DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Relevance of the Wolves at the Last Battle

Sentinel78

Have we ever seen in the books that Perrin feels the UE? I know i have seen lots of quotes from the girls but cant think of them for Perrin.  If he doesnt ever mention feeling them, then it makes sense that the wolves are the UE because he can sense them anyway. The eyes wouldn't stand out to him because he knows what they are.

That's actually pretty logical.  I don't know the answer to that.  Most of Perrin's TAR-experience was in Book 4.  I cannot remember if Perrin ever felt the UE, I'd have to double-check Luckers' compilation. 

That doesn't explain the feeling of eyes watching in Shadar Logoth or the bubbles of evil though, although those two do not necessarily have to be related to the unseen watchers in Tel'aran'rhiod.  For that matter, though, I was looking at some random mentions of the word "Unseen" on Ideal Seek, and Tel'aran'rhiod IS called the Unseen World, so it's entirely possible that there are all sorts of things that could be watching that people are oblivious to.  It might be the wolves AND other stuff watching... like the Heroes of the Horn.  After all, Birgitte appeared to talk to Perrin, and Perrin saw Gaidal Cain's shadow, but couldn't see the man himself.  Birgitte saw Gaidal Cain, though.  Hopper didn't see either Gaidal Cain OR Birgitte.

Maybe there are all sorts of things unseen, like everyone who is dreaming, but not really dreaming strongly enough to actually be visible within the dream world... maybe we're reading too much into the Unseen Eyes thing...

Archived