DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Meetings, new roomies. [Attn: Sandry]

Opal

Opal sighed, it was almost lunch time. She was alone in her room for three, she had never gotten the promised roommates, and that suited her fine. She was so tired, up before the sun, chores until lunch classes until dark then supper and studying. She was thinking she might have lost some weight in the past week or two, she certainly was much more active than at home. Opal pulled at the sides of her white dress while sucking in her stomach, trying to se if there was more room in the dress than before. She couldn’t tell, she stood in front of the tiny cracked mirror on the wash stand, and smoothed the dress down over her hips.

Maybe, she thought, it looks a little looser. Maybe, if I stand on the bed I can see better.

She tipped the mirror back a bit and jumped on one of the beds, she used this one as a desk to hold all her books and such. She nudged the books out her path and turned to the mirror again. Twisting slowly to look at her hips, yes I have lost a little weight, she thought. Grinning to herself, happily. She swiveled around to look at her bum, always a problem area. Well, one good thing about being here, she thought peering into the mirror over her shoulder.

Her narrow little wooden door suddenly swung open, standing there in the doorway was a girl a little younger than Opal perhaps, a finger taller, much slimmer, and another red head. Opal thought in dismay, this place is over run with red heads. The girl gaped up at Opal on the bed. Opal looked back at the girl a moment, then turning slightly pink, jumped off the bed.

“Uh, hello.†She said brilliantly, “Are you my new roommate?â€

Occ: Sorry, I forgot to do this yesterday. :wink:

Guest Sandrilene fa Toren

Ooc: No worries, my life has been a crazy one today and isn't likely to lighten up any time soon.

The day had been an exhausting thing, and Sandry would be lying if she didn't admit to being a little glad that she was finally out from under the watchful eye of Serena Sedai. Trying to look casual with the bundle of white dresses under her arm and her unstrung bow in her hand she stood before the door that she knew must lead into her room and the girl who was supposed to be her roommate. Light, this is not where I pictured myself at all!

Taking a deep breath she pushed open the small door and found herself staring into a small sparse room. The first thing she noticed after her initial assessment was the girl standing on one of the beds, appearing to examine her figure in a small cracked mirror.

Sandry looked the girl over curiously as she jumped down from the bed with an embarrased expression on her face. She guessed that the other girl was about her age, maybe a little older, they seemed to be of about the same height; however where Sandry was thin with a wiry frame this girl seemed to be a bit more filled out. She was by no means fat, just bigger than Sandry's own build. Probably has never even run a mile in her life, let handle a bow,Sandry thought with a bit of irritation. She had always hated the type of girl who was content to let men do all the difficult stuff.

During the time it took Sandry to make her appraisal the other girl seemed to regain her composure, or at least seem to. "Uh, hello." "Are you my new roommate?" Sandry tried to smile her best smile as she shut the door behind her. “Looks that way,†she said with a shrug and what she hoped was a friendly smile.

"Is that bed mine?" She walked over to what she thought was the only empty bed. One had books scattered all across it and the other girl had been standing on it and the other one seemed to have the appearance of having been slept in recently. Setting her bow and the dresses down, she turned her attention to removing her quiver from her belt.

After she had removed the quiver and straightened her jacket she picked up one of the white dresses, grimaced and then set it back down turning to face the other girl again. Sitting down crossed-legged on the bed with a sigh she began to fiddle with a bow string from her pouch.

She spoke while she worked, “Since we are to be roommates we might as well get to know one another. I’m Sandrilene fa Toren, but most people just call me Sandry. I am from a manor outside of Amador in Amadicia.†She glanced at the other girl expecting some kind of reaction; some people knew very little of her home and she was curious about how much this girl knew of anything.

Frowning slightly at a tangle in the bow string she bit back what she had been about to say about her families connection with the Children of the Light, too many people here would likely take offense to that. With another sigh of frustration she glanced up at the other girl, “and, you are?â€

• 2 weeks later...

Opal stared at the new comer, she was carring a bow over one should. What on under the light did she think she was doing with that thing. The girl asked which bed was hers making her way over to the only unused bed and sitting on it. Opal felt very irritated, she had this room all to herself. Why did this girl have to show up. It's not fare, Opal thought.

The girl introduced her self “Since we are to be roommates we might as well get to know one another. I’m Sandrilene fa Toren, but most people just call me Sandry. I am from a manor outside of Amador in Amadicia.â€

Manor? Does that make her some kind of noble? Wonderful, Opal thought noblity are always a pain to deal with. And you are? she heard the girl demand.

"How do you do, I'm Opal Coran. From Ghealdan, Cosamelle. I'm a jewler, or I was I supose."

She watched the girl fiddle with her bow string.

"Wait did you say Amadicia?" She made a face, "Whitcloaks everywhere with their silliness? How did you ever end up here? They see darkfriends under every bush. I would have thought they would have rather killed you than let you come here to these 'Witches'." Opal made little quotaions in the air when she said "witches".

She did think Whitecloaks were silly, living next to Amadicia she had heard plenty of stories about them. Her family always laughed when mentioning them, they were a joke to her.

~Opal

Sandry studied the other girl carefully, she seemed ill at ease with her for some reason that Sandry could not explain, though her eyes did linger a bit on Sandry's bow. However, Sandry quickly stilled her features and was even a little intrigued by the girls mention of work as a jewler, but when the other girl did not volunteer any more information she returned her eyes to her bow string waiting for the other girl to continue if she so pleased.

"Wait did you say Amadicia?" Sandry glanced up from her work just in time to see the grimace that played across Opal's features, and she arched an eyebrow curiously but didn't say anything. "Whitcloaks everywhere with their silliness?" Sandry clinched her jaw and tried to keep her focus on the bow string she was twirling. "How did you ever end up here? They see darkfriends under every bush. At this Sandry started to open her mouth to correct the dim witted idiot before her, but she was forstalled by Opal's continuing remarks. "I would have thought they would have rather killed you than let you come here to these 'Witches'."

At that Sandry sprang nimbly to her feet and glared at the other girl; her hands resting loosely at her side, the perfect picture of collective calm, although their owners eyes were smoldering using every centemeter of her height to make her seem to tower over the other girl. "The Children of the Light are not to be mocked! And how I came to be in the 'Witches' (she mimicked Opal's quotations) White Tower is none of your concern." She spoke with short, clipped coolness that bespoke the underlying fire burning in her eyes.

"Furthermore, for your information, my father and brothers are not 'silly'(again she mimicked Opals quotations) in the slightest, nor am I. And I guarentee you none of us are fools, so it would be good if you learned to show respect for those who seek to spread the Light across the world." Her seathing anger was getting the best of her and she struggled to keep it at bay as she stared at the girl waiting for some response. Then added quickly in a harsh whisper, "You girl, should learn to show some respect for those who fight to keep this land from the shadow and his shadowspawn."

• 2 weeks later...

The girl jummped to her feet. "The Children of the Light are not to be mocked! And how I came to be in the 'Witches' (she mimicked Opal's quotations) White Tower is none of your concern."

Opal bit her lower lip so as not to laugh. That sort of remark is why they are mocked, Opal thought but managed not to say it.

"Furthermore, for your information, my father and brothers are not 'silly'(again she mimicked Opals quotations) in the slightest, nor am I. And I guarentee you none of us are fools, so it would be good if you learned to show respect for those who seek to spread the Light across the world."

Opal let the girl rant, she was quite angry, it seemed. Although, Opal thought, if someone insulted my family I'd be angry too. She squished the thought, the girl should know how the rest of the world sees her people. Now that she was free of them it would be better for her to forget their silliness.

Now she was going on about shadowspawn.

Sighing, she went and sat on her bed. "Are you finished now?" she asked the other girl when she ran out of words. "I can't wait until you say something like that to one of our teachers. They won't look lightly on it. I've been sent to the Misstress of Novices for less. We, you and I are to be Aes Sedia. One day very soon every whitecloak you ever met, and respected," Opal paused, to put more meaning into the word the other girl has used with her moments before. "Will be looking to put an arrow into for simply being. What will you think of your family then? Who will be the darkfriend then? Anyway, most people they accuse of being 'darkfriends' are just people that will not go along with them. That bed is fine you can have the other if you want I've mostly been using it to keep my books for classes on it."

• 2 weeks later...

“Are you finished now?” Sandry fixed the other girl with an icy glare and sat down on her bed again cursing herself as she realized she had knotted the bow string as she had spoken, it would take her forever to work the string taut again. How dare this wretch of a girl think she is so knowledgeable about everything—burn her!

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves and hands Sandry let herself relax into the pattern of her breathing like she would if she were out on the archery range. As she felt the anger begin to seep away she was able to focus on what the other girl was saying. "…wait until you say something like that to one of our teachers. They won't look lightly on it. Sandry arched an eyebrow at the other girl as she tied her auburn locks back from her face, “If I cared about what they might think that might matter.”

The other girl seemed to study her for a moment and then continued. ”We, you and I are to be Aes Sedia. One day very soon every whitecloak you ever met, and respected will be looking to put an arrow into for simply being. What will you think of your family then? Who will be the darkfriend then?” Sandry’s head shot up and her glare intensified with her disgust for this girl. A small part of her thought how easy it would be to teach this girl some manners with a simple yank and twist, but she quickly rejected the idea as childish and beneath her. Still, she fixed the girl with a look that would have warned the Lord Captain Commander to tred warily. The girl, Opal, seemed to not notice and simply continued on with her thought, Anyway, most people they accuse of being 'darkfriends' are just people that will not go along with them. How dare she! What did this girl know about the workings of the Children of the Light? Had she grown up with a father and brothers who were noble, honest and upright in all things? True, sometimes the Questioners got a little carried away, but there was a war raging between the light and dark at this very moment, and whether Opal Coran wanted to admit it or not, the war still raged and there were always casualties in war.

“That bed is fine you can have the other if you want I've mostly been using it to keep my books for classes on it." Now she was being dismissed as a silly idealistic girl; Sandry did not like being dismissed rudely or at all generally, but this girl acted as if she knew more than the little shop she had been raised in! What did she know of the world? Biting back the words she had been about to spew at the other girl she stood and gave her a sharp bow with a mocking grin on her face.

“This bed will be fine, thank you.” She said curtly as she drew her dagger from her belt and an arrow from her quiver then settled back onto bed and began to check the knock of the arrow carefully with the edge of the dagger. She spoke while she worked careful to keep her voice smooth and calm sounding as her blood boiled. “Since you have offered me some ‘helpful’ advice I think I shall do the same. Aes Sedai are a slippery sort, who will just as soon slit your throat than look at you if it serves their ends. All Aes Sedai may not be Darkfriends, anyone can see that not all these women can be so corrupted,” she paused and pointed her dagger and her gaze at the girl to emphasize her point. “there are always those who are corrupted and their corruption will spread unless it is cut of at the head.” Sandry shrugged and went back to her arrow, “All that to say, be careful who you make and enemy and even more careful who you make a friend.”

She rested her back against the wall calmly and focused all her attention on the arrow in her lap, the girl was a fool if she did not tread carefully in this den of vipers. Perhaps not all Aes Sedai were Darkfriends, but they certainly were conniving enough to make one’s life dangerous.

“This bed will be fine, thank you. Since you have offered me some ‘helpful’ advice I think I shall do the same. Aes Sedai are a slippery sort, who will just as soon slit your throat than look at you if it serves their ends. All Aes Sedai may not be Darkfriends, anyone can see that not all these women can be so corrupted,” she paused and pointed her dagger Opal considered using the power to take the dagger away, but she had been in enough trouble, no more for now. “there are always those who are corrupted and their corruption will spread unless it is cut of at the head.All that to say, be careful who you make and enemy and even more careful who you make a friend.”

Opal laughed, "YOU are telling ME about Aes Sedia? Indeed, your vast expreance outside your noble familys cocoon quallifies you to lecture me about this place and these women. Ha, I've been living here. The things I have seen and put up with more are than you can imagine." She stood and smoothed her dress over her hips, "Put those ridiculuos weapons away and put on your whites, the lunch bell will ring any moment. First day or not, being late anywhere here has consequences." She frowned, remembering her last trip to the Misstress of Novices. Perhapes she should warn the girl a bit more forcfuly, but she's not very nice. Opal hid a smile, she'll find out on her own, and soon if she keeps that attitude. Oh well, she was warned not Opals fault if she didn't take her warnings seriously.

The bell for lunch beagin to ring, she shrugged going to the door. She glanced over her shoulder, "Do you need me to show you the dinning room?" It didn't hurt to be courteous, she thought.

~Opal

• 2 weeks later...

"YOU are telling ME about Aes Sedia? Indeed, your vast expreance outside your noble familys cocoon quallifies you to lecture me about this place and these women. Ha, I've been living here. The things I have seen and put up with more are than you can imagine." Sandry nearly dropped the arrow as she leaned her head back and lauged outloud before returning her focus to the arrow in her. "Noble families cocoon? Ha... You should see my father's idea of a day on leave," she mumbled to herself.

"Put those ridiculuos weapons away and put on your whites, the lunch bell will ring any moment. First day or not, being late anywhere here has consequences." Glancing at the folded white cloth laying on the bed next to her and grimaced, "we really have to wear these horrid things all the time?" She looked up at the other girl and arched an eyebrow as she spoke of consequences; now this was intriguing, it sounded as if this was the voice of experience. "Don't worry about me, growing up with brothers and a father who are members of Children of the Light lends one to be able to keep their nose clean," she smiled smuggly. "Or at least you learn to not get caught."

The look Opal gave her told her more than the other girl probably intended. "Still it would probably be smart not to upset anyone on my first day" she said with a smile. Sighing she picked up one of the shifts from her saddle bag and stood pulling her shirt over her head. By the time a bell rang through the Tower assumidly calling them to lunch.

"Do you need me to show you the dinning room?" "What would I do without the company and stimulating conversation?" She said under her breath as she rose from strapping her dagger to her thigh under her skirt smiling at the other girl. "I'm sorry, please forgive me for not being more social. Lead the way," she motioned out the door deciding that it might be better to watch herself around this place and everyone in it.

OOC sorry this is all taking so long, vacation has been kind of busy. I will let you know about the prank as soon as I can.