DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

how to get friends and family into reading tWoT?

My sons got me to start the series by lying and telling me KoD was the last book. They had been trying to get me to read them for years' date=' but I was so turned off on "series" because of Jean M. Auel, that I wouldn't. One comment my younger son made, "It's like Lord of the Rings that never ends." almost got me, but I was gonna wait for the final book. We got my husband to read them by sticking TEoTW in his carry on when he had a five hour flight and a week staying in a hotel room for work.He asked for the second book within half an hour of getting home.[/quote']

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing! :wink:

unfortunately,my circle of friends are not into reading.One of them is but reads only star wars.

My mother only wants easy books...

One of my interns saw I was reading WoT and asked me I if I knew The Sword of truth by Goodkind.I told him I would eventually read them once I finished with these...He was interested in WoT as well,so I think I succeeded there.

And my Dad Is the mumbling and cranky kind but all I had to do is show him the cover of the EotW and give him a rough line of the story and he was well on his way! Giving loads of commentary ofcoarse,but I know not to take it seriously! :D

Archived