DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Way to milk a franchise!

Yveva

Guest Yveva

Sooooooo in the beginning, there was Flavour of Love. Followed by Flavour of Love 2, then I Love New York... Where can they go from here?

wait for it...

Flavour of Love Girls: Charm School.

Way to extend your fifteen (sometimes even less) minutes of fame *cough* "Ladies"!

Gotta say, the trainwreck factor alone is enough to get me to want to watch.

Guest Emperor

VH1 is just doing what every other network does. Hey CSI is cool... lets go all over the world with it.

TV is just like any other economy. It is all about supply and demand. If you supply a great show once a week for a few months out of the year, it will be big. but if you begin to do spin-offs while the original is on, you dilute your audience.

Guest Emperor

Again why not just stick with one and keep it original and fresh. It is like making a sequel to a movie, the original is always the best.

I am trying to think of all the successful spinoffs out there and all I can think of is Fraiser.

Guest Yveva

but I think in this case it is slightly different because it's a reality show. Technically I suppose the first three shows have self-defeating purposes. If Flave finds real love he won't be back for another season. In shows like Bachelor/Bachelorette/Joe Millionaire/whatev, you just introduce a new protagonist each season. These spinoffs aren't run simultaneously, but there is enough of a recurring cast to bring back viewers (producers hope). I admit, I didn't see charm school coming though. I'm wondering where else they can go with this, a weekly talk show? A how to be a 'ho course?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived