DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March Exchange!!!

U4ea

March Exchange  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which exchange would you like to do?

• Craft Things Exchange
    • Seed/Bulb Swap
    • Spring Things

We haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought it might be fun, especially for those newer members who are now looking at me like I'm a wacko, to see how much fun snail mail can be! Here's the skinny on how it works: 1- you sign up and say you're interested in playing along, 2- you're given someone's name (a la secret santa), 3- you put together a package of goodies, 4- you put it in the mail, 5- you get goodies in return! FUN AND STUFF!

So, between now and Friday, I'd like to get a general consensus on which exchange you'd like to start.

Our typical March exchange is a craft exchange celebrating National Craft Month (which is March). There are no restrictions (unless there's a customs issue going overseas) on what you can make! Generally, we love everything!

OR we could get started on one of our traditional April exchanges. They are:

a) Seed/Bulb swap. This one's pretty self explanatory, though there's usually a whole lot of gardening stuff getting added to the bulbs and seeds for the fun of it!

b) Spring things. This one needs a little explanation, so... *takes a deep breath* instead of the cliche (and sometimes girlie) send people things that remind them of Spring, Frenchie came up with the idea a few years ago to send people things that remind them of springs. Yep, those coiled lovelies that bounce and stuff. It's just snarky enough that we have a lot of fun seeing what people think to put in that box! AND the boys don't get grossed out because we're being girlie again. ;) WIN-WIN!

Now, we can do all three in the next few months if you like. OR we can pick one or two and go with that. So, pick your favorite in the poll above, then gimme your thoughts on doing the others, too. It's a lot of exchanging very close together, so I'll let ya'll decide how much snail mail fun we have in a short time.

Oh, and just because we have an exchange going, doesn't obligate you to participate! Even if we have two going, you can choose to do them both, do only one or do neither! Do what you're comfortable with! That's the fun of this! :D

So, spill! Whatcha think?

I like the Craft Thing exchange idea.... Though Spring Things made me giggle and I think it's a really good idea as well.

I don't know that I'd actually be able to participate in this exchange, due to the fact that all my money is spent before I earn it. >.>

But I figured I'd weigh in and help you folks figure it out. Exchanges are so fun! :laugh:

Well, the good news is that we can do both! We can do the craft exchange in March (get it started this week or so) and then start the Spring Thing exchange around the middle of next month, so it's not too close to this one. Sound like a plan?

Archived