• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

So anyway I have this little section of hair that goes right down the middle of the top of my head when I put it in a ponytail, and it doesn't actually go into the band. So after I walk to work, usually in the wind, I have this section of hair just sticking up and wisping around.

And my bangs never do what they're told, plus my hair has a vendetta against being easy to work with.... Like, I had a hair straightener once. Actually, twice. And I stopped using them because even on the highest setting, even with the super heat burst that some of the straighteners I've encountered had, my hair never actually straightened.

Like I can't put my hair half-up because the bottom half is a different breed from the top, and it just kind of sticks out all weird-like. I can't even describe it. Like, some hair hugs the neck and if it's long enough it flips out, right? My hair flips IN. So I have these loop-things of hair just sticking straight out to the sides and back.

So, anyway, my bangs, they're side bangs, and I like them when I have my hair down, but when it's up, they're nightmarish. Because they're too short to put in the ponytail, but long enough to go by my glasses, which means if I somehow got my bangs to dry straight, they'd stick straight out to the side when I put my glasses on.

But my bangs tend to dry outward anyway. Kind of flipped back. Works with my hair down. Looks weird with my hair up. In order for my bangs to work around my glasses, they have to be curving around them, which happens ONCE in a while after I put my bangs up for the night and take the clips out in the morning.

So normally I just clip my bangs back in some way or another. I can't do the poof thing on the top some chicks can pull off; appearance-wise it looks silly and my hair doesn't do it anyway. It really is just a big mess because I'm far too lazy to actually work with it and train it and stuff.

So when I pull my hair back, put my bangs up, and clip the side THINGS that are always sticking out around my ears (some parts of my hair don't grow, I kid you not. I have wispies around my forehead that have been the same length ever since I can remember, without ever getting cut, and the same with the hair right around my ears--it's always long enough to clip back but way too short to even go around to the back of my head), my face looks weird.

I'm not really exaggerating, either. XD Apparently I have an oval face shape with a bit of a square jaw, plus part of my extra weight is displayed in my chin, so honestly my face shape on its own is really kind of strange looking. XD