DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

History of the Seanchan?

FossMaNo1

I think a full history os Seanshan since the breaking would be neat. I haven't seen one anywhere. As for the Trolloc question, I would guess that the Aes Sedai who ruled there before Hawkwings children likely wiped them out with the power. If I remember right from the BWB, Seanchan is only attached to Randland by the polar icecap. Also Ishmael was involved in the developement of the society there so maybe he made sure that the Trollocs didn't return there. Also it has been mentioned that the Aes Sedai brought the creatures from other worlds here to fight Shadowspawn.

We know that the Seanchan Aes Sedai brought the exotic animals in during the first thousand years after the Breaking, and that the Shadowspawn had been destroyed by the time the Trolloc Wars were beginning over here, aside from a few draghkar. Sometime after that, whatever alliance, or organisation, that existed which allowed for the eradication of the Shadowspawn fell apart, and the Seanchan fell to internal fighting that ultimately reached a state of near absolute chaos (the War of the Hundred Years times ten).

The Seanchan don't disbelieve in Shadowspawn, but they do reguard them almost casually, like a Trolloc was similar to a Grolm. They've lost a practical sense of fear in relation to them.

I wrote the following a sort of guesswork idea of what might have occured in Seanchan based loosely on evidence we have from the BWB...

The Age of Legends and the Seanchan

Archived