DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gleeman Arrives! (OPEN TO ALL)

OOC: I'm going to start my character off simply performing in an Inn and I think I'll use some warders and/or Sedai who show up as a reason to go onto the Tower to perform.

IC:

Davin Dagonet strolled calmly but purposefully through the afternoon streets of Tar Valon, idly twirling his staff here and there about his fingers. There were people everywhere, clogging the streets as they went about their business. Some things never change. He thought to himself as he moved amongst them. Seeking out his target. A target he didn't know of but knew he would know when he saw it. He sought a specific type of Inn. It needed to have a significantly large common room to support enough people but it couldn't already be too populated. An innkeeper whose being brought a significant amount of custom when they have very little to begin with will pay far more handsomely then one who's used to always having patrons there.

He weaved amongst the people searching for his perfect Inn. Ducking into several buildings here and there to determine if it matched his requirements. Some were simply not large enough to support enough people to support him. Others were large but vastly popular so he knew wouldn't be as profitable to him. He had to also take the buildings external appearance to heart as well. A ramshackle building that looks to have been defecated on by the Dark one himself will not draw patrons even if the interior does match his needs. He passed several of those...

Finally he came across an Inn titled "The Merry Travelers Way". The outside could have done with a spot of paint here or there but it was still a fairly welcoming sight. A two story building with a slight overhang of the roof above the entrance. Perfect. He thought.

Stepping inside he quickly glanced about and evaluated his options. The common room was large. Plenty large enough to grant him the necessary space for his acts. it looked to be a once Grande Inn that was now falling behind others on some hard times. There were a few patrons sitting around drinking away the day but not enough to support an inn of this size. One man clearly drunk out of his mind stumbled around the room aimlessly glaring at different people and tried to pick a fight with one man who returned his gaze. Before anyone could get hurt though a slightly plump woman who was just beginning to go gray in her hair came up and grabbed the drunken man by the ear and dragged him off to the side. She started quietly berating him for his behavior and the more she went on the more he shrunk back and seemed to regret his behavior. Davin smiled. She was a woman who commanded respect merely by her presence no matter how diminutive it was. The drunken man towered over her small stature but by the time she was done she was looking down on him. It truly was an amusing sight though he held his face steady so as not to offend. She must be Cairhienin. Finally, finished scolding him he made his way uneasily upstairs. Now her gaze settled on him. It wasn’t a happy one.

“I’m sorry master Gleeman but I’m afraid we will not be requiring your services this evening.†A strong woman indeed, straight to the point without dallying on any unnecessary matters of fact. She also was quite prideful and obviously would not admit that her Inn was coming under hard times. He wondered if she was a player of the great game. It was always fun in dealing with a sharp mind.

“On the contrary Madame. I believe I am just what your Inn will be requiring tonight. But I am a fair man and of course will not set my own price but leave it up to you to determine a fair price come the end of the night. All I ask is that it include a bed. Do we have an accord?†he gave her his best smile at that point in hopes of giving an even warmer appearance. She frowned for a few seconds but then seemed to resign and nodded.

“We shall see what you can do Master Gleeman.†Now he smiled whole heartedly.

“Please Madame, call me Davin. If you would be so kind as to hold these?†He left her with his personal effects and with a grand flourish of his cloak, quickly swept out the door. Once outside he took in the Inn again, specifically the overhang over the entranceway. Now he studied the support beams holding it up and judged its security. It looked quite solid. Satisfied with hat he saw he backed up a bit to get a running start. Dashing towards the building he planted his staff in front of him and vaulted up towards the wall. Upon impact he immediately leapt off but angling himself slightly so as to reach the overhang which he landed on smoothly.

It was evening now and the sun was setting but it was the busiest time as now the rush to get home from whatever jobs occupied them all day left the streets even more crowded with people. Just what he had been waiting for… He had already attracted a fair amount of attention with his stunt to get up onto the overhang which was causing holdups from people who had stopped to look. Even better. It was now time to get everyone else’s attention.

“Good evening fair ladies and kind gentlemen. I beseech you all to draw your attention this way. Yes.†It would take more then words though to get their full attention. So out came magnificent multi-colored balls, which began to fly through the air in simple loops. “I invite you all to join me tonight for a grand celebration in which you will witness events that will mystify and astound your mind. Dazzle you senses and vivify the rest.†Some of those words would be lost on people but it was the important sound they created that drew attention even more. The balls began moving in even more intricate loops. “A show which you will remember through-out the rest of your days. With grand stories of all ages and types that will have you laughing in joy, and clutching a friend out of fear. With spectacles that will take you breath away.“ at this point he took the balls away one at a time, but every time one disappeared a knife would take its place until it was entirely knives flying through the air in those intricate patterns. Now he had them. “You will be enthralled by the sweet sound of music which will take your feet through dances you never knew you knew. You will tell your children stories of this night and even their children as well. A show fit for kings and queens. But performed for you.†He let that hang in the air for a few moments. He let how he was elevating them sink in. “Join me tonight friends and enjoy the grand show of Master Gleeman, Davin Dagonet, first hand for yourselves.†With that he leapt down in a flurry of flips and turns letting his cloak flare out as he descended. He knew that word would spread quickly and had made sure his name was part of it. There were some people who would want to know he was in Tar Valon and others who would be greatly displeased to learn it. Either way the game had begun.

As he landed he quickly dashed inside and made his way to the back of the common area. He moved some tables around here and there to open up a space for himself but still keeping the tables free enough to allow people to sit. He smiled as he saw a small raised platform leaning up against the wall in a corner. Precisely what he was looking for. Quickly he lowered the platform and set it up, grabbing a chair to place on top of it. Now he was set up. He quickly retrieved his effects from the Innkeeper whom he just realized he was not yet properly acquainted with.

“If you please Madame would you graciously grant me the courtesy of knowing for whom I work tonight?†She took a moment to respond as she seemed somewhat confused as to what he was doing with her Inn and somewhat disbelieving that it was to be of any effect.

“Trelly, Master Dagonet. Kathryn Trelly.†With a grand bow Davin planted a kiss atop her hand.

“And it is my greatest honor to make your acquaintance Madame Trelly. Now if you’ll excuse me I must be getting to work.†It was at that point that people began coming through the door and looking for seats. It was time to begin.

He quickly made his way to the seat at the head of everyone and retrieved his lute. He would begin with some music for the benefit of the arriving guests until he was satisfied with the numbers to truly begin the show. He picked a lively song to begin with so as to keep everyone in a bright mood as they were finding seats.