DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Recent IPO's

Krakalakachkn

Max Steel

Announced: December 14, 2009

Development: In Development

Release Date: Not Announced

Summary:  Taylor Lautner headlines this movie adaptation of Mattel's toy line.  A 19-year-old extreme-sports athlete has been accidentally exposed to the unleashed power of nanotechological machines, which became part of him and gave him increased strength, near-invulnerability and the ability to change his appearance. The young man now fights the enemies of peace as a super-powered secret agent. 

Bottom-Line:  This is basically a vehicle for Taylor Lautner reflecting his recent success as heartthrob Jacob Black in the Twilight series.  Lautner is likely the only reason this movie will make money.  This seems like just another toyline adaptation following in the footsteps of Transformers and G.I. Joe, except the popularity of Max Steel was nowhere near the level of Transformers or G.I. Joe.

True Legend

Announced: December 17th, 2009

Development: Wrap

Release Date: February 11, 2010

Headline Cast: Michelle Yeoh, Jay Chou

Summary: Su Qi-Er (Man Cheuk Chiu), a wealthy man living during the Qing Dynasty, loses his fortune and reputation because of a conspiracy against him. He is forced out onto the streets. Su dedicates his life to martial arts and rises again as a patriotic hero known as the “King of Beggars.”

Bottom-Line: True Legend is directed by Chinese filmmaker Yuen Woo-Ping, the fight choreographer on all three Matrix movies and Kill Bill, so I have very high hopes that the choreography will be unbelievable.

Archived