DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lets talk about the writers ...

Quiksilver

26 minutes ago, DigificWriter said:

I have a feeling that if Sarah Nakamura were to be publicly asked for her unvarnished thoughts on the show, her answer(s) might not be what people who have issues with the show want to hear.

Hence drinks at the bar. She's probably one of the biggest book fans on the planet. These changes cannot be what she envisioned or hoped for. Now, she could very well take the approach many supporters have taken here: "I'm just so excited to watch this new turning of the wheel" etc. etc.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:52 PM, DigificWriter said:

I have a feeling that if Sarah Nakamura were to be publicly asked for her unvarnished thoughts on the show, her answer(s) might not be what people who have issues with the show want to hear.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, WoTwasThat said:

I imagine she’s in a very difficult spot.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, TheMountain said:

My bad, episode 6 was when she actually went MIA. With Episode 5 she kind of skipped over most of the questions she got (she promised in a tweet to go back and answer them, but she never did). She used to tweet regularly and answer questions, but she hasn't said anything at all since Dec 10th. 

On 12/29/2021 at 6:20 PM, WoTwasThat said:

Hence drinks at the bar. She's probably one of the biggest book fans on the planet. These changes cannot be what she envisioned or hoped for. Now, she could very well take the approach many supporters have taken here: "I'm just so excited to watch this new turning of the wheel" etc. etc.

If she's quiet on social media for reasons other than family, holiday, physical health, etc, I think this interminable onslaught of nerdrage may have something to do with it.

41 minutes ago, Aimless said:

If she's quiet on social media for reasons other than family, holiday, physical health, etc, I think this interminable onslaught of nerdrage may have something to do with it.

WTAF have I just read -sorry, I need to vent!  Why on Earth do people think it is acceptable to contact someone and send this sort of abuse.  Even the 'mild' stuff is an absolute disgrace.  

22 minutes ago, WoTwasThat said:

Pretty much everybody in the public eye gets death threats. That’s “the internet.” It’s ridiculous. 

It is ridiculous.  It is ridiculous that we allow that to be considered normal. 

Even if it happens to everyone in the public eye it still takes its toll to have those things repeated over and over again.  Even scarier when you have a family and those "internet" people start threatening them.

2 hours ago, Lethira the second said:

WTAF have I just read -sorry, I need to vent!  Why on Earth do people think it is acceptable to contact someone and send this sort of abuse.  Even the 'mild' stuff is an absolute disgrace.  

And that's just what they're doing out in the open! Even without death threats, this sort of sustained, personally targeted—and just absurdly disproportionate—negativity can be incredibly damaging. To then see a bunch of dudes getting all weird about her apparent hiatus from social media, without so much as acknowledging the campaign of harrassment she's been subjected to since the show launched... it just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Some of these fans are just so weirdly possessive—not only of the source material but even of people involved with that material.

2 hours ago, Ralph said:

Ugh. Just hope the studio & team have got her back. 

3 hours ago, DigificWriter said:

So criminal offenses are okay if they're constantly happening? That's a load of bunk.

I think this is where some attorney argues about Freedom of Speech and no specific intent or action, and why it's not a criminal offense.

I agree with your position, but until Twitter and Facebook mandate the blue checkmark system, internet warriors will continue to hide behind their keyboards to act tough.

11 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I think this is where some attorney argues about Freedom of Speech and no specific intent or action, and why it's not a criminal offense.

I agree with your position, but until Twitter and Facebook mandate the blue checkmark system, internet warriors will continue to hide behind their keyboards to act tough.

Ummm… some of the “blue check brigade” likewise say some pretty terrible stuff. I don’t think that’s the solution. And now I’ll stop because we are getting way off topic.