DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Artist of the Month- ACDC

Hello all, June is Cav’s Artist of the Month, Month.  That said I am placing ACDC into this bracket, if memory serves ACDC has been here before but that’s only because they are super awesome fantastic!  I tried digging back to see what others have been doing here and didn’t see a set example so I thought I would just open the conversation by asking people to list their favorite song/album and why they love it.

Personally I love them all, my favorite song is a hard call but I will say Thunderstruck for today. 

“Contrary to popular belief, Young does not play Thunderstruck's main riff with one hand. Instead, he picks every single note. Additionally in all AC/DC live videos, Angus can clearly be viewed picking every note. The one-handed tapping technique can only be seen in the "Thunderstruck" music video.”

Fun fact for you.

So for those about to rock!

WE SALUTE YOU

yeah i did rock ;D i went with my sis. we were lucky to get tickets they sold out in a couple of hours but my sis managed to get through lol i didn't get pics but i have soem video from my ipod if i can figure out how to upload it iwill post a link tho it isn't very good quality

omg I love ac/dc about ten years ago I works at Riddell fixing football equipment and we had a guy who was a fanatic and he played all there songs every day in the hothouse!! absolutely loved it!!!!!

I would love to go to one of there concerts. Are they still touring and when do they come back to the states?

hey Mottlee*hugs wolfsister*

Yea i love movie soundtracks

and iron man was a good movie, loved how they had captain americas shield in it and thors hammer, can't wait for the avengers movie to come out, the american super hero one not the british supper slouths>

has thunda zone in my head.

Hey Canis*hugs* missed you bro, hows the girlfriend?

She's the best! but thats because she's with me or visa versa.  :P

I Haven't seen the movie yet..... So Spoliers rock... Just messen I had already heard about all that.  We are hopeing to have some time to see the movie soon.

Thunda Zone... well hells bells, that shook me all night long.  ;)

lol that or her?lol

glad to hear it, going to have to meet this girl btw, when you going to bring her online? Don't worry we'll be nice , besides if shes with you then we know shes tough enough to keep yuo in line.

hmmm I have an ac/dc tap from like 25 years ago, wonder where i put it, might have to buy a radio with a tape deck still in it, guess its time to upgrade to cd's

and you definately have to see it, but I wonder how many super heros they will eventually put in these movie crossovers, sheild has been in spiderman, fantastic four, x-man hell wolverines supposed to be an old time avernger.

It's like one of my fav shows is smallville and with the justic leage in its infantsey i wonder when they are going to bring batman and wonder woman into it.

and when the hell is the wonder woman movie coming out!!!that is one they defianately need to make before they do the justicleage movie.

ok rambled a bit there...

ok I'll shut up now

tapes mouth shut..

You 'never really got into listening to ACDC'?

I can see how it is very rock heavy, but there is an Album (I can’t remember quickly by whom) but they covered ACDC hits in all strings.  I have a copy on a burned CD but I have long lost the Original.   

you know AC/DC is one of those bands where you think you don't know many of there songs where in fact you probably have heard of 99% of them.

I disagree.  AC/DC is very eclectic and there are only around 10 songs that are widely recognized.  The rest are brilliant, but never overtly recognized by the mainstream public.

Bon Scott was actually a really good songwriter.  A singer/songwriter named Mark Kozelek created a cd of Bon Scott era AC/DC covers.  He breaks them down, rearranges them melodically and vocally, strips them bare, and reconstructs them until they're totally different than the original in all but the lyrics.  It's amazing how by doing this, he creates an intimate cd experience that really wowed me with how good it was.  I was really impressed when listening to the vocals; they're surprisingly good and deep for such a pioneer of metal and rock.

You 'never really got into listening to ACDC'?

I can see how it is very rock heavy, but there is an Album (I can’t remember quickly by whom) but they covered ACDC hits in all strings.  I have a copy on a burned CD but I have long lost the Original.     

Errr Canis, what makes it more bizarre is I am a metal head!

I don't think I wouls classify ACDC as Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and mabey Metal back in the day but Metal has changed so much in the last decade that I wouldn't put them there now.  

You should still really get aquanted with them.

ORG points for June done to here.

~Jea

Archived