DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

And you thought the farm was bad. Closed RP(ATTN:James)

Seiera

Elyna, I'm afraid I can no longer allow you to train at the White Tower. I need you back here at home, daughter. The sudden entrance of her father into her feverish dreams jolted Elyna into waking.

She woke up in a dark and unfamiliar room. Looking around she saw that she was not the only one here. There was another girl laying on the floor on the other side of the room. Elyna continued to look around, confused, as she gradually began to feel a great thirst washing over her. What am I doing in this.. place? Where is it? Why does my head hurt..? A million questions ran through her head as she headed over to the door and tested the knob. Locked.

The only light in the room was coming in from the crack under the door. Elyna didn't even know if it was day time or night time. Sitting back down on the cold, stone floor, she brought her knees up to her chest and curled up for comfort. This isn't right. I shouldn't be here. I should be back in my room. She turned her head and looked back at the door. The old, yet sturdy looking door was made completely of wood, save for the metal fasteners holding it to the wall. Maybe I can burn the door d-. Then it hit her. The thirst she was feeling was not entirely from her throat. She had been shielded from the Source. For almost ten minutes, the stubborn girl struggled against the weave, trying as hard as she could to touch the source again, but it would not come to her. She began to cry and realized that she was not in friendly territory. Whoever had done this had meant to torture her. She realized now that she may never touch the Source again and screamed out of a feeling of helplessness and sadness.

"Huh..? W-what's going on!?" said the other girl as she was stirred from her sleep by Elyna's cry. Elyna gasped, almost having forgotten that the other girl was there. She looked up at her with red, teary eyes and her lower lip quivered as she said to the unknown girl, "We're trapped in here. There's no way out! We can't even use the One Power! We are to be tortured!!" With that she broke down and continued to sob on her Accepted dress, wimpering something pitiful. After what seemed like hours of uncomfortable silence, someone walked up to the door and stopped. A few seconds later, a tray of food was slid under the door through a latched metal slat that Elyna had not seen before. On the tray were four bowls; two of the bowls contained water, and the other two contained soup. There were two torn-off pieces of bread in the middle of the tray. With that, the slat closed and was relatched. Elyna stared at the tray for a while before she nestled her head back into her arms.

It was the sound of someone crying and a sharp stabbing pain at the back of her head that caused Lillian to awaken. Starting as she asked what was wrong, confusion followed as she found herself surrounded by darkness. Opening herself up to saidar in order to shed light upon the situation, her jaw fell open as the warmth and light that should have come failed to fill her. She could sense it alright, but it was just out of touch, out of sight, a barrier of some sort was between her and the one power. There was only one possibility that could explain such a thing.

As the panic rose within her, the other woman's words compounded them further. Trapped, no escape, no saidar, torture. Where were they? The room was bereft of light save for that which filtered between the door and the frame it rested in. It was then that the bottom of the door was unlatched and opened. A tray was shoved through onto the cold stone that she could feel underneath her own hands, bearing some bowls and bread. The only source of light, no windows, no holes in the walls, nothing. With the latch shut, everything became a subdued darkness with only the hint of light to help a person to see.

But she had gotten a glimpse of the other woman's face while the latch was open as she was closer, Lillian recognised her. Accepted Elyna, she was newly raised to the banded hem and while she knew of the woman, there also came the realisation that she didn't 'know' the woman. Why had they been brought here? The last she remembered was taking a shortcut between marketplaces and then nothing. The throb at the back of her head suggested she'd been clubbed, but where in Tar Valon were they? Were they even in Tar Valon anymore? Without a way to make sense of night or day, they had no way of knowing what time it was let alone how much of it had passed.

If they were shielded, that meant channelers. Sisters wouldn't do this, so that left only one other possibility that made her blanch. Dreadlords. Making her way over to Elyna on her hands and knees, she wrapped her arms around her as she spoke. Despite the rising fear in herself, she had the shock of it to thank for keeping her from the tears that Elyna was shedding, she couldn't quite believe this was happening. "Elyna, its me Lillian. Do you remember what happened to you? I remember going down an alley to get to a market quicker and then nothing. Any idea how much time has passed? Where we are?"

Even as she asked these questions, Lillian began testing her shield. She didn't know much about them, but she had plenty of incentive to try.

Lillian Tremina

Accepted of the White Tower

"Elyna, its me Lillian. Do you remember what happened to you? I remember going down an alley to get to a market quicker and then nothing. Any idea how much time has passed? Where we are?" Elyna's mind had gone numb the moment the latch closed. She had given up on trying to figure things out. Raising her head to look at the woman, she wiped her eyes with a sleeve and spoke, "Lillian? I don't remember at all what happened. I had finished watering my flowers and was running an errand in Tar Valon. I walked into a crowd of people and then I woke up here. Someone there must not have liked me." She rubbed the back of her head and hesitated a bit before continuing. "I have no idea what time it is or where we are. I don't think we're in Tar Valon anymore; it stinks here."

With that she went back to resting her chin on her arms and staring blankly at the wall. Maybe it was the food that stunk to her. She didn't want to eat now, she wanted to go home and she wanted to be free from her shield. Either way she was quite content with moping as she was now.

After a few minutes, she lifted her head again and spoke, almost as if outloud to herself, "I wonder what they plan to do with us. Surely they can't ransom us. So what did they want us for?" She looked over at the woman named Lillian, half expecting her to know exactly what was going on. Or at least that's what she hoped. When she put two and two together in her head, though, a shiver went down her spine. Whatever it was, it couldn't be very pleasant. "I don't want to be here.." With that she resumed her sobbing until she managed to fall asleep, her portions of food still lying there on the floor next to the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Lillian didn't know what to say when Elyna posed her questions. So, she said what most people do when trying to console someone. The usual things like "It'll be alright" and "we'll find a way out of this" that are intended to sooth and give someone a bit of hope. Lillian wasn't sure if she was saying them more for Elyna or herself though, they had no idea of where they were and she didn't even see her kidnapper. Or was it kidnappers? She didn't even know. One moment she had been cutting through an alley in a shortcut to one of the markets and now she was here.

She wasn't sure how long it was until Elyna's sobs began to subside, but soon there was only steady breathing from the other Accepted. Lowering her gently onto the ground, Lillian stood and made her way to the food. It was basic, bread and water with some gruel. At least, she thought it was gruel. Picking it up, she lifted it away from the door. If they came to collect the tray, they would need to ask for it, maybe there was a hint to be gained that way. Anything that could be used she would take.

Sitting the tray next to the wall opposite them, Lillian began running her hands along the walls. Brick and mortar, as she searched she couldn't even find a single crack that could be worried at. It was almost as if the entire thing was just one block of stone. Moving to the door, Lillian looked over the doorframe. She could feel where hinges used to be, but they were no longer there. The door would have to open outward then, done so they couldn't do anything to the hinges. The room hadn't always been a cell then, it had been used for something else. Where they in a cellar? It was impossible to know for no sounds reached her even as she pressed her ear against the door.

Then a noise did come to her, on that repeated itself as it drew closer. Quickly moving over to Elyna, Lillian shook her awake and told her that someone was coming which quickly brought the girl to wakefulness. Getting to their feet as they made their way to the back of the cell, the steps were clearly audible now. Stopping, what sounded like a bar on the other side was lifted away and the door was opened to reveal a dark silhouette of a tall man that only the most basic details could be gleaned from.

As the man stepped inside, Lillian felt as if something had a fist around her heart, making each beat harder to take but she struggled to keep her eyes on the man as he stepped forward. A mistake as a bright light erupted from thin air above the man's head, causing her to wince as she looked away. Dreadlord, Light preserve us. Even as they tried to recover their eyesight, he spoke with a deep timber that betrayed malicious amusement.

"I don't need to know you, you only need to know me. I am Talin Losev, and from this moment you are mine. As my possessions you shall learn to do as I say when I say. Won't you now?"

Shying away as she felt the man's hand on her cheek, Lillian's act was rewarded with a rich laugh by the man, Talin. "You are here because you are to swear an oath. You shall swear to the Great Lord of the Dark my pretties for if you do not you shall never leave this place and you shall be subject to my whims. That is your only means of escape. But let us skip your protests of how you would never do such a thing. Come."

Unseen strands of air weaving through her hair, Lillian shouted as she felt herself pulled forward mercilessly, towards the doorway she could half see beneath the hand she shielded eyes from the light with. Where were they going?

Lillian Tremina

Accepted of the White Tower

OOC: Sorry I've taken so long, between Laurel and Laman and other stuff its been a struggle to write Lillian. Should be fine now though, take us to the mine and put us to work :)