DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stop sneaking and lift this!!! (Attn:Kedyn)

Sato

Daruun walked calmly from the barracks that he had just recently moved into towards the clearing he had designated as his training area. Glancing out of the corner of his eye he saw Kedyn walking in the same direction "Kedyn!" he called out. The two of them had gone through Officer Training School together but had never really become close friends. When the scout approached him Daruun addressed him. "Peace favour your sword my friend, are you ready for a good workout?" "Yes." mumbled the younger man. Daruun could tell that he was still upset over the loss of Lavena. "Well Kedyn, I think you will enjoy my workout. I find it helps get my mind off the world and helps to relieve all kinds of stress."

When the two men had arrived at the clearing Daruun turned to Kedyn. "Okay, give me a couple of minutes here to check and make sure that everything is set up right and nothing is living amongst any of my equipment. Ya know, I was thinking about getting someone to build me a shed in which to store some of my stuff. You wouldn't happen to know of anyone would you?" As the two men talked Daruun made his way over to the racks of weights and the metal benches that he had made for weight lifting. After checking to make sure that they were still stable and that the rust wasn't compromising anything Daruun made his way over to the large pile of meduim sized stones set in the middle of the clearing. Lifting a few stones, Daruun pulled out some bags he had hidden under them and shook them out just in case something might be living in them. "You know what else I'm going to have to do before long? Remake my weights and my benches, they are starting to rust from this weather and nothing I have been doing can stop it. I really need a shed or something. But anyway, now that I've checked everything I will give you the overview of what we will be doing."

With that he walked Kedyn back over to the weights and had him sit on a bench. "Today is merely going to be an assessment day. I will give you some wieghts, show you how to lift them right and see how many repetitions you can do. Then I will do the same weights and see how many repetitions I can do. Then we will break for lunch, after lunch we will run the track that I have cut into the forest over there and see how long we last. Judging from all that I will know where to start you on your workout. Then tomorrow the real work will begin. That sound pretty good to you?"

OOC: Okay Kael, just give me your intro then I will get us cracking on the workout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kedyn followed Daruun closely. His face was set in stone, normal as he still could not get over his grief nor at the moment did he want to. Pushing everyone away so he would not get attached and feel the loss. It was only a short time before they were there though.

"Okay, give me a couple of minutes here to check and make sure that everything is set up right and nothing is living amongst any of my equipment. Ya know, I was thinking about getting someone to build me a shed in which to store some of my stuff. You wouldn't happen to know of anyone would you?"

Kedyn shook his head once. "Ask around the city and you might be able to find someone able to build something." Kedyn watched as Daruun took out some large bags that appeared to be filled with something heavy, metal from the sound they made when he lifted them. Kedyn nodded along with Daruun as he talked uselessly to fill in the silence. And then sat on the bench set up when daruun motioned him to sit.

"Today is merely going to be an assessment day. I will give you some wieghts, show you how to lift them right and see how many repetitions you can do. Then I will do the same weights and see how many repetitions I can do. Then we will break for lunch, after lunch we will run the track that I have cut into the forest over there and see how long we last. Judging from all that I will know where to start you on your workout. Then tomorrow the real work will begin. That sound pretty good to you?"

Kedyn took in a deep breath. "That sounds fine." Simple and short, there wasn't anything else necessary to reply to. Kedyn wasn't to worried thinking he would do well with the running knowing that the Scout's did as much if not more than any infantryman, and using his longbow had not left his upper body in any week condition. It took a lot of streangth to be able to draw his bow.

----------------------------------------------------

As Daruun guided Kedyn over to the weights he began to stretch, and motioned for Kedyn to do the same. "It's really important to stretch before lifting weights my friend, we don't want anyone to hurt themselves." When Kedyn mumbled his agreement Daruun merely smiled and began demonstrating how to lift the weights. It took no time at all for Kedyn to pick up on how to properly lift the weights and before long both men were lifting steadily.

After about three hours of lifting in various ways the two Banders sat down for some lunch beneath a tree on the edge of the clearing. "So Kedyn, what do you think of an infantryman's workout?" Daruun asked. After Kedyn replied a few moments of silence followed until Daruun began to offer Kedyn wine, then thought better of it, remembering what Kedyn did at the Red Trench, and instead thought up another question. "Well, do you think any of your scouts could handle this kind of workout on a regular basis?" After the two men talked back and forth for a while longer Daruun called a halt to lunch and told Kedyn that the time had come to run. Kedyn should do excellent at this, those scouts do about as much running as us infantrymen.

OOC: alrighty Kedyn, lets get cracking, get it up to date and then it's time to run.