• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

*uber-frustrated*

I don't know what to do! Every single time I've ever tried to read this textbook, I have such a hard time! My eyes glaze over, I have to reread every sentence 5 times just to understand what it's saying, and I'm only retaining a quarter of what I'm reading! I've tried reading out loud, but that distracts my brain from actually getting meaning from the words. I just don't know what to do. I can't pass this class if I don't read, unfortunately, but I am barely making any progress. It's taking me hours and hours to get through a quarter of a chapter! I can't afford to spend this much time on it! And I'm not having this problem with my Child Psych textbook. I'm so upset. =(

I'm so sick of being a terrible student! I never applied myself before, but why is it that when I do, I come up against something like this where I feel like beating my head against a brick wall would be more productive than trying to read this textbook? It's like, no matter what I do, I'm going to fail a class every semester or something.

I'm sure it doesn't help right now that I'm beyond tired, but...this is so dumb! I was supposed to have today off. I was supposed to be able to take a nap and spend all day doing my schoolwork. I can't see how it's at all possible for me to pass this class, anymore. I'm behind so many chapters, and they take me so long to read! I don't have time to read them all! But I can't move forward without reading them, because I have NO idea what's going on in the later chapters if I don't understand the stuff in the chapters I haven't gotten to.

I don't really know what to suggest. I'm not that good with books that I have to read. All I would try is reading small bits at a time, just more often if there is a lot you have to get done. I hope you get it all sorted anyway :)

And that's not being a terrible student. Everybody has those moments...

*hugs*

I just don't get why this is happening. I've never ever had a problem like this with reading, no matter how dull the subject was, and then I started college at Carl Sandburg and this is the second class I've had this happen in. The first one, I was at least able to make it work without really reading the book, but I can't do that here. UGH. I can't drop the class, though. But I have no idea how to pass it. =(

Thanks, Ayla. =)

I'm going to email my professor and see if she has any suggestions. I hate feeling trapped, so I've kind of been panicking about this class lately, but that doesn't solve any problems... *bigsigh*

I hope I get it figured out, too.

Or, well, frustrated crying does. I think I remember when I had my first real breakup and I stayed in bed crying half the day, small amounts of crying weren't too bad. Naturally crying for a long time would be stressful, but I don't think I got a headache just from crying itself.

Find a little stream or small river and make boats out of aluminum foil then race them! Bet little things for the winner, such as "if my boat wins you have to hold my hand" or "if my boat wins you have to show me your favorite childhood park." It's fun, creative, and competitive. Good ice breaker and fun!