DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello - Audio Book Junkie Here

rygar

Hey Everyone

Been a recent WOT fan(atic) - few years I would say, and while I have listened to the series three times I have never actually read one sentence in the book.  Incredible, something I will have to remedy.

The audio books are incredible of course, looking forward (with only some apprehension) to the audio version of book 12.

Hi Rygar, you're very welcome to DM!

What makes the WoT audiobooks so incredible? I've only listened to a couple of audiobooks ever, but they were non-fiction, pop-sciency stuff.  I'm really curious to hear!

I hope you have a good wander around the boards here and find a place that feels like home :D

Michael Kramer.  He reads as if he loves the books themselves and truly gets into the characters with nuances in his voices.  When from a female point of view we get Kate Reading who is great too.  Nothing like a Nyneve snippet from the voice of a woman :)

The intro to EOW had me hooked immediately.

Also, Rand "talking" to Lews Therin in their crazier moments is perfect.  LT comes across as insane of course, but the intensity/panic/maniacal one track mind in his voice is wonderful.

Find a way to listen to the intro of EOW and if you don't like it, then audio books just aren't to your liking.  But think of the possibilities-  WOT while you drive, WOT while you work around the house, WOT while you make lunches for the kids in the morning, WOT....

Archived