• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Just un random piece of fiction?

yarr, creative writing of more than 800 words, or two pieces of more than 1000, or some other sort of anthology

Yoo know what yoo doing?

you can read what I have so far if yoo want

Yesh please :)

Black and silver clouds filled the sky, forming menacing shapes that leered down at the landscape below. A crack of lightning disturbed the still, windless air, illuminating the hills for a second, forming a rose of light and shadow radiating from a young willow tree which missed its entire right side, which had been sheared off by the lightning strike, the sap along the cut instantly cauterized by the searing heat. An ear-bursting (deafening?) thunderclap moved from the tree, shaking the branches of the surrounding trees and creating a deep tremor that moved through the earth, scaring the small animals that had sought refuge there from the storm.

The still air carried the sound of the thunderclap, miles and miles, over the rolling hills towards a keep from which the stricken willow was an indistinct dot. A single guard patrolled the ramparts, gazing out suspiciously at the picture of rolling hills before him. He had been standing still and counting seconds since the last strike of lightning. “15”, he muttered under his breath, “it’s getting closer”. Grunting, he resettled the heavy coat designed to prevent the wind from stealing his body’s precious heat. It was almost useless now, the air was still and not even a hint of wind passed through the crenellations atop the wall of the keep.

The guard was not a superstitious man, but these clouds could make any sane man afraid. It just was not natural, this still air interspersed with lightning strikes. It should be raining, pouring down with a vengeance, the main roads through the keep should have been turned to rivers, the lower levels of the building should be flooded, but they were not, most of the townspeople would have preferred flooding. As it was many of the townspeople kept themselves locked inside their houses, only venturing out at the greatest necessity, their imaginations gone wild at proposing a cause and consequence to the weather, it was the new bishop or the marriage people had been against, or the vindictive spirits of some unknown enemy, it was going to kill them all in their sleep, no, the keep would be wrought asunder by some biblical curse, no the clouds would strike down the townspeople one by one.

There were so few guards reporting for duty that long stretches of the keep stayed unguarded. If there was an attack on the keep the town would be swept aside, but no leader would be able to march men under these clouds, their morale would have been broken as easily as the townspeople’s, rumours spread faster than orders in an army camp. Only the strongest-willed guards ever arrived for duty these

:sneakyninjawriting:

naw, I don't think they'll mind people having a bit of help from critics, it's something that would be hard to stop

Das ok then :)

*puts away teh balefire*

why was the balefire out in the first place?

Iz fun So I could balefire posteh so it never happened :)

naw, I don't think they'll mind people having a bit of help from critics, it's something that would be hard to stop

*puts away teh balefire*

so you would unleash balefire for me :wub:

*puts away teh balefire*

so you would unleash balefire for me :wub:

:)

:Demandred:

:baalzamon: