DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

National Inane Answering Machine Day!

U4ea

January 30th is National Inane Answering Machine Day! 

Many people look at the title of this day and think ....huh!!? Some people think its a typo, and the day should read "National Insane Answering Message Day". However, it actually and truly is "National Inane Answering Message Day".

First lets clarify the meaning of an "inane" answering message. We all get them on our answering machines. An inane message is a senseless or meaningless message, or a prank call. Or, it could be an insane message.

So, National Inane Answering Message Day is a day to end those numerous, annoying inane answering machine messages. Trouble is.......how do you do that? In todays, world, caller Id is a great tool to accomplish this goal.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/January/inanemessage.htm 

In honor of that auspicious occasion, I thought we could have some fun dreaming up funny answering machine messages.

I'll start: 

You know what I hate about answering machine messages? They go on and on, wasting your time. I mean, all they really need to say is, "We aren't in, leave a message." That's why I've decided to keep mine simple and short. I pledge to you, my caller, that you will never have to suffer through another long answering machine message when you call me.

HAHAHA

Archived