DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] BSG Season 3.5 Discussion

Emperor

Guest Emperor

The board reads 41,401 and season 3.5 begins.

Xena Cylon goes against the collective. Could a Cylon civil war be around the corner? As the shows progress, the skin jobs show more human characteristics. I mean half of them are in some type of love with a human.

Oh snap, Helo just popped Athena. Bah, is this the one they were hyping to die in the promo. I was hoping it was going to be Anders.

Anyway, I am going back to the show and will post more comments later.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emperor

Caprica Six is making a habit of killing her fellow Cylons.

What do you guys think of the new time? To be honest, it is a little past my bedtime for a weeknight. I know, weak... but I get to work early in the morning... and I am old... I like to be in bed by 8pm. Well not that bad. *g*

Guest Emperor

Ok...

Athena is back with her baby... but brings Caprica back with her. Will Caprica defect like Athena did?

And what will they do with Baltar?

Xena's model is being boxed.... I guess we are done with Lucy Lawless. But the final five she saw... she knew the face and apologized for not knowing. I definetly do not think it was Baltar. I am trying to think who else she had contact with.

Poor, poor Xenabot. She just wanted love. But yeah, Lucy Lawless was hella expensive and they had to write her out. I want to know who she saw, goddamitt!!!

Athena committed her own act of pyschotic bad assery tonight. I'm worried about Caprica though. She looked genuily terrified of the Colonials.

Five bucks says Roslin's amnesty doesn't apply to Baltar. I bet they line up to spit on him.

Starbuck is SO a Cylon.

Guest Segurant

I don't think so. I think they will keep Baltar to help pin point the location of Earth. Otherwise they have to rely on Gaida.

I really really really really really don't want Starbuck to be a Cylon, therefore I don't think she is one. :P

And Gaius is too obvious a pick. It'd be kuhRAYzee if an Adama was one though.

Guest Emperor

It is going to be someone from the secondary cast. Anders is the logical choice, except he led 2 resistance movements against the cylons. But Xenabot did say "Oh I didn't know it was you" which would make sense for apologizing since she almost killed him in the garage.

I am trying to think who else Xena had direct contact with.

It is not Starbuck. Why do you think she is the Cylon?

Guest Emperor

Uh oh, I just read this.

According to a recent interview with producer David Weddle, fans may be shocked and angry at some of the upcoming plot of Battlestar Galactica.

"In the second half of this season, you can expect many stunning surprises and revelations," said Weddle. "We will experience the devastating loss of a much loved character who is central to 'Galactica,' and it will shake the crew to the core."

"I imagine many fans will be outraged and screaming for our heads," continued Weddle. "But others may take comfort in the fact that every time we upset the chessboard and scatter the pieces, it opens the door to many new provocative and exciting stories in the season to come."

Weddle also talks about the possible renewal of the show and how it depends on the ratings over the next two months.

Guest Emperor

Oooh Tigh did lose an eye, that would be worth apologizing for if I were Xena. He also ordered countless suicide bombings for the rebellion. The Cylons would just redownload, but the humans were dead. He has also messed up sooo many times, like when Adama was shot, he divided the fleet.

It is not Roslin. I have trouble thinking it is Adama, either one. If it is Bill, I think that would make people go ballistic. Plus he could have let the cylons win at any moment. Zarik maybe?

Guest Emperor

Baltar is the obvious choice and in a promo we see him coming up from the vat.... which makes me think it was a dream and the promo is misleading us. Baltar is much better as a flawed human, and I hope one day commander of the Cylon fleet, like in the olden series.

I meant that Roslin or Adama could die.

I think it would be way interesting if Tigh were a cylon (though, granted, he makes a good flawed human character as well). It woudl be an especially good twist because of how Ellen was a cylon suspect early on. "Good" characters can be cylon, after all, we found out about Boomer just after she destroyed a cylon base ship, it's entirely possible and probable that the cylon is a really core character.

Guest Segurant

Well with Ron Moore, nothing is set in stone until it airs. We'll have to wait and see for sure.

I wonder if the seer on New Caprica, played by Amanda Plummer, could be the one she saw?

Guest Emperor

I thought that too, but really, how shocking is that. I wouldn't really care if she were a cylon. She could be one of the final five though, but I doubt she is the one that is in the promos.

Yeah, I think it has to be someone among the core of it all.

What about the chief? I mean, he was part of the resistance but somehow managed to not wind up captured.

Guest Emperor

It's not starbuck, not after that sequence with the kid. And the sequence with her losing her innards.

I could see the Chief, it has been eluded to in past episodes... but then his kid would be another one of those hybrids and they wouldn't make such a big deal about Hera.

Dee makes sense... I mean they do not have kids yet and they are not truly in love. Dee is in love with Bill Adama as a man, which translates to Lee. Lee loves Starbuck.

I think Billy would be good. Bring him back as a Cylon.

Or Kat maybe... ehhhhh.....

I know what the controversy is alluding to and it's a very big, very interesting, very brave step for the show to take. Expect fireworks about five or six episodes down the line.

The actress playing Kat dropped some hints she may be a Cylon because she's coming back later in the series. However, this startling, spoilerish revelation was subsequently defused by the fact that she's appearing in the direct-to-DVD movie that they're making between Seasons 3 and 4 and is set a lot earlier in the series' timeframe (i.e., before she died).

There are many sites out there designed to filter through the rumours or who have paid 'spoilerguys' on set to let them know what's happening. Sometimes these spoilerguys are double agents and the producers deliberately feed false information ('foilers') through them to the fans to increase the shock of what happens in the episode. This was very successful for Exodus, Part 2, for example, when it was 'spoiled' that Gaeta and Jammer would die and freighters from the rag-tag fleet would be used as flying bombs to destroy the basestars rather than the Pegasus (although someone pointed out this plan actually made a hell of a lot more sense than the one they used in the end!). The producers then said that Jammer's role in the NCP would be a multi-episode arc that would haunt him, and of course instead he dies in the teaser for the very next episode, which people weren't expecting.

In this particular instance, the full cast lists for the final few episodes were released with certain names missing (including Lucy Lawless, so it was known she wasn't going to be around for the long haul), plus the actor/actress involved let slip a few things, and then the producers attempted damage-control in another interview, but because they didn't want to lie to the interviewer, they were very non-committal about certain issues. So it's straightforward, using the power of the Internet, Google and various Galactica fansites, to find out what's going on out there. However, the details are missing. You have to watch the episode to find out the context of what exactly is happening.

Guest Segurant

I'm thinking it could be Anders. He is one who had lots of interaction with Three. They had that moment in the garage in Old Caprica and possibly times on New Caprica.

no kidding!!!!!

Plus, why couldn't Starbuck be a cylon? I mean, she had paintings of the eye in her apartment on Caprica. Also, I feel like they overdid the Balthar near death experience thing. Teases!!!!!!

ARGH!! ALSO!!! why is it that JUST when I catch up I now have to wait TWO weeks for the next new episode?? WTF!! HYPER!!! and ANGRY!!!! (bad combo).

Archived