DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The New Content is here!!

Elder_Haman

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think October is the very earliest we will see it. I am not 100% convinced we get it in 2021 with more Covid delays likely.

Why do you feel like more delays are likely? With vaccines out, it seems like the major disruptions are behind us. 

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

They are going to need 8 months to a year for post production.

That would be well longer than post would take on a normal show, much less one that has been doing post production work since 2019. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, Elder_Haman said:

Why do you feel like more delays are likely? With vaccines out, it seems like the major disruptions are behind us. 

That would be well longer than post would take on a normal show, much less one that has been doing post production work since 2019. 

Well it will still be several months before enough people get her immunity. I also realize 8 months of post production is long but I do not think WoT is a normal show. I think the estimates of the first year budget are well low. The roughly $120M is just what they spent overseas. I suspect the real budget is close to $200 million. So I think we are going to see motion picture quality special effects and those take a lot of time. I hope I am wrong and it happens soon, but I will be happy if it happens by the Oct/Nov timeframe. 

On a personal note I am way too obsessed with this show. I truly hope it is good so I am not disappointed but haven't seen anything yet to suggest it will be anything other than great. The concept art was perfect IMO