DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How would you have started the series?

Not sure why. Even if the DR has to be same gender as the D, that would be more bc of the tainting of Saidin, but the show hasn't yet explained that the madness and the cleansing are part of his future. 

Other reasons have been suggested, but I wonder if it is as simple as not wanting Ishamael to be easily identified as separate from the DO. Could also be they thought the dead misshapen bodies too gruesome for an opener. They skimmed it in the animation

I would have loved to see it though

They needed to tell some kind of back story, but I don't think the prologue would have worked. 

Maybe they should have started it with Moiraine and Lan - searching in the years before they arrive at EF.

TBH it hardly matters now - in retrospect the best way of starting the series if they could go back would be to fire Rafe Judkins and get a proper showrunner.

Edited by Maximillion

Change the Opening to the following.

Aiel war comes to a close. Gitara watches this happen via visions and she lets Morainne and Siuan what is happening.

Suddenly Skies change, and  Gitara is Gripped with a Foretelling. She foretells the Dragon reborn.This prophecy is done with Dramatic portents in the sky and supernatural signs all around the world

Viewers watching this, get the point immediately. Someone Great and terrifying has been born. Gitara tells Morainne that they have to find the Child no matter what it takes. No matter how long. She dies right after

We then see a quick montage of Moraiine travelling the world searching for this child through the years. Montage ends in present day as we see Morainne head to the two rivers

12 hours ago, LordyLord said:

Change the Opening to the following.

Aiel war comes to a close. Gitara watches this happen via visions and she lets Morainne and Siuan what is happening.

Suddenly Skies change, and  Gitara is Gripped with a Foretelling. She foretells the Dragon reborn.This prophecy is done with Dramatic portents in the sky and supernatural signs all around the world

Viewers watching this, get the point immediately. Someone Great and terrifying has been born. Gitara tells Morainne that they have to find the Child no matter what it takes. No matter how long. She dies right after

We then see a quick montage of Moraiine travelling the world searching for this child through the years. Montage ends in present day as we see Morainne head to the two rivers

sounds perfect TBH.

This is probably controversial but I would have the first season be totally based around New Spring. End the season with Moiraine and Lan heading off in the sunset to search for the Dragon. Then open season 2 with them arriving in the Two Rivers. If this was the case a lot of the Aes Sedai worldbuilding we have gotten could have been removed or shortened as it would already have been done in the New Spring season.

I wouldn't have started the series at all. For the simple reason that eight one hour long episodes can never do it justice, nor can a tiny budget. As we can all see. I want my favourite series to be  a quality show.

If I had more episodes (up to 13) and a longer first episode I'd probably have started with either Gitara Moroso or a LoTR style voiceover. I guess the voiceover, to quickly establish the lore.

Though I really like the prologue as well. Not sure what I'd do with that.