DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could cast the WoT movie...

UltramegaOK

Okay, so this is kind of an old question, but since I can't get the search function to work right now, I just thought I'd revisit.  Feel free to add any characters you think you could cast, and the actor you'd select to portray them in the movie if you had an unlimited budget and every actor on the planet chomping at the bit to be in the movie.

Rand - This is always tough, because so few young actors are six-foot-five.  Sure, some actors could be made to be 6'5" with camera tricks, but they still have to look young enough to portray someone who is only about 18 when the series opens.  That seriously limits the choices.  Hair can be dyed, so they need not be an actual red-head.  I'd really like to strangle Robert Pattinson, but he's got to be a candidated.  Maybe Casey Affleck?  This one's freakin' tough.

Demandred - Timothy Olyphant, from "Deadwood"

Bayle Domon - Avery Brooks?

Graendal - Scarlett Johanssen.  No question.

Ishamael - Clancy Brown.  A favorite actor of mine.  He can totally carry this part. Watch "Carnivale."

Morgase - Meg Ryan maybe?

Davram Bashere - Robert DeNiro

Asmodean - I always like Mandy Patinkin for this part.  Watch "Dead Like Me"

Lanfear - Kate Beckinsdale

Moiraine - Another tough one.  Maybe Jodie Foster, if she were younger.

I'm at work, so that's all I have time for now.  But please, add more, or offer alternatives to my picks.  I'd REALLY like to leave room for Clancy Brown in there somewhere, though, so if you don't see him as Ishy, try to find another part for him.

Archived