DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you were suddenly dumped into the story

Finally, time to tell what I would do. :D This is just post tGS btw.

So I'm at home reading tGS when all of a sudden, a gateway opens in the middle of the room. I freak out of course, but then I hear a voice. "GO, HELP THE DRAGON REBORN." Who's gonna argue with a voice like that?

I step through the gateway, and as soon as I'm through, I'm dressed in the clothes of Randland, with a sword on my hip just outside of Tear. Oddly, I know how to channel and use the sword as if I had been doing both for years. I waste no time and finding Rand, and I'm able to meet him by having the Aiel tell him that I know of his trek through the night with a fevered Tam, and of the merchant woman he "met" on his way to Tear for the first time.

Of course, Rand is a little suspicious, even after his epiphany on DM, so I tell him that his story is told where I'm from, that's it's not finished yet, and what he did at the end of tGS. I tell him that I think the Creator brought me here to help and that I can channel and use the sword. Min has her viewings and confirms all of it.

The first thing I'd tell him is that there are things I know that are only for the persons ears that concern them. I'd fill him in on his link with Moridin, give him the dirty on Taim and the BT, and about the WT being whole again. I'd ask him if it was ok if I went and talked to Mat, Perrin, and Egwene because they need vital info and straightening out lol. I'd suggest that after I return he let me take Logain, (who could be in charge so he wouldn't whine), and some AS to take care of Taim. As I'm still not sure that Taim isn't Moridin, the goal would be to capture him, not kill him. Then I'd get permission to raid the storeroom below the Stone and find a couple angreal for Rand and me ;)

After that, I'd head straight away to Perrin, since he seems about ready to have a breakdown. I'd tell him that I know about the wolves and the wolfdream, and that I could find somebody to help him, but not who until after I'd talked to them. (Egwene)

Then off to Mat. After teasing him about being married (lol), I'd have him get his butt to Rand and tell him about his marriage to Fortuona so they could work out a plan of forming some kind of alliance with the Seanchan. I'd also make sure he didn't tell Rand anything about Moiraine, no sense getting his hopes up since I don't know how that part ends. :P And I'd tell him how to cheat in the ToG.

Now the hard part. I'd Travel to TV, go to the WT, and request an audience with Egwene. I'd say I come from the DR and suggest that they shield me so they'll relax and actually listen. I'd be respectful, calling her Mother and whatnot. When in Rome, right? I'd ask her to weave a ward against eavesdropping around us and bind me with air so I could talk to her one on one with the 13 other AS shielding me. I'd even offer to take a vow against lying on the OR if she promised to release me from it after I was done. I'd fill her in on what was really going on in the world, and ask her to teach Perrin about TAR. Then I'd tell her all about the BT and ask her to have a lot of AS help Logain and I take it. Huge circles to suppress any resistance from every side ;)

After that, back to Rand, pick up Logain, go take back the BT, capture Taim, leave Logain in charge of the BT, and back to Rand again. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'd get permission from the others to tell Rand their "secrets" so I could fill him in completely.

There was much more detail in my head, but I think way faster than I can type lol. I hope no one thinks I'm crazy, it's just my job involves long periods of doing absolutely nothing and I have to pass the time somehow. :P

This is awesome... very good plan.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived