DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] March's Music Theme - Classical Music

Corki

After a busy February, March is another hectic month for the Band of the Red Hand Social Group. Our main theme for the month is Classical Music. Below is a list of our main activities during the month.

NOMINATE YOUR FAVOURITE PIECES OF CLASSICAL MUSIC

For the beginning of March, I am looking to you to nominate your favourite pieces of classical music. Somewhere between 16 and 32 nominations is what I am looking for, and those nominated will go into the "It's A Knockout" contest which song the Band considers to be DM's favourite piece of classical music.

Nominate Your Piece of Classical Music

IT'S A KNOCKOUT (CLASSICAL MUSIC)

Once we have our nominations, there will be a "It's A Knockout" thread to pick the winner and find out which piece of classical music is DM's favourite.

Songs from the 1980s - It's a Knockout

TUNE OR NO TUNE

As a result, for the following weeks, the world of classical music will feature heavily in "Tune or No Tune".

- Monday 28th February 2011 --> 1812 Overture by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

- Monday 28th February 2011 --> The Great Gates of Kiev by Modest Mussorgsky

- Monday 7th March 2011 --> Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia by Aram Khachaturian

- Monday 7th March 2011 --> Palladio by Escala

- Monday 14th March 2011 -->

- Monday 14th March 2011 -->

- Monday 21st March 2011 -->

- Monday 21st March 2011 -->

- Monday 28th March 2011 -->

- Monday 28th March 2011 -->

If you want to nominate a piece of classical music for "Tune or No Tune", please contact me by PM or email (shen_an_calhar@hotmail.co.uk).

DREAM BAND LINE-UP DISCUSSION

Now that we have completed our Dream Band line-up, it's time to discuss how right or wrong we really were.

The Band's Dream Band - The Official Line Up

ORIGINAL vs. COVER

Since September 2009, this thread has been going strong. Each week, between 2 to 4 songs will be posted for your to vote on. At the moment, it is any songs that I can find as it will be very difficult to link it to our classical music theme. Also, if you want to run the thread for a week, please drop Corki a PM.  

THREAD: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/39136-vote-originals-vs-covers-which-do-you-prefer-current-vote-songs-125-and-126/

Results:

Song 137: Love Is The Drug - Original 6-0 Cover

Song 138: Baby Got Back - Original 3-2 Cover

Song 139: Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Heaven Is A Place On Earth

Song 140: Making Love Out Of Nothing At All - Original 2-4 Cover

Song 141: Can You Stand The Rain - Original 2-3 Cover

Song 142: Love Is All Around - Original 1-5 Cover

Song 143: Wuthering Heights - TBC

Song 144: Physical - TBC

Song 145: Send Me An Angel - TBC

Song 146: Listen to Your Heart - TBC

30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE

Something that Corki saw on Facebook and has brought to the Band's boards at DM. Check the thread out to see what the song challenge for the day is!

30 Day Song Challenge

GENERAL THREADS

Please find a list of other threads running during February 2011:

- Music News from the Band of the Red Hand (March 2011) - A monthly thread with the latest news from the world of music

- Recent Album/Singles/Song Purchases - Tell us what have you bought recently!

- *NEW* What are you listening to? - Keep us up to date with what you are listening to!

- The BotRH's Music Game - Take II - A word association game...with a musical twist!

Archived