DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heroes Discussion Redux

Paityr

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emperor

Bah, we haven't gotten much on the shapeshifting chick. We have had no character development so I have no emotion towards her yet.

I agree, I do not care for the Nikki/Jessica plot line.

Guest Emperor

Here is a thought and something I am quite excited about....

I just read that theoretically, each season is suppose to be an arc that does not leave us with a cliffhanger, but wraps itself up. The new season will deliver us brand her characters. If this is true, it would be a truly unique way to run a show.

Guest Cadsuane
Yeah' date=' mini or no mini, I don't particularly like the character. Eden was cool. Candice can eat it.[/color']
Ditto. The show has done nothing to make me interested in her, which leads me to believe she's only there as a necessity to further the plot, not as a "real" character.

Her rather overt sexuality + her particular power remind me of Mystique. Why is it that those two qualities go together in writer's minds?

Because it takes roleplaying to a whole new level.

I don't really like the idea of basically restarting the show in the second season. I mean, it's at least partially the characters that make the show what it is. Anyway, Heroes without Hiro would incite riots.

Where did you hear that they're gonna do a restart next season? I mean I could do without Jessica/Nikki as well as her husband (can't remember his name right now he's been used so little), Parkman, and Nathan, but the show without Hiro, Peter, Clair, and Mr Bennett (he's grown on me the last few episodes) would kinda suck.

Guest Emperor

I read that in a comment somewhere.... so it is not official. *goes off to quote it*...

The creators of Heroes have pretty much confirmed that each season will be like a volume of a comic book series, an encompassing story arc that ends at the end of the season, and that the next season will have new main characters and a new storyline.

Separate comment...

I read a Tim Kring interview that most of the cast will be returning for S-2, because the cast has worked so well together. Next season will have a Generations theme with new threats and some new Heroes as well.

So I think the original idea was to restart the show each season.... which I think would have been brave and interesting and new, but like you said, people are attached to the characters now.

Sure I like Hiro and Peter, etc.... but this does not mean I could not like new characters even more.

Yeah, I thought I read in an interview with Hayden Panettiere tht she had signed a 6 year contract. So surely she'll be in on the show for multiple seasons.

I'm all for adding new characters. And I think it will be very interesting to have a new arc and concept for the heroes to deal with each season. Maybe they'll have a core cast (Clair, Hiro, Peter) who is signed for the long term and then the others rotate out with their plot involvement each season. I dunno, but since the whole show followed the comic that told the future for a long time, I'm actually kind of excited to see it continually treated as a comic book.

Guest Cadsuane

I wouldn't be surprised if the new arcs overlap a bit, and perhaps rotate through some of the originals as spotlight characters, while adding some new ones and skipping some old ones. I don't think they'd start all over again from scratch, that's not really sensible...

Guest Karana Majin

I just watched the show, as I was otherwise occupied on Monday being robbed and filing police reports.

That being said... I liked it. It was slower but no less TEH awesome!1 I liked the battle between Peter and Sylar and wish it had gone on about two more minutes, just back and forth slugging it out... and then they would start making out and suddenly I would be there with them... *wakes up*

Yeow! Anyway. I am intrigued by Angelina, a lot. She always seems so calm, but you know Peter is her favorite and when she broke down crying it was an awesome scene.

Guest Emperor

Heroes 1.20 FAQ

What’s it called?

“String Theory”

What does NBC say?

“Thrown five years in the future, Hiro (Golden Globe nominee Masi Oka) and Ando (James Kyson Lee) discover that people with extraordinary abilities are not only widely known about -- after the destruction of New York City and the deaths of millions -- but are being registered, imprisoned, hunted and even killed as "terrorists." As the President takes his first step towards a "final solution," the pair get swept up in what could be the "Heroes" final battle and encounter a range of new and darkly familiar faces. If they survive the experience, can they still get back to the present and save the world? Stana Katic, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Zachary Quinto guest star.”

What is NBC not telling us?

Matt Parkman has turned evil. Nikki and Jessica are merged, Ali Larter tells TV Guide Online. "And we have an episode coming up that's set in the future. There is definitely a winner then." Maybe she’s even the first lady of the United States.

What lies beyond tonight’s installment?

We’ll learn of Mr. Nakamura’s superpower. We will learn Simone has a superpower, and probably her dad too. We will learn the surprising identity of Claire’s Grandpa Petrelli and the circumstances of his untimely end. The final few episodes will features the returns of George Takai (Kaito Nakamura), Clea DuVall (FBI special agent Audrey Hanson), Tawny Cypress (Simone Devereaux) and Richard Roundtree (Simone’s dad Charles). Sulu and Shaft in the same episode! Can you dig it?

From NBC:

1.21 – May 7 - "The Hard Part"

AS NATHAN AND HIS FAMILY READY FOR THE ELECTION, MASI AND ANDO FACE THE HARD PART OF SAVING THE WORLD; ERIC ROBERTS AND RENA SOFER GUEST-STAR -- Now knowing what's at stake if they fail in their mission, Hiro (Golden Globe nominee Masi Oka) and Ando's (James Kyson Lee) determination to save the world is put to the test. Committed to the path, Nathan

(Adrian Pasdar) takes some surprising steps to guarantee his election. Jessica (Ali Larter) and D.L. (Leonard Roberts) begin to learn how their family fits into Linderman's plans. Thompson (guest star Eric Roberts,

"Less Than Perfect") brings someone new into his company's fold. With more and more blood on his hands, Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto) visits his mom (guest star Ellen Greene). Matthew John Armstrong, Justin Evans,

Missy Peregrym, Cristine Rose, Rena Sofer ("24"), Adair Tishler, and Jackson Wurth guest-star.

1.22 – May 14 - "Landslide"

AS LINDERMAN ARRIVES, NATHAN CONSIDERS THE COST TO WIN THE ELECTION; MALCOLM MCDOWELL, ERIC ROBERTS AND GEORGE TAKEI GUEST-STAR -- Poised to become a member of Congress and maybe more, Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) considers the cost to those he loves, along with his mother's (guest star

Cristine Rose) advice and Linderman's (guest star Malcolm McDowell, "Entourage,""A Clockwork Orange") prophecy. As he prepares to face Sylar (guest star Zachary Quinto) to the death, Hiro (Golden Globe nominee Masi Oka) learns of his linage from his father (guest star George Takei, "Star Trek"). While various "heroes" fatefully arrive in New York City, Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and Ted (Matthew John Armstrong) attempt to leave the city before the foretold explosion. H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) and Matt (Greg Grunberg) learn the surprising truth behind the tracking system used on people with special abilities. Clea DuVall, Justin Evans, James Kyson Lee, Missy Peregrym, Eric Roberts, Rena Sofer, Adair Tishler and Jackson Wurth guest-star.

1.23 – May 21 - "How To Stop an Exploding Man"

HEROES RISE AND FALL IN THE SHOCKING SEASON FINALE WRITTEN BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/CREATOR TIM KRING AND DIRECTED BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ALLAN ARKUSH -- With Isaac's (Santiago Cabera) horrible predictions all unfolding before them, the everyday people with extraordinary abilities face moments of pain and peril in Kirby Plaza with unflinching heroism, as "Heroes" first volume comes to a close -- and the next surprisingly begins. Clea DuVall, Lisa Lackey, James Kyson Lee, Missy Peregrym, Zachary Quinto, Richard Roundtree,

George Takei and Adair Tishler guest-star.

Guest Emperor

Yeah it looks like a great end to the season. If you want to discuss spoiler stuff, just white it out. I imagine discussion completely whited out *g*

No kidding, it looks like good old Sylar gets his hands on a few new powers.

Spoilers!

Were they throwing radiation around?

Also do you think Peter was able to keep Sylar away from Hiro's body long enogh to keep him from looking at his brain? Imagine if future Sylar traveled back in time too...

I'm also starting to think that Isaac's power wasn't so much to see the future as it was to make the future absolute. (Kinda like Paul Atreides in Dune.)

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that they teased us with an amped-up Peter/Sylar superpower throwdown, and then gave us nothing. And this time they both had elemental powers! :(

Other than that, great ep. "I'm dead." :mrgreen: And I am so looking forward to Hiro/Sylar. But where's my tyrannosaur?

Guest Cadsuane

Awwww, I wanna see next week!! Now!! Good episode, esp the surprising scene between Nathan and Claire! And yes, I'd like to see more of a battle between Sylar and Peter. However, I think that they needed to leave it open ended because this is not supposed to be the major battle. If we see one beat the other now, it sorta takes away from whatever happens in the future... I mean, the past... I mean... :lol:

Great episode. When Nathan turned out to be Sylar, it was definitely a holy crap moment. I am wondering why Parkman didn't turn around with all the flashing lights going on and see Sylar behind him though. I'm also a little curious about DL's fate. Wasn't he one of the names future Hiro named when asking about where people were? Or was he one of the guys Bennett turned in to Parkman? Though from the way Nikki was taking it also sounded like he was in NY during the blast. Ah welz not that that's too important. Can't wait until next week.

Sylar was using an ice power. We've seen him use it before, or at least the effects of it. Molly's parents were frozen by Sylar in the second or third episode. The bit where Matt meets Audrey for the first time.

Poor Mohinder. Getting played like a fool by Sylar twice in one life. He has to be the dumbest smart person I've ever seen.

Poor Mohinder. Getting played like a fool by Sylar twice in one life. He has to be the dumbest smart person I've ever seen.

*laughs* Nice one, Kat.

Yeah, that episode totally rocked. I just watched it online (I love the fact that NBC is playing the full episodes online, particularly since we don't get NBC where we live), and all I can say is WOW! That was FREAKIN' AWESOME! So, when Peter blows up NYC, Sylar must have been able to get quickly away somehow, since he hadn't gotten Claire's power, yet. But then, how does he heal himself when Hiro stabs him if Sylar hadn't already stolen it from Claire?

Unless...

...future-Sylar beats future-Peter a few seconds after past-Hiro and Ando teleport away, then goes in and eats future-Hiro's brain while it's still warm (since this seems to still work for him, considering past-Sylar stole voice-control-chick's power even after she blew her brains out), then goes back and fights past-Peter and past-Hiro, who then stabs future-Sylar, thinking it's past-Sylar, when past-Sylar isn't actually there at all.

*whimpers*

My brain hurts...

Archived