DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mission Impossible 4

Krakalakachkn

For those of us who didn't enjoy the 3rd movie, good news is on the way.  And by good news, I mean bad news.  Mission Impossible 4 is pretty much a guarantee now.

J.J. Abrams will produce but NOT direct the upcoming fourth "Mission Impossible" according to a press release from Paramount Pictures.

The announcement confirms that Tom Cruise will return as star and producer on M:I-4 which will target a Memorial Day 2011 release. Bad Robot Productions and Skydance Productions will co-finance and produce.

Cruise and Abrams are currently in the process of selecting a director. Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec, who served as showrunners on the final few seasons of Abrams' "Alias" and the short-lived American "Life on Mars" remake, are attached to pen the script.

• 7 months later...

Some acting news

Léa Seydoux ("Robin Hood") and Anil Kapoor ("Slumdog Millionaire") have both been cast as villains in the upcoming fourth "Mission: Impossible" feature for Paramount Pictures says Reuters

As previously reported, Michael Nyqvist ("The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo") is set to play the lead male villain. Seydoux will play the main female villain while Kapoor will play one of their right-hand men.

Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner, Josh Holloway, Paula Patton and Vladimir Mashkov also star. Brad Bird directs from a script by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec, with J.J. Abrams producing.

Filming is currently underway in Europe

• 3 weeks later...

MI:4 gets a title. hooray!

The fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie has finally scored an official title: "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol".

According to Gulf News, the title was revealed at a press conference in Dubai where some filming has just gotten underway there on the upcoming sequel.

Asked about the title, Tom Cruise says "one of the things I always wanted for the franchise was for it not to have a number afterwards. I've never done sequels to films and I never thought of these films as sequels."

Scenes are also expected to be shot in the 828m high Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower. Other shooting on the project takes place in Moscow, Prague and Vancouver.

Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames, Jeremy Renner, Josh Holloway, Paula Patton, Simon Pegg, Vladimir Mashkov and Michael Nyqvist all star in the Brad Bird-directed feature which is scheduled for release next December.

Archived