DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

it's a streatch but robert jordans world follows alot of nazi facist beliefs

nebraskee

Just to clear up, the Swastika was a Hindu thing, it shows up in Budhist temples and all over South East Asia beause Budhism was the oldest religion in the region and its not uncommon for other religions to "lift", as someone (don't remember who and can't be bothered to check) put it.  The idea of Satan comes from Zoroastrianism (so does the name of a major car company ;)), and before Dec. 25 was the B-day of Jesus it was the B-Day of Mithras, a major Roman cult deity at the time.  Hitler and Jordan both grabbed stuff from India, that and the Whitecloaks are the only two connections that I can see between them.

I always thought Hawkwing's Empire was like the Roman Empire--> height of military strategics and tactics, then after that everything went to hell(swarm with heavily armored horse after exchanging missile fire) and there were very few new innovations in tactics until the Renaissance, i.e. what Mat's been trying to do.  Also, Hawkwings law about free and safe passage across the Empire seems very similar to the Civis Romanus and the Romans(they still thought they were at the time) had their own legal code --the Justinian Code which was the law for the entire Empire. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived