sleek, jet black hair.

OOC: just to let u know I’m Arafellin it’s in the 2nd paragraph of my post but don’t worry i’ll work it into my reply

IC: After a short wait outside he inn he had been left at a man arrived. He was maybe 6 inches shorter then Aldazar and had jet black hair he introduced himself as Soldier Noy Lugay He showed him around and gave him a quick lesson in the ranks here after which he led him into the inn he had been waiting outside and said "Next stop, we enjoy a meal and chat. I see that you are Andoran by the cut of your coat. What brings you to the Black Tower?â€

“Well first of all I’m Arafellin, the coat is Andoran cut because I had bought so I had a new coat to travel to Tear in it was a surprise to learn that we are still in Andor but I see where the need would come from to keep the real base of operations secret, there is not many Aes’sedai out there that would abide a man channeling. And as for my reasons for what brings me here that’s easily answered news of men being trained in the one power to fight alongside the Dragon Reborn reached me. In the Borderlands everyone knows that the Dragon is the only chance humanity has against the Dark One at Tarmon Gai’don I thought I could help better as a Asha’man than I could as just another soldier in an army".

ooc: :oops: *smacks head repeatedly, oops, well, the whole smacking the head thing should make me smarter, right?

IC:“Well first of all I’m Arafellin, the coat is Andoran cut because I had bought so I had a new coat to travel to Tear in it was a surprise to learn that we are still in Andor but I see where the need would come from to keep the real base of operations secret, there is not many Aes’sedai out there that would abide a man channeling. And as for my reasons for what brings me here that’s easily answered news of men being trained in the one power to fight alongside the Dragon Reborn reached me. In the Borderlands everyone knows that the Dragon is the only chance humanity has against the Dark One at Tarmon Gai’don I thought I could help better as a Asha’man than I could as just another soldier in an army."

Noy chuckled, "True, very true. You can help much more as an Asha'man, or even a Soldier, as you can as just a common armyman. Don't think that coming here will make you friendly with the Dragon Reborn though. I have been here for weeks and never seen hide nor head of him. I know someone who has been here for a year and never seen him. We are weapons of the Dragon, if a weapon brakes, you don't cry about it, you simply get another weapon."

ooc: ahhhhhhh, so tiny. I spend to much time spamming. :wink:

IC: Aldazar looked at the other man totally bewildered, any man in the Borderlands knew he could die any day but this man sounded like he expected to die any day. Light, what kind of place is this. “I don’t expect to meet the Dragon Reborn, I don’t expect to see him even. I do intend to fight the shadow in service to the light though. And if i’m alive and sane I will be on the march when Tarmon Gai’don comes. I’ve told you my story would you mind telling me yours.â€

OOC: wow this was a short post looks like depressed Noy time tho

ooc: I made an exception for Ged in my No-telling-Noy's-story polacy, but don't expect me to do it again. You need to get Ged drunk... or something. :D

IC: “I don’t expect to meet the Dragon Reborn, I don’t expect to see him even. I do intend to fight the shadow in service to the light though. And if i’m alive and sane I will be on the march when Tarmon Gai’don comes. I’ve told you my story would you mind telling me yours.â€

"I'm glad you don't expect to be meeting the Dragon any time soon. It's also good that you are willing to fight the shadow with all of your energy, for that is what the Black Tower exists for." As for the other, Noy grinned, he had come up with a convincing half-truth. "My story, much more bland than yours, as you can see for yourself, I am not a Borderlander, and I was not dedicated to fighting the Shadow before I came here.

"I was found by the recruitment parties, then I was tested. They found that I could learn to channel the One Power so they brought me here. See, nothing very exiting about that." Noy's grin lessened as he spoke again. "We are the lucky ones, we came without any tradgedies, no loosing control of the Power, or being forced out of your hometown. We weren't chased or hated or resented. We, my friend, were the lucky ones."

OOC: i'll bear with the lie since i know wat ur background is anyway :wink:

IC: "I'm glad you don't expect to be meeting the Dragon any time soon. It's also good that you are willing to fight the shadow with all of your energy, for that is what the Black Tower exists for. My story, much more bland than yours, as you can see for yourself, I am not a Borderlander, and I was not dedicated to fighting the Shadow before I came here. I was found by the recruitment parties, then I was tested. They found that I could learn to channel the One Power so they brought me here. See, nothing very exiting about that." Noy's grin lessened as he spoke again. "We are the lucky ones, we came without any tradgedies, no loosing control of the Power, or being forced out of your hometown. We weren't chased or hated or resented. We, my friend, were the lucky ones."

Smiling Aladazar clapped the man on the shoulder and said "Hearin all of that makes me glad I had'nt started channeling earlier, you see I was born with the spark in me but luckily my inborn ability to channel hasn't been activated...yet. And as for being dedicated to fighting the shadow before I came here I think i'll tell you that I was raised on one of the farms closer to the Great Blight then most would go. So soon as I was old enough i was sent to one of my kandori uncles to be trained in the sword, after which I rejoined my family on the farm and as soon as I was old enough I went to work as a guard for one of my other uncle's merchant wagons." wow I must be in a mood for talking he thought to himself. he had given this man near enough an account of his whole life. Just in time a meal for each of them and what seemed a pitcher of mulled wine arrived at their table. ALdazar began wolfing down food as soon as the serving man layed it on the table

ooc: Man, sorry im SOOOO late on posting, but now I have like 4 days off to catch up :D

IC: Brand Ishmar lazed about his room in the Dedicated's barracks. He was tired and had been forced to stay up all night working with Drenn to regain control over Saidin. It was a rather nasty night and the self control of Brand was now back up to a deadly high. Rubbing his now black skin around his death black eyes, he slowly sat up from his chair. Growing under the stiffness, he got up and stumbled to put on his pants. Tucking in a new shirt and buttoning up his coat, he pined the silver sword to his collar and rubbed it so it shined.

Strapping on his new swords, Thunder and Lightning, he strolled out of the barracks and towards the Inn for a meal. He felt too lazy to go thought all the formalities of eating at the Dedicated's mess and the Inn was closer.

Swaggering in, his face completely blank and emotional, Brand looked about to find a place to sit. It was late in the morning and the Inn was all cleared, only a few soldiers eat in a corner, one, was most certainly a green recruit just arrived. Smiling, Brand remembered his first day at the Black Tower, a few years ago... Then it hit him. What was that job that Asha'man gave me yesterday? Oh, there was a new recruit to be coming and I was supposed to greet him. Looking at the two men, Brand shrugged. Less work for him if some one else beat him too it.

Walking over to the table, he smiled and waved at a quickly straitening Nay. The other man just froze in mid movement of putting his fork into his mouth. Grabbing a chair and sitting down, Brand cocked his head. "How many times must I repeat it, I only like formalities when it comes to two things, a parade and out on the battlefield. So relax, I did not come here to be caught up in formalities, if I wanted that, I would have just gone to the mess." Turning his smiling face, Brand looked at the recruit. Eyebrows slowly rising, Brand quickly calculated the mans height. Brand was pretty short, a bare 5,8" and this man was huge, towering over him by a good foot. Yet the man flinched when Brand directed his gaze at him. Hum, still get the same reaction these days about my eyes as ever...

Extending his hand in welcome, Brand continued to look the recruit in the eyes and surprisingly he held his gaze. "I like you, you have spunk. Dedicated Brand Ishmar at your service. Former Cairhien lord, turned weapon. Age: now 24, hobby's: Killing any thing that moves." Brand smirked. "You?"

ooc: Brand is realy cocky and pompuss, and view pretty much every thing as a chanlange. Hope this introduces my character well. Oh, Brand's eye and the skin around his eyes (eye lids ext.) have been turned black by Saidin, and most people are nervous and have trouble keeping and returning his gaze. He also has a thing scar running from his left eye brow down to his lip as well as one on his right cheek.

While busily wolfing down his morning meal another man arrived. Aldazar hadn’t even noticed him until he scraped back a chair for himself. Noy had certainly noticed he froze with a forkful of food rising to his mouth. The new arrival had to of noticed this as well because he said "How many times must I repeat it, I only like formalities when it comes to two things, a parade and out on the battlefield. So relax, I did not come here to be caught up in formalities, if I wanted that, I would have just gone to the mess.†When the man to turned to Aldazar he couldn’t help but flinch his eyes were dead black they seemed to take in the light of the room, and strangely the skin around those eyes was black as well.

I will not look away. He told himself, he didn’t look away but he did almost jump when the other man spoke to him "I like you, you have spunk. Dedicated Brand Ishmar at your service. Former Cairhien lord, turned weapon. Age: now 24, hobby's: Killing any thing that moves." Brand smirked. "You?"

“Well my name is Aldazar. Former merchants guard, and I guess I’ll become a weapon soon too. As for age I’m 20â€[/i]

ooc: well, I suppose it's byebye time for me now that Brand's here. :wink: I will give you a couple posts though.

IC: "How many times must I repeat it, I only like formalities when it comes to two things, a parade and out on the battlefield. So relax, I did not come here to be caught up in formalities, if I wanted that, I would have just gone to the mess." Noy grinned, this was one reason why he liked the man, another was his sence of humor.

"I am sorry My Lord Dedicated-soon-to-be-Asha'man Brand Ishmar Sir!" Noy's grin grew. "You know that I cannot compair to your infinate intelegence and skill." Noy wondered if he had gone a little too far, but decided that it was probibly ok. "But really? Killing everthing that moves, that isn't very kind."

"Don't worry too much about 'becoming a weapon' it won't be too hard to get started. Your instructers will make sure of that." Noy looked towards Brand, who was currently being stared down by Aldazar. Brand was right, the man did have spunk, but Noy didn't think that it would be good for him. "Are you his mentor, Brand, or are you just here for the fun of it?"

ooc: You can stay as long as you like Jasonr.

Brand soon found out that Noy had spunk as well. Brand liked spunk in a guy, it made life more pleasant and laughter was a ray of light breaking up the black that covered there lives as male channalers. "I am sorry My Lord Dedicated-soon-to-be-Asha'man Brand Ishmar Sir!" Noy's grin grew. "You know that I cannot compare to your infinite intelligence and skill." Chuckling Brand nodded for Noy to continue. "But really? Killing everything that moves, that isn't very kind."

Brand smile widened menacingly. "Of all people, Noy you would understand, we are not being trained here for the fun of it. If we do not have the mentality that we must kill living things, not only shadowspawn, but those of our own race, we can not perform up to the level that the Dragon Reborn wants." Looking up at Aldazar, Brand nodded. "Best to get the worst over first, then the rest will be ok..." Cocking his head back over to Noy. "And stop calling me a lord soon to be Asha'man. I gave up that life to become more and I would hate to see the face's of the other Dedicated’s if all of the soldiers started calling me an Asha'man before I even get to the rank." Brand paused to regain his breath. "But yes, I am intelligent, cunning, have incredible skill and am the most handsome man to ever walk the earth on which you stand on, but I don’t like to say it, since it demoralizes the men."

Both of the men that sat in front of him chucked at Brand's words, clearly reading the mass of sarcasm plainly worded.

Noy looked over to Aldazar. "Don't worry too much about 'becoming a weapon' it won't be too hard to get started. Your instructors will make sure of that." Brand nodded his support of Noy's words.

Noy turned back to look at Brand and Brand's smile and cocked head made him look much younger then he really was. "Are you his mentor, Brand, or are you just here for the fun of it?" Brand's smile slowly faded and was replaced by his smirk. "Depends..." Noy and Aldazar’s raised eyebrow's prompted Brand to continue. "...Depends on how good he is. We will see, but I like his hight, a bit of a impediment when it comes to stalking and hiding, but the bigger you are, the more umph you can put into your punch." Brand felt he needed to unstable the younger man, just to see his reacting at quick change's. "Have you ever killed a man, face to face, his blood on you?"

Brand paused to let Aldazar answer.

ooc: feel free to answer what ever you like.

Noy looked over to Aldazar. "Don't worry too much about 'becoming a weapon' it won't be too hard to get started. Your instructors will make sure of that." Aldazar saw Brand nodding his support for what Noy was saying.

Noy turned back to look at Brand and Brand's smile and cocked head made him look much younger then he really was. "Are you his mentor, Brand, or are you just here for the fun of it?" Brand's smile slowly faded and was replaced by his smirk. "Depends..." Aldazar raised an eyebrow and a glance at Noy showed the same expression on his face Brand continued. "...Depends on how good he is. We will see, but I like his height, a bit of an impediment when it comes to stalking and hiding, but the bigger you are, the more oomph you can put into your punch." Brand went on changing the subject "Have you ever killed a man, face to face, his blood on you?"

“Yes†was all he wanted to say but Brand’s questioning gaze coming from those dead black eyes willed him to say more. “There are always groups of men who think they can overwhelm merchant’s wagons but there aren’t many people that can overwhelm an all Borderlander’s group of guards I’ve killed my fair share of brigands.†He took a drink of his wine then to went his throat and went on “As for stalking you can be surprised what some people can do I heard a rumor of Aiel who could hide in a fold of land you would think not even a dog cold hide in and from what I know of the Aiel war I would be accounted average height with their people"

ooc: this one's got to be short. :wink: and 'most hansomest'? That title's reserved for Isha, lol.

IC: Noy sighed mentally. These fool men thinking that the world was only about how many men they had killed and how tough they were. Noy understood the need to be able to kill a man, even in cold blood. But really, did they have to sound like they were bragging about it like two 11 year olds talking about how fast they could run?

In an atempt, one that he knew was useless, to change the subject, Noy said: "Kill everything that moves, eh? Well I feel sorry for the poor squirls in the forest, I hear you train there a lot." Noy grinned at Brand, he didn't know if he looked cold-hearted, or mearly foolish.

One thing was true though, he was getting irritated at Brand's attitude towards their situation. "Brand, you treat yourself like a weapon, a dispenceable weapon. I understand that it is our sole porpose here to become weapons, or at least it was. But what will happen after the Last Battle, huh? If we keep eating out of the Dragon's hand, what happens after the Battle is done? Will we be put down like rabid dogs, sacrificed to the Aes' Sedai as a way to save his skin. After all, the Dragon also becomes useless after the Last Battle, what would keep him from sacrificing us to the Aes' Sedai to save his own skin?"

Noy took a deep breath, he wouldn't shoot down the other men's beliefs. Light, it seemed like they could not think to beyond their next fight, though. "All I am trying to say is, what next? What happens if we spend all of our time becoming weapons, then we become useless after the Last Battle? I know for a fact that M'Hael Dalinar is a gifted healer, and is not seen training with weapons. How can we ever survive after the Last Battle if we can only do one thing? I am not saying that we shouldn't train, but all I hear is: you must become weapons. There is more to life than just the next fight."

"Yes...There are always groups of men who think they can overwhelm merchant’s wagons, but there aren’t many people that can overwhelm a Borderlander’s group of guards. I’ve killed my fair share of brigands... As for stalking you can be surprised what some people can do I heard a rumor of Aiel who could hide in a fold of land you would think not even a dog cold hide in and from what I know of the Aiel war I would be accounted average height with their people†Brand harrumphed after Aldazar's word's. "Well I guess that’s good. At least it means that you can kill again. As for the Aiel, I have witnessed first hand what they can do. One blighter was able to get so close to me that he could reach out and touch me shoulder, but the poor sap had my blade half way through him before he felt the sting. Got to love wards..."

When Noy started to speak, all of the nice appearance that he had shown at the start faded and was replaced by his normal cold hearted emotions.

"Brand, you treat yourself like a weapon, a dispensable weapon. I understand that it is our sole purpose here to become weapons, or at least it was. But what will happen after the Last Battle, huh? If we keep eating out of the Dragon's hand, what happens after the Battle is done? Will we be put down like rabid dogs, sacrificed to the Aies' Sedai as a way to save his skin? After all, the Dragon also becomes useless after the Last Battle, what would keep him from sacrificing us to the Aes' Sedai to save his own skin?"

A small fire raged in Brand as he sought to suppress it and was just able to keep his face impassive. Guess its time to let them know about my background... Thought Brand.

"The Black Tower is all I have and all I know now. When I became a dedicated, they gave me special permition to leave with an Asha'man to go and look for my family. I did not find them, but I found out that they had all been killed by the Shaido dogs. Even my soon to me wife had been taken as a slave, then kill when she tried to escape. It’s clear that you don’t understand my position in this world, I live only for revenge. Revenge on the dark that killed off all of those that I loved. It is true, my sole perpause here is to be a weapon, and I don’t mind it one bit. We must follow the Dragon, I do not eat out of his hand, I had seen him once, he is barley older them myself, and he does not inspire his men very well. But he is in charge, he is our general and we must follow him."

Brand paused to regain his completion and ideas. "After the Last Battle, if we all do not die in it, I really don’t know what will happen to us. I suppose I would take all of those that follow me, and we would travel to a long forgotten land and stay till the ends of our natural lives. I would really like to start a nation, were male and female channalers can live together, and no one can fear that we go mad and kill every thing again.

I won’t go down groveling to any Aes Sedei! Best to keep one's honor by being killed in battle, then to be cut off from Saidin and left a shell of a man."

ooc: Well, even though you didn't really post much on the Meeting the Peoples thread, I will say you were there anyway. :wink:

IC: Noy exhaled when he heard Brand's responce. "The Black Tower is all I have and all I know now. When I became a dedicated, they gave me special permition to leave with an Asha'man to go and look for my family. I did not find them, but I found out that they had all been killed by the Shaido dogs. Even my soon to me wife had been taken as a slave, then kill when she tried to escape. It’s clear that you don’t understand my position in this world, I live only for revenge. Revenge on the dark that killed off all of those that I loved. It is true, my sole perpause here is to be a weapon, and I don’t mind it one bit. We must follow the Dragon, I do not eat out of his hand, I had seen him once, he is barley older them myself, and he does not inspire his men very well. But he is in charge, he is our general and we must follow him."

It was sad, his story was very sad, loosing all that he loved to the Aeil, but he didn't believe revenge was the only thing in life. An anger spread across Noy. "Brand, you know who I am, you know where I come from. You Asha'man took away my life and everything I loved, and I don't hold it against you. I put revenge behind me, that way I could have a chance to move on with my life."

Noy sighed, he really didn't want to get Brand mad at him, but he couldn't hold his tounge today. Noy would have appologised, but he wanted to see Brand's responce, whether it was anger, which was most likely, or supprise or even amusement.