DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mass Effect, best looking console game to date??

Emperor

Guest Emperor

Bioware's upcoming space-epic RPG Mass Effect might be the best looking console videogame ever created. Check out the screenshot yourself.

The GDC demos going on as we speak are producing shock and awe in those lucky enough to check out the thing.

There's no release date for the 360 title, but be sure we'll let you know when something, anything, is announced about this one. We predict it's going to be monstorous.

A few screenshots:

1173209607.jpg

1170802781.jpg

What's blowing my mind is that a lot of the stuff in Mass Effect are actually prototypes for another game called Dragon Age, which will debut a year or so later on PC (and may not make it to console because it's too difficult to downgrade everything to PS3 and 360 :shock: - better get saving for a new graphics card).

But I'm going to put it out there that Bioware and their associated developers, the defunct Black Isle and the current Obsidian, are the HBO of game developers. Not one bad game in their back catalogue:

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

Planescape: Torment (probably still their masterpiece)

Icewind Dale

Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter

Icewind Dale II

Neverwinter Nights

Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Neverwinter Nights II

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Jade Empire

Mass Effect

Dragon Age

Guest Emperor

You know I do not know.

I will find some of definite gameplay. I do believe the first one is a cut scene.

• 1 month later...
Guest Emperor

Poor poor seggie.... Ironically we were just chatting about it a few hours ago.

I hear such amazing things about RPG future-hit Mass Effect, that I feel confident telling you it'll be worth the wait. But wait you will. IN spite of early predictions of a June, July or even August drop date, it looks like the things will be coming out in September, at least according to computerandvideogames.com. According to the game news site:

"The news comes from an official Microsoft event this morning, though no more details have been offered."

Hmm.. a little mysterious, but there you go.

Guest Emperor

I need some good GoW friends. I love playing the multiplayer yet keep ending up playing with immature children.

Either they spawn kill, like last night. Or I am on a crappy team playing Annex mode (basically a capture a spot for certain time) playing the game for hours as the other team keeps driving to drive up their kill to death! I just want to play with some quality people.

Guest Emperor

Yep, R6 is fun and all, but I find I am not all that great playing it. I will jump back on to play with friends though, the only reason I have kept it.

Archived