DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lets see how far we've come

Sieve

Perivar woke before the first rays of light could spill through the bedchamber's curtain.  Perivar slept well despite the rocky events of the previous night.  He stared at Kabria laying peacefully at his side.  He brushed a few strands of hair from her face then got out of bed to get ready. 

Shirtless Perivar walked to the wash stand where he splashed water on his face then scrubbed his teeth.  While doing so a female servant entered the room carrying a tray filled with food and drink.  Setting the tray down she glanced at the bed Perivar had just vacated in which Kabria still slept. 

Biting back an oath Perivar looked at the pallet he had setup at the foot of Kabria's canopied bed.  Relief flooded through him as he spotted his discarded shirt and coat which lay on top of the pallet's rumbled sheets.  He muttered an oath when he looked back at Kabria's bed where he had thrown back the sheets when he got up.  The servant smiled at him then winked as she left.  Crimson stained his cheek, Light he was a fool.  If they needed proof in addition to the explosion last night on the balcony then they had it.  Servants gossipped worse than housewives, those who did not already know about he and Kabria would know by mid day.  Perhaps his mother could put the rumors to rest.  No he would not ask her to get involved.  She had done quite enough already.

When Perivar made his way to the courtyard his father was already waiting.  He had twin lathes ready for himself.  Perivar carried his sword on his back and his singuata on his belt.  His father plucked the singuata off his belt studying it.  "I discovered it in a book that Kabria bought me on ancient weapons.  One of the smiths at the Tower made it from the picture I brought him.  It was a rustic tribal pattern, basically a foot long knife on either end with a boarhide buckler covering the handle in between the blades.  The smith made it with sturdier blades and a metal buckler for me.  It is quite effective"  His father studied it, amazed that he had never seen such a weapon before.  His father took it in his left hand trying to get a feel for it while he kept his sword in his right.  If necessary Perivar could fight with it in either hand. 

Terval Tarigan whistled and a retainer came running.  Handing it to the man he asked that a smith craft a practice version with lathes instead of metal blades.  "For now we will fight with two swords each until he returns with your singuata."  Perivar nodded, he knew the advantage would lie with his father as he was accustomed to fighting with two symmetrical blades.  Perivar's style was similar enough yet he would still be at a disadvantage.   

The rattling of the lathes seemed distant to Perivar, in the void all sound seemed distant.  He was one with his lathes, one with his father as they danced the forms.  Perivar had always known his father was skilled with his swords though at the time he did not realize just how good he was.  The lathes whirled clacking against each other, occasionally a soft thud would sound as one found a piece of flesh.  Clearly by the red marks on Perivar's flesh he was taking the worst of it.

Perivar wiped his forearm across his face to wipe away the sweat and his dampened hair from his eyes.  They had been going like back and forth like this for hours managing to draw quite a crowd.  Perivar was dismayed at the fact that Kabria was not in attendance.  Likely she had found a book that she wanted to read or else she was still angry with him for the Light knows what. 

Allowing Kabria to fill his mind shattered the precious void.  Instantly a lathe connected with his ribs as another one struck him upside the head sending him to the ground.  Perivar moaned and his father laughed.  Onlookers rushed out to check on him but he waved them away.  "Your mother would never believe it.  She always said that nothing could crack that thick head of yours."  His smile turned to a frown as he stared down at Perivar.  "What under the Light were you thinking dropping your guard like that!  A swordsman of your skill should not be making a mistake, what has gotten into you?  Too much ale last night?"

Perivar shook his head wincing as the pain lanced through his skull.  "No I wish that were the cause..."  He glanced at the attendees then asked his father if they could be alone.  Terval tossed the lathes to a retainer then dismissed the onlookers so they could be private. 

"Mother told Kabria that I was betrothed to Lila.  If I was then I never knew of it."  Perivar's father frowned thoughtfully.

"I did not learn of it 'til after you left but apparently your mother had worked it out.  All of the details had been worked out but you were not officially betrothed.  Why would your mother tell Kabria such a thing?"

"That is what I would like to know!"  Perivar said roughly, his father eyed him cautiously.  "Easy Perivar, I am sure she had her reasons.  I assure you that your mother is only looking out for you.  She always did, you know that."  His father clapped his hands and servants rushed into the courtyard with food, drink, and wet towels to wash the dirt from their faces.

"I will talk to your mother." his father said then they changed the subject as the servants came closer.  They spoke about the various forms and their counters while they ate and drank.  Perivar's attention only held for so long before his thoughts drifted back to Kabria.

Kabria had made sure to stay asleep until Perivar was dressed and gone. She had allowed him into her room last night, but there had been no making up. He would not relent on his end and she could not on hers. Somehow she had to make him understand.

She had spent her morning in the Library, searching for volumes that she’d never seen or read. Those were few and far between, but she did find one. It was a beautiful day and going back to her rooms did not appeal. So she sat out in search of a place where she could be alone to read and meditate. The first the rooms she tried were filled with either the ladies attendants or servants at work. She of course had to stop and talk a minute with the attendants, but as quick as she could she was back in search of solitude. In one garden she had to walk out on tip toe to keep from attracting the Lady Laurelins’ attentions. This morning she was not so sure she could keep her temper in check, and temper from an Aes Sedai was sure to be remarked.

Finally she found a small balcony that was unused, its waist high wall looked out over a yard of some sort, but sitting in the cushioned chair she couldn’t see more than the sky. A short time later the steady clack of practice lathes drew her attention, and she stood up to stare down at the yards.

At one point during the night while they were still ‘fighting’ Kabria had masked the bond and refused to undo it. It was petty, but she didn’t care. She would teach the man that at times more than words were needed. Looking down she watched as Perivar and his father danced. She was always fascinated by training, wishing that she had the same perfect body control. She winced as Perivar dropped his guard and was cracked in the head. She had gathered her skirts to go to him before she realized what she was doing. “You can’t teach him a lesson and tend his wounds at the same time.” She muttered to herself. She seemed to be muttering a lot more of late. Resting her elbows on the rail she stayed to watch and see if they continued their sparring. From her vantage she could just hear snippets of their conversation when the breeze was right.

It wasn’t until she heard her name that she began to strain to hear.

The afternoon spar went just as bad as the morning had, maybe even worse.  A battered, bruised, and dejected Perivar set off for Kabria's rooms.  Kabria had been given their best guest room.  Perivar was supposed to be staying with her though at the moment he did not feel very welcome.  Up ahead in the corridor he saw Lila speaking with another young Lady.  Perivar did not want to be seen anywhere near her so he went down a different hallway running smack dab into his mother. 

"Can we talk, in private, please?"  He had schooled his voice talking nicer than he had in a while.  His mother granted the request, in a few minutes they were seated comfortably in his mother's sitting room. 

"What is on your mind Perivar?"  She asked innocently.  Perivar layed it all out for her thought tried not to sound like he was accusing her of any wrongdoing.  Putting her back up was not the way to go, not with his mother.  His mother insisted that it was her right to see if Kabria was right for him though she admitted that she had gone about it the wrong way.  After a few hours of talking his mother saw the light and promised she would apologize to Kabria.

Perivar went to go find some food while his mother went off in search of Kabria... 

After several hours of watching Perivar and his father spar, Kabria gave up and retired to her rooms. She found the small gray cat curled up where she’d left him that morning. During the day she’d made inquires as to its owner, but no one had lain claim to him yet.

Tossing the still mostly unread book on one of the chairs she flopped down next to the cat, which instantly began to purr. “I suppose if no one is going to claim you, I get the honor of naming you.” Pondering a moment she looked around the room trying to gather inspiration. Her mind was still all filled with Perivar and finding a way to mend the gap, but her eyes lit on a book titled “A Thousand Truths about the Aiel.” The book was not rubbish, but close to it. From what she’d been able to learn it had been written by combining the rumors and travelers travels told over generations, still it did provide inspiration.

“I will call you Hei’Jenn, Always True, but Jenn for short.” The cat butted up against her hand and tried to crawl into her lap. “I wish Perivar were so easy to please.” Carrying her new found friend across the room she tried to focus on the book. Anything to keep her mind off where Perivar could be, and what he could be thinking. 

A few hours later Janie popped her head I to inquire about dinner and Kabria ordered a meal for two. A stew for her and cooked chicken for Jenn. “At least I will not dine alone.”. She was still picking at her meal and watching Jenn devour his when a knock sounded at her door. “You may enter.” She said, knowing that the person on the other side was not Perivar. Even with the bond masked she knew that he would not knock so lightly.

The Lady Laurelin Tarigan swept into the room, shooting a slightly distasteful look at the untouched tray. “We missed you at supper this evening Kabria Sedai. Your conversation was missed. I hope all is well?” Nodding her head respectfully Kabria remained seated. “I apologize Laurelin.” There would be no titles given here. “At times I find quiet contemplation and meditation serve me well. I needed time to gather my thoughts. You understand?”

The dismissal was quite clear and for once the strong confident woman appeared off balance. “Yes,…well. It has come to my attention that perhaps I handled certain interactions inappropriately and for that I apologize. My house and My honor I meant no offence to you, or the White Tower, but you must understand the love a mother has for her son.” Kabria’s eyebrow arched and she gently sat the cat on the floor, rising to meet Laurelin’s gaze.  “I must understand must I? I did not know that a mother’s love was an excuse to treat an intimate of the White Tower in such a way?”

Kabria’s voice was clam and her pale blue eyes were serene. Not a shred of emotion showed on her face, and still Perivar’s mother took a step away. Perhaps she truly understood the depths of the hurt she had caused.

“Still, I wish us to get along, for Perivar’s sake. So I am willing to put aside any discourse we may have had and begin anew.” Kabria wished that it could be as easy with Perivar, but somehow she knew that it would not be.

Leaning in Kabria gently brushed both of Laurelin’s cheeks with a kiss and took her hand in hers. “The past is forgotten. Tomorrow we will talk over tea.” It was another dismissal and this time the lady made her goodbye’s and left. For awhile after she’d departed Kabria had stared at the door, she had forgiven the woman, but she still could not make herself find affection for her. Perhaps it would come in time?

Perivar was on his way to the kitchens when he heard the sound of lacking clacking against each other.  The sound echoed through the halls pulling him to dance with them.  His desire to train and blow off steam overcame his hunger so that he followed the sound to the courtyard.  There he found his father, brother, and the commander of his father's troops.  Walking over to the barrel Perivar picked up one of the lathes and the practice version of his singuata.

Perivar joined the trio taking turns pairing off with each.  Perivar could best his brother much to his brother's dismay, and the commander yet is father still owned him.  Everytime the lathe struck an existing bruise Perivar had to stop himself from wincing.  The void was the only thing that allowed him to do so.  The pain was distant, as if it were happening to someone else but he knew he would pay for it later.

As much as he tried to avoid them thoughts of Kabria tormented him.  Thoughts of her dancing with other men, thoughts of her being angry with him, thoughts of that dreadful night.  Why had she disappeared from his mind.  That marvelous bundle in the back of his head that was her had left only to reappear later.  Why?  He was certain he had no control of it.  Was it some Aes Sedai trick?  Perivar let his thoughts get the best of him for which he received a blow to his thick head.  Blood trickled from his left eyebrow stinging his eye then running down his face.  He got what he deserved for losing his focus.

Perivar refused to allow anyone to tend to his wound.  Maybe it would serve as a reminder to him.  He continued practicing until he could barely lift his arms.  He would get better, he had to... 

Well after dark Perivar stood outside Kabria's door.  His hand raised to knock.  This is foolish he thought furiously.  He had every right to that room.  He was her warder and her lover, his pallet was there to make others believe they were just Aes Sedai and warder.  Perivar wanted to go to her but what could he say that he hadn't already said.  Suddenly he was angry again, he had never given her any reason to be jealous or to think that his love for her was not real.  Why did she no trust him.

Walking down the hall he took an adjacent guest room.  It wasn't much but he didn't need anything special.  He was starving yet his body desperately needed rest.  Stripping off his clothes he dropped on the bed.  It did not take long before he was sound asleep.

That night Kabria lay awake staring at the ceiling through her canopied bed. Each hour that ticked off on the small clock was another hour without Perivar. That had not spoken now in two days, and it seemed as if the rift between them grew larger with each passing hour.

It was the Law of Unintended Consequences. The Lady Laurelin had only intended to find out the depth of the love that she and Perivar shared, at yet inadvertently she had caused the fight that now kept the two apart. While it had not been her intention, Kabria still felt angry. From that one seemingly innocent event had rippled yet other effects. Perivar had been hurt in a spar, she felt it as surely as she would have a blow to her own head. Had he not been distracted by their fight that would not have happened? Bringing the blame to rest once again with his mother.

Over and over she replayed the events of the last two days, and each time they could be laid to rest at his mother’s feet. Still, she did not blame the woman; it was not fully her fault. At least part of the blame rested at her own feet, and another part at Perivar. They were adults, and they were bonded, and by all accounts they were in love, and yet they could not manage hardly a week without fighting. Always, once a day harsh words were exchanged even if it never bore a fight. No matter how many times Kabria laid out the facts in her head, and no matter how she arranged them she couldn’t make them make sense.

She loved him, and he loved her..so why was it not enough? Sighing as the clock ticked off another hour Kabria rolled over to hug Jenn to her chest. Pathetic as it was the little cat had been the only real company she’d kept in days.

With the first fringes of light just starting to shine in her window Kabria got up and washed her face. Circles marred the underside of her eyes, and she pulled out the small vials of powder Janie had used that first day.  With a little trial and error Kabria managed to disguise the fact that she had no sleep. Gathering her cloak she left instructions with Janie to see that Jenn was kept in the manner the spoiled little cat had grown accustom to the last two days. She only planned on being gone a few hours, but who could say what the day would bring.

It wasn’t raining..yet, but the sky was dark with clouds and a hazy hung throughout the city. People moved at a slower pace as if they felt the storm that was coming. Retrieving Blade from the stables Kabria set off out the most Northern Gate. She didn’t know what she intended, but she knew that she could not spend another day locked in her rooms waiting for Perivar to come to his senses.

A few of the guards at the gate offered to accompany her, but she refused them politely and rode on. Before long she rode through the watch towers that marked the Northern most part of the city. Again she had to refuse assistance as she rode even closer to the Blight. She knew that she rode at the fringes of the corruption, but once the watch towers were out of site Kabria dismounted and wrapped Blade’s reins around her wrist.

Taking a seat on the moist ground she sat staring North, searching for answers in the rapidly darkening sky. After awhile she closed her eyes and began to perform the novice exercises, hoping to find some answer in the peace. Even after a light rain began to fall she still sat, but now tears fell silently from her cheeks. She felt as if they were spiraling out of control and she had no notion of how to stop it.

Perivar started his training bright and early the next day.  Kabria was still sleeping he thought.  He cursed himself for not seeing her last night.  His stubbornness was legendary, he was not about to yield until she came to her senses.  Kabria had no reason to become upset with him the other night, he had done absolutely nothing wrong and she knew it. 

Perivar's spar with his father began as expected.  Within the hour he was battered and bruised again.  Blood trickled from his eyebrow just as it had yesterday.  Thoughts of Kabria tried to creep into the void but he knew that allowing them in would only bring on his demise.  Suddenly a gate guard burst into the courtyard shouting.  "My lord...My lord Perivar"  Turning his attention to the man he let go of the void.  As he did he heard the soft thud and yelled out as the blow from his father's lathe took him in his left thigh.  His father spotted the guard and held back or else Perivar's head would have been thumped again.  Perivar limped around in a circle walking it off while he looked at the guard.

"What is it!"  Perivar said angrily to the man biting back an oath that would have insulted the man and forced him to pay some sort of recompense.  "Kabria Sedai..."  He paused to catch his breath, the man had apparently sprinted here, so it was urgent.  "She rode North my lord, we tried to stop her but...well she is Aes Sedai my lord.  We offered her escort but she refused.  There was nothing we could do but come tell you." 

Probing the bond he realized the bundle of emotions in the back of his head was fuzzy again.  Light what had the bloody woman done.  How was he supposed to protect her when he could not find her quickly.  He had no doubt that he could track her though the bond could have sent him right to her.  Blood and ashes he muttereed to himself.

Perivar glanced around looking for his weapons though they were back in his room.  "Thank you Jeral, please have Nightdancer saddled.  I will be right behind you."  Perivar turned to one of the servants hanging about the courtyard asking him to gather a few waterskins and some provisions before Perivar ran as fast as he could to his room.  Gathering up his weapons and his fancloth cloak he made his way to the stable with all possible haste.

In a matter of moments he was ready to depart.  Others tried to join him though Perivar refused, he had to go alone.  Spurring Nightdancer to a gallop he raced through the streets and out the northern gate.  Once again he rode as if the dark one were on his trail.  Light if anything happens to her... you'll what you stubborn fool.  You should have gone to her last night you hairy lummox he chastised himself.  His stubborn pride had led him down the wrong road once again.

It did not take Perivar long to find her trail.  He pressed as hard as he could without losing the trail.  Suddenly she came into sight, the bond was still fuzzy though.  How could that be, he could see her but if he closed his eyes he could not point to her.  He did not know what she had done but this had to end.  Perivar dropped to his knees in front of her. 

"Why? How?..." Fury raged through him for a moment though he pushed it away as he saw her tears.  No that discussion was for later he thought to himself.  Now was time for making up, for settling the matter between them. 

Gently Perivar took Kabria's soft hands in his.  "You know I love you more than words.  You are my sun Kabria, you are my light, my whole world.  You are everything to me!"  Releasing one of her hands he reached for her face though she leaned away from his touch.  Pain wracked his whole body, he thought his heart would break.  He could not understand what he had done that was so wrong.  He had already explained himself to her but that got him nowhere.  What else was he to do.

"I am sorry, I know this is tough, it is hard for both of us.  I wish it were different but it is not.  I want to shout at everyone around us, tell them how much I love you.  I want to be able to show it as well, display it for all the world to see, but I can't, we can't.  Whatever proof you need from me, I will give it!  Just name it, whatever would convince you that my love is true.  I don't know what else I could do to convince you.  If you still don't believe me..."  Then what?  Where do they go from here. 

Desperately Perivar hoped that his words were well received but somehow words just did not seem like enough.  He needed to put an end to this, for both of them but how.  It was beyond him at the moment to realize what went wrong and where.  This seemed to be their destiny.  Kabria would get mad and he would try to figure out what he had done wrong.  The problem was that he always ended up apologizing but never discovering exactly what he had done so that it did not happen again.  Whatever happened this vicious cycle could not continue, not if they both wanted to remain alive.  How many days had they spent apart because one or the other were angry.  He was suppposed to guard her but how could he when they were not together.  Perivar waited for her to respond, to say anything, the silence was becoming uncomfortable.

((edit: to fix typos))

It was a strange place for meditation and contemplation, on the fringes of the Blight. All around her the air seemed to seethe with evil, but with in herself Kabria was complete calm. She could feel the rustle of every tainted leaf, and hear every rain drop as it hit the ground. She could also feel the taint and the tortured creatures that looked on her, too afraid to come closer. What she was offered her protection even here.

The light rain did not stay light for long and soon her hair was soaked and clinging to her head and her dress was plastered to her skin beneath her cloak. But she still sat silently hoping to find the answers she sought. Even after she heard Perivar approach, and felt his hand reaching towards her she sat with her eyes closed. Moments passed and turned to minutes before she opened her eyes. Her tears had stopped, but small drops of water ran unheeded down her cheeks. “Have you ever considered that actions speak louder than words Perivar?” Her voice was completely calm and contemplative, as if they had never had a fight and she was simply speculating on life. “We say that we are in love, and yet every day we fight? So do we shout to convince each other, or ourselves? Or is it that we shout in hopes that we are heard and we no longer have to hide?”

Kabria often had philosophical thoughts, brought on by the many texts she’d read, but she rarely shared them with Perivar. For one she did not think he would care and for another she was afraid of the trails of thought the contemplation brought on. Finally she turned her head to look into his eyes. “I am not mad at your Perivar, but I was hurt. I did not know that you were unaware of the betrothal, and everywhere else we have gone you have refused every woman who looked at you. Then we come here, and you dance with anyone who asks. What am I too think?” She could feel the frustration coming from him, and she looked away towards the North. The mass of black clouds forming their promised worse rain than they were having now…… Could it be an omen to what was to come for them? Or merely a coincidence?

“It does not matter now, I suppose. The Wheel Weaves as it Wills and done is done. We cannot change or past and dare say we have very little control on our future. We are who we are, and what we are, and that sets our path.” Tilting her head back she let the rain fall on her face and she smiled. Even here, this close to destruction the Dark One could not taint the purity of rain.

“I think we can fix matters here, if you are willing?” There would be many places in their lives where they could not act as lovers, and with many people whom they would have to hide, but what is to say they could not have a place to just be themselves? A place where they could be Perivar and Kabria, young lovers, not Warder and Aes Sedai? She explained what she was thinking to Perivar, wondering if he could allow himself to be free in front of his parents. “If you are willing to allow this place to know, if you are willing to allow your people to know, then so am I.”

It was odd being so close to the Blight, so close to the destruction of what was once the land of his ancestors.  Mangled and tainted creatures that could kill in a heartbeat yet he had no concern for them.  His focus was on Kabria.  Relief came when she finally spoke, at least she would speak to him.  Nothing was more painful than her not speaking to him or avoiding him.  Perivar felt his heart pounding as if he had just fought a battle.

Kabria voice was calm, like soft chimes.  It would have been soothing though her words were deep which required him to focus.  She had yet to meet his eyes.  He listened intently, he was not about to mess this up again. 

Her eyes locked onto his and he say the pain in them.  Having her tell him that she was hurt by his actions pained him deeply.  It always tore at his heart to hear such things.  All he wanted to do was love her and make her happy yet too often he hurt her without realizing it.  Frustration began to mount, though it was with himself not with her.  How could he be such a fool.

Her smile lifted him, brought him hope that all would be well.  He lived for moments when he could see her smile. “I think we can fix matters here, if you are willing?”  “If you are willing to allow this place to know, if you are willing to allow your people to know, then so am I.”   Perivar would do whatever it took but for a brief moment he thought her plan was insane, let others know, how could they? What if?  Suddenly he no longer cared about the what ifs.  Perivar wanted her more than anything in this world, he would do whatever it takes.

Touched her rain-dampened face he smiled "I am willing my love.  More than willing!  To the Blight with anyone who thinks it wrong, I am tired of hiding what we truly are.  We have to have someplace in this cursed world where we are allowed to show our love for on another." 

Kabria beamed at Perivar, laughing with tears flowing down her cheeks. For a moment she wished that they could stay in Arafel forever. She wished that they could have what his brother had, a small house to call their own and children to love, surrounded by family and their people. She could see it all so clearly in her mind, but as the dream faded into reality she realized that what she had was more than enough.

Growing up without a father had made her fearful of men, even as a beautiful young teenager she’d scoffed their attentions. She had wanted nothing but a place to be along with her books. When that had ceased to be enough she’d allowed herself to be accosted to the White Tower and in many ways she’d thrown her hopes into being Aes Sedai. She had scoffed at their rules and the restrictions set on her life, yet even so she’d been an exceptional student. Catching on quickly to everything she was shown. Once she knew that the Green Ajah was her destiny she’d thrown herself into learning to be a weapon and that was when she’d met Perivar. None of her goals had changed, only adapted to include him.

Now she had what most women couldn’t attain, and many Aes Sedai never tried. She had the ring and her green shawl, a wonderful warder and a man who loved her more than words could say. So what if she never had a husband and children? Even while she was coming to terms with what she couldn’t have a small voice in the back of her mind whispered that perhaps she could?

“I am glad that we will have our place. I cannot think of a more accepting group of our love, except perhaps Lila.” She laughed and brushed rain from his cheeks to show that it had only been a joke. She leaned in to kiss him, and when their lips met she felt sparks fly. It felt like the first time all over again and Kabria refused to let him pull away; not caring that they were both drenched to the skin. Nearly an hour later they were riding back through the gates of the city. Both were soaking wet, and the guards gave them strange looks as they rode into the manor.

How wonderful it was to hear her laughter again, it was like the sun shining after days of darkness.  It did not even seem somewhat odd that they were so close to the Blight.  Their love seemed to lessen the destruction of the Blight that lay only feet away.  Her touch on his rain soaked cheek felt like the first time she touched him, it sent a shiver through his body. 

When she leaned in to kiss him he thought he would burst from the anticipation.  Their lips met and sparks flew, he lost all concept of time or that anything else existed for that matter.  When their lips parted they were both drenched though neither seemed to care. 

When they returned through the gates they returned as lovers not Aes Sedai and warder.  It was as much as an announcement as they would make for now.  They returned like a King and Queen parading in front of their subjects.  It was an amazing feeling, knowing that they would have a place to go where they could be themselves.  Later that night they would make the true announcement in front of the entire city.  For now they would retire to her rooms and make up for lost time.

The next day when he woke he had a renewed sense of purpose.  His elation at their making up was obvious to anyone who glanced at him.  Suprisingly many smiled as he walked by, they seemed to approve of their love.  Perhaps having an Aes Sedai linked to the Tarigan family in such a way was a sign of hope.  Perivar didn't care what they thought, he felt like a new man.

This time when he met his father he was able to hold his own.  He was completely focused on his training.  Thoughts of Kabria floated in though they were happy thoughts.  They were equally distracting though but he was able to focus on his forms.  By the end of the day his father had remarked on his improvement.  His father knew the reason for the change and he approved.  He was clearly happy that Perivar and Kabria were happy.  Even his mother seemed to have warmed to Kabria, excepting her as part of the family even though they were not wed.  Perivar was in a state of bliss, for this moment in time all was well.  If only they could stay here forever and live this life of fantasy but the reality was they were needed elsewhere.