DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Movie Battle Tournament (Last Round on Page 9)

Emperor

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emperor

LOTR barely makes it to the next round.

Now up....

Pirates of the Caribbean

piratesofthecaribbeanc.jpg

vs.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

raid.jpg

Guest Haxorsist

It's been ages since I've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark, I barely remember anything. I'm gonna have to wait with my vote, for a little bit, in case I decide to see it tomorrow or something.

Guest Emperor

I am trying my best to make these decisions hard. I know I need to think on this one for a moment before I post a reply.

Guest Cadsuane

Nooooooooo!! Don't make me decide between Jack and Indy!! That's like trying to make me decide between Wolverine and Han Solo... Or Jack and Han Solo... Or Han and Indy... Or... Well, you get the picture. :twisted:

I will have to ponder this. *puts on serious expression and wanders off in deep thought*

Guest Segurant

Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's a timeless classic. It launched Harrison Ford's character even higher. I mean the scene where the big guy with the sword is threatening Indy, he just pulls out his gun and shots the guy! That wasn't even scripted!!!!

Guest Emperor

You know, I thought about it all night and have to say Raiders is the better of the two movies and will probably stand the test of time.

Guest Segurant

I've seen Pirates at the Theaters and I was fortunate enough to see a screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen during the Coke Film Festival in Atlanta,

Raiders was great, the crowd was so into the movie.

i vote raiders =) i ... have a slight dislike for PotC. not because it's bad - i really enjoy the music & banter in the script & of course depp is right on with his acting - but it's very hyped atm. i do think when the series is over & the hype shifts to another film, people will move on.

Guest Emperor

Raiders leads 4 - 1. Unless we get a big push from the Pirate fans, Raiders is going to win and I will post a new one. *goes off to think about the next rounds competitors*

Guest Yveva

Pirates was a complete surprise for me, and I still enjoy watching the movie again late at night and laugh and get swept up in the story (which is my personal test of time).

BUT. Raider's is just better. There's history, history with Nazis!

Guest Emperor

I do not see Pirates coming back from this hole....

Raiders wins 5-2.

Next up is a battle royal.... I had to find something tough to go up against this monster movie... and I think I succeeded...

Star Wars

starw3.gif

vs.

Gladiator

gladiator_ver1.jpg

Guest Segurant

since your image didn't come up for Gladiator I'll say Star Wars.

Gladiator was a great movie. I loved the action involved throughout the movie. However, Star Wars shook up the movie genre 30 years ago. At the time it help several box office records (I really don't count them today as the prices of tickets have gone up).

Also more people would rather be Jedis than Gladiators. In some countries, Jedi is even classified as a religion.

Guest Emperor

I was trying to pick something that could possibly take down the giant of Gladiator... and I think I chose correctly.

I vote Star Wars... because it was one of the first Blockbusters of all time. Plus, I grew up with this movie and everyone knows the characters.

Guest Segurant
I was trying to pick something that could possibly take down the giant of Gladiator... and I think I chose correctly.

I vote Star Wars... because it was one of the first Blockbusters of all time. Plus' date=' I grew up with this movie and everyone knows the characters.[/quote']

Not only do I know all the lines to this movie, but also all the sound effects, ask Kathana :D

Archived