DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] February's Music Theme - The 1980s

Corki

Quite a lot is going on in February this year for the Band of the Red Hand Social Group. Our main theme for the month is focusing on the music from the 1980s. And at last, we will finally complete your Dream Band when we wrap up the Keyboardist section.

NOMINATE YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS FROM THE 1980S

For the beginning of February, I am looking to you to nominate your favourite songs from the 1980s. Somewhere between 16 and 32 nominations is what I am looking for, and those nominated will go into the "It's A Knockout" contest which song the Band considers to be DM's favourite song from the 1980s.

Nominate Your Favourite Songs From The 1980s! --> This is now closed

IT'S A KNOCKOUT (1980S ELEMENT)

Once we have our nominations, there will be a "It's A Knockout" thread to pick the winner and find out which song is DM's favourite song from the 1980s.

Songs from the 1980s - It's a Knockout

TUNE OR NO TUNE

As a result, for the following weeks, songs from the 1980s will feature heavily in "Tune or No Tune". Also, there is the winning song, Airplanes by B.o.B. featuring Hayley Williams, from the "It's A Knockout" contest for the Best Single from 2010.

- Monday 31st January 2011 --> Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard

- Monday 31st January 2011 --> Walk This Way by Run-D.M.C.

- Monday 7th February 2011 --> Airplanes by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams

- Monday 7th February 2011 --> Gold by Spandau Ballet

- Monday 14th February 2011 --> Don't Stop Believin' by Journey

- Monday 14th February 2011 --> Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode

- Monday 21st February 2011 --> The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush

- Monday 21st February 2011 --> Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

If you want to nominate a song that you think sums up the 1980s for "Tune or No Tune", please contact me by PM or email (shen_an_calhar@hotmail.co.uk).

NOMINATE YOUR BEST KEYBOARDIST

This has been rumbling on for quite some time now, but I am looking to you to nominate who you think are the best keyboardists as we conclude our search for our Dream Band. Between 8 and 16 nominations is what I am looking for, and those nominated will go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to decide who takes the role of Keyboardist in the Band's Dream Band.

Nominate Your Best Keyboardists for the Band's Dream Band!!! --> This is now closed

IT'S A KNOCKOUT (DREAM BAND ELEMENT)

Once we have our nominations, there will be a "It's A Knockout" thread to pick the winner and who takes the position of Keyboardist in the Band's Dream Band.

Keyboardist for the Band's Band - It's A Knockout

ORIGINAL vs. COVER

Since September 2009, this thread has been going strong. Each week, between 2 to 4 songs will be posted for your to vote on. At the moment, since our main theme is the 1980s, at least one of the songs in each tie will have a link to the 1980s. Also, if you want to run the thread for a week, please drop Corki a PM.  

THREAD: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/39136-vote-originals-vs-covers-which-do-you-prefer-current-vote-songs-125-and-126/

Results:

Song 123: The Boys of Summer - Original 4-2 Cover

Song 124: Take My Breath Away - Original 6-0 Cover

Song 125: Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Original 3-2 Cover

Song 126: I Think We're Alone Now - Original 3-1 Cover

Song 127: Stairway To Heaven - Original 5-1 Cover

Song 128: American Pie - Original 4-2 Cover

Song 129: Heaven - Original 4-3 Cover

Song 130: I Love Rock 'n' Roll - Original 1-6 Cover

Song 131: Call Me - Original 4-2 Cover

Song 132: You Really Got Me - Original 7-0 Cover

Song 133: There She Goes - Original 3-3 Cover

Song 134: Eternal Flame - Original 5-2 Cover

Song 135: You Keep Me Hangin' On - Original 4-2 Cover

Song 136: Missing You - Original 6-0 Cover

GENERAL THREADS

Please find a list of other threads running during February 2011:

- Music News from the Band of the Red Hand (February 2011) - A monthly thread with the latest news from the world of music

- Recent Album/Singles/Song Purchases - Tell us what have you bought recently!

- *NEW* What are you listening to? - Keep us up to date with what you are listening to!

- The BotRH's Music Game - Take II - A word association game...with a musical twist!

Archived