DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How to lobby for the TOM prologue to be free

ka243

The money for pre-orders goes into the pockets of the booksellers Tor does not see any money until the books are delivered.

I'm sorry, are you saying that Tor doesn't receive money from booksellers for the rights to sell the prologue (or the ebooks, or the audiotapes, for that matter)? I'm not really sure how that works, but that doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I see what you meant now. Stupid me.

I am in the camp that paying for it is not a big deal whatsoever.  It's already been said, but they are taking nothing away from a consumer by make the prologue/first chapters available.  Therefore, not a problem to pay a few bucks for it - don't buy a cup of coffee that week and we'll all be fine.

I'm sorry, are you saying that Tor doesn't receive money from booksellers for the rights to sell the prologue (or the ebooks, or the audiotapes, for that matter)? I'm not really sure how that works, but that doesn't sound right.

When you buy the Pologue you pay the $2.99 to McMillan (Tors parent company). When you pre-order the book you pay the bookseller immeditely whether it be Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble or your locally owned bookstore) the bookseller does not pay Tor until the books are delivered.

Archived