• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

(explaining salutary neglect) So there's a guy named Jimbob, and he really wants a dog. So his parents get him a dog and he promises to take care of it, yada yada yada... But then a few years later, Jimbob gets a girlfriend. He starts focusing entirely on his girlfriend and forgets the dog. Then, after a month or so, the dog decides that it doesn't need Jimbob, so it runs away. Jimbob's girlfriend finally dumps him because he forgets her birthday or something, so he goes to his dog for moral support. But the dog isn't there when Jimbob calls for him! So Jimbob goes and finds his dog and punishes him for running away, but the dog bites him and escapes forever. Jimbob is Britain, the dog is the colonies, and a war with France is the girlfriend. I realize this makes little to no sense right now, but you'll get it by the end of the unit and I love telling that story.

My French teacher last year was seventy and crazy senile. He spent most of the time talking about his service in the Moose Mounties, while we would make houses of cards and he wouldn't notice. Some quotes:

"Well, kick my foot and let it hurt!"

"Are you looking at a pine tree or what?"

My teacher quote isn't that funny by itself but hilarious in the way it happened.

It was the first test, a science test, of the first year of highschool, and everything was deathly quiet. No one was talking and it had been silent for a while, however our room door was open and we were right next to a staff room, whose door was also open. Then breaking the silence came the words from the staff room:

"Nae biscuits!? For god's sake!"

Trying to do my maths and teach my sister how to rearrange equations at the same time.

Fun.

rearrange equations? like bringing x's to one side and everything else to the other side?

Yes. In order to find the gradient and y intercept of a line :)

y = mx +c

Trying to do my maths and teach my sister how to rearrange equations at the same time.

Fun.

rearrange equations? like bringing x's to one side and everything else to the other side?

Yes. In order to find the gradient and y intercept of a line :)

y = mx +c

those were the good days, then x^2 came in and people dropped to maths lit(e)

I remember coming out of my last ever french exam :biggrin:

I hated those exams

really why? I seem to be good at languages, I have a single 45 period lesson a week and I get above the grade average for French, I guess I'm either just that good or French is that easy