DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Mat tied to the wheel

Ziggdiezan

Actually at that time in the story Fain was at Fal Dara but had not touched the dagger yet to start the merging process with Mordeth. Unless Fain had also taken something from Shadar Logoth to become "infected" as the Aes Sedai put it. Matt still has the dagger at this point as he has not been fully healed, only partially by Mor. in Camelyn.
Fain took something from Shadar Logoth. He took Mordeth.

Can you quote anything that shows this? He was examined by Mor. and she explained he was definetly corrupted by the shadow due to the DO's sending him hunting and then distilling him and sending him back out year after year, but Shadar Logoth's evil was not mentioned until after he stole the dagger.

I'll be first to admit if I've missed something, and if I have please post it but as it stands now everything I remember points to the merge hapenning after the 1st book.

Can you quote anything that shows this?
Encyclopaedia-wot. "Fain enters Shadar Logoth and encounters Mordeth. They merge, forming something more evil and powerful than either. (TGH,Ch49)". Explanation in TGH, event in EotW. Mordeth separate from SL. Mat took dagger, not Mordeth, Fain took Mordeth, not dagger.

Can you quote anything that shows this?
Encyclopaedia-wot. "Fain enters Shadar Logoth and encounters Mordeth. They merge, forming something more evil and powerful than either. (TGH,Ch49)". Explanation in TGH, event in EotW. Mordeth separate from SL. Mat took dagger, not Mordeth, Fain took Mordeth, not dagger.

Awesome!! Thanks for the quote, I'll have to go read that section of TGH again. I somehow missed that.

Archived