DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

RJ asks you to re-write the entire series...

jedislayer

Regarding darkfriend ta'veren...

It would be possible for a Darkfriend or Forsaken to be made ta’veren, but it seems unlikely. Ta’veren are part of the Wheel’s self-correcting mechanism. When the Pattern seems to be drifting too quickly, and especially if it is in the wrong direction, one or more ta’veren are created. I can’t really see how making a Darkfriend or Forsaken ta’veren would help with correcting the drift of the Pattern.

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?m=200510

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps someone who began their Ta'veren "career" as good, but forswore it for Shadow? Moiraine was, after all, somewhat worried at various times about Lanfear pulling Rand under her thrall - which certainly implies that it could happen. Who knows, since being Ta'veren is often described by Robert Jordan as the Pattern shaping itself around an individual, at least for a time. Maybe swearing fealty to the DO would "de-Ta'veren" Rand, or maybe it would just mean that the Pattern's self-correction had failed. Honestly, the latter seems the more likely of the two outcomes to me. The Pattern isn't foolproof, obviously, or it would need to "self-correct" to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with most on the shaido issue. It was important to the overall plot however the substance of Failes POV on her capture was quite unncesscary to me it was quite droll.

There is a few changes I would have made. If Asmo survied until the cleansing he would have switched back Id say as his motives for the shadow where less than rock solid.

I would rather have had one of the 100 companions seal themselves to one of the seals on the prison. Imagine when that seal broke one of the good guys come back to help Rand along. In all of the series the evil is overpowering and it is a bit too farfetched even for a fantasy novel. I will give you a short jest of the overall change here brace yourselves...

Rel Ganis(loved that name in Warcraft) would return with the breaking of one of the seals, and would begin seeking the knowledge of this new world. Also seekiing the Dragon reborn. Only he can truely teach Rand all he needs to know of TAOL and this would really assist him and dimminish the oddity of LTT in Rands head. Especially if LTT knew Ganis from the 100 companions. He would be the steping stone to a new army, a way for Rand to learn to better control the power, as he is not able to do properly. The reason is LTT knows far more and there would be no needless strugle for the TS as it is. This would smoothen some storyline. This new army, I called it the Black Hand (thought fist but thought trollock) This army is made of blademasters, they train together and create a TP fighting force with the aid of MAT, of whom they copy his Ter'Angreal for protection from the source. That and new power rawght blades would be their marking. Eventually this army would prove far more usefull to Rand. Since the Band is more for Mat anyway.

Thats just my minor thoughts. I think ahead and create a new storyline when I read any book, a sort of thinking ahead I guess. This story gave me that unique ability to create a similar storyline in my head. I would like nothing more than for RJ to allow someone to write more of this world, a series for the AOLs, a series of the war of power, a series for the rise and fall of Hawkwing. All these things that would help all of us better understand the world and better fear what the Forsaken are capable of. I know RJ would never allow that but that would be my ultimate change. For him to take an apprentice to carry on this legacy in a new fashion, not to touch the WOT series itself, just to fashion a few new adventures in a different time of life. Alas I ramble, so it ends.

) Don't have the bad guys get reborn. This seemed to easy when compared to the rest of the series. I think that as the Forsaken got clipped, SH could slow become more prevalent. I may be biased because I love SH as a bad guy! I also think that the TP is not as interesting as the OP.(unquote)

I would have to disagree with this one. I mean, come on, Moridin is a good villain. If it werent for Moridin, Rand would have probably died at Shadar Logoth, and he wouldnt be linked to Moridin as he is now (which has yet to play its major part, i think). And, I found when Dashiva/Osan'gar was with Rand, and the growing of the Black Tower, to be one of my favourite parts of the series.

Archived