DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hell Hath no Fury [ATTN: Edana]

AddiBeth

Her body was still shuddering from the Healing.  Of all the glories she’d heard Aes Sedai could do, Addison had never expected that her fist could go from broken to good-as-new in seconds—it was like she’d never even punched that stupid boy in the first place!  Only, she did and now there were people trying, and failing, to hide their laughter behind hands as she passed.  Stupid Sandre!  Not only did he have to go make a fool of her on the first day, but he was her bloody roommate!  If this was her destiny, why was he included?

Marching across the yards, Addi refused to let anyone stare her down.  She was going to be a Warder and that was that.  No one could stop her!  Only, the whispering only got worse the closer she got to the barracks—no, surely that was just her imagination.  Ever so slightly, her shoulders hunched and her head bent down.  By the time she reached the barracks door, Addi was looking at the ground, face red, wondering why she had thought punching Sandre was such a good idea.

There, in the doorway stood a vaguely familiar face.  Had she possibly bumped into someone rushing away from the fight?  For some reason, this girl seemed a likely candidate for that role.  Being in no rush to get back to a room where Sandre might be, Addi hung around the door.

“Boys are stupid.”  Said to the general public, but meant for the other girl’s ears.

Edana had nothing to do and that was strange. She was intrigued by what she'd missed in the barracks earlier and her curiosity was gnawing at her. She'd seen the girl, Addi she'd heard someone call her, hurrying off to the infirmary. She was actually sorry she'd missed it, since she'd been told my no less than three trainees that the girl had punched Sandre. Worse, that he'd shown her how to do it! She shoved aside the little pang of jealousy at someone gaining his attention. Apparently, asking him to let her heal from her last betrayal was more than he was capable of.

She sighed, strolling out for some sunlight. Boredom never fit well into her life and trouble usually followed when she was suffering from this little itching need to do something. She paused in the doorway, seeing the girl crossing the Yard. She was in no hurry and if the smiling faces that appeared as she passed them were any indication of what she'd seen since leaving the infirmary, she knew why. She braced her shoulder on the door as the girl got closer, wondering if she'd look up before she crashed into her. She doubted the girl had noticed her earlier, as focused on her irritation and pain as she was. She could identify with the irritation part, especially if Sandre had anything to do with it.

The girl saw her and slowed even more, her reluctance to reenter the room where her new roommate would be was pretty obvious. “Boys are stupid,” the girl said and Edana had to laugh and nod.

"That's putting it mildly, I think. Most of them are quite a few pegs below stupid and Light knows it takes them a long time to grow out of it." She smiled and extended her hand. "I'm Edana, by the way. How's your hand?"

~Edana

A large grin crept over Addi’s previously blushing face.  As nice as the twins were, even they had been rather sceptical of her ability to be a trainee.  Here was a woman after her own heart, a kindred spirit even!  Obviously this Edana must be dealing with many of the same problems as Addi.  How many other girls were there in the Warders Yard?  Actually, upon a second look, “girl” didn’t seem to suit Edana; the woman was definitely a couple of years older than her.

“I’m Addison.”  They shook.  “Hand’s doing better now, it’s amazing what those Aes Sedai can do, isn’t it?  In any case, wasn’t anything major, you know?  This idiot boy thought that because I was a woman I was... well...”  The whole blushing thing was getting kind of old.  “He thought I was a... whore.”  She whispered the last.  “I don’t know, it didn’t seem fair that he got to call me that and walk away.

“Anyway, what sins have the lesser gender committed against you lately?”

Edana winced at the presumption, but nodded. “Anyway, what sins have the lesser gender committed against you lately?”

She cleared her throat and looked away a moment. "I found one playing in the river. He threw me in, acted nice enough that I trusted him and then..." She shook her head. "... it's a long story, but the result is pretty close to what you've dealt with."

She tried to imagine who this girl could've come into contact with in the short time she'd been here. She'd seen the twins following her and neither of them were bleeding. She'd heard Elyan babbling as he walked away, and nothing he'd said sounded garbled enough to have been punched in the face. Which left only... "Sandre," she murmured, her eyes turning back to Addison's. "Tall, beautiful eyes, hair as black as sin?" She'd be willing to bet he was causing this girl grief, too. Her fists clenched just thinking about him, and she watched the girl's response to see whether it was the same. "How dare he call you a... when he's such a womanizer! Was he hunting for a kindred spirit?" She muttered and cursed under her breath a moment before she gained control over it. Why did that man make her so angry so quickly?

~Edana

It wasn’t even that they had both been slighted by men, but both by the least of men: Sandre!  “Bloody hell!  That...”  A growl was forced to suffice; there simply wasn’t a word quite vile enough for the man.  The nerve of the man, Edana should have beaten the tar out of him for that!  “That’s him alright!  I’m stuck with him as my damn roommate!”  The new-healed hand curled into a fist.  “He found himself a kindred spirit though, that Elyan...  All knight in shining armour, thinking I can’t take care of myself but then as soon as I turn my back, he’s laughing at me with bloody Sandre!”

Addison couldn’t remember the last time she’d been this furious!  “You know the worst part about it?  They think they can get away with it; that they can just turn their backs whenever they feel like it and we can’t do anything about it.  We should do something about it.”  She glanced at her new friend with an evil grin.

Edana's eyes narrowed to slits. Elyan, too? She'd have to corner him about that one. Him she'd blast to the Dark One's den...

“You know the worst part about it?  They think they can get away with it; that they can just turn their backs whenever they feel like it and we can’t do anything about it.  We should do something about it.”  The grin that spread across Addi's face was enough to force evil pranks to bloom in her head. She'd done her share of pranking in the Guard, she knew some rotten tricks.

"Yes," she said, a smile stretching across her own face. "Yes, we should. We could start with nettles in their pants..." She let her mind drift, thinking of horribly appropriate things she'd done in the past.

~Edana

ok, not my best post, but I'm on LoA... forgive me?

• 3 weeks later...

Addison was sure her giggle sounded demonic, though truthfully it sounded like what it was: the giggle of a sixteen year-old girl with one too many boy issues.  “I once took my...”  What was she supposed to call Jake?  Her friend?  He was more than that.  Her beau?  They’d never actually been involved.  Whatever, it didn’t matter – or wasn’t supposed to.  “Well, there was this guy I knew, worked on my dad’s farm.  Anyways, he slept up in the hayloft of the barn so this one time I took the ladder, trapping him up there.  Only way down was to jump into the hay in the horse’s stall, I may have shovelled all the dung right into a pile for him to jump into.”  Addi thought about how she might use that here. No good.

“I’ve got nothing.  We can definitely start with nettles, should be easy considering Sandre, at least, is my roommate.  We need something really embarrassing though...  Any more ideas?”

ooc: sorry this took so long, couldn't seem to figure anything out for the life of me

"Only way down was to jump into the hay in the horse’s stall, I may have shovelled all the dung right into a pile for him to jump into.” Edana smiled, imagining Sandre covered in horse dung. It had a nice ring to it. She doubted they could get him into a loft in the barn, though. “I’ve got nothing.  We can definitely start with nettles, should be easy considering Sandre, at least, is my roommate.  We need something really embarrassing though...  Any more ideas?”

She nibbled the inside of her lip for a minute, then turned back to Addi. "You said he thought you were... a prostitute? Perhaps if he were to come face to face with one, he could learn the difference?" She smiled, the idea growing on her. "Do you think we could sneak someone into the barracks while he's training?"

~Edana

feeling wicked

Squeal!  “You are a muse!  Mind you, macho man that he is, wouldn’t he just er...” how exactly did on say this?  “Use our “present”?  Should we maybe give her some sort of instructions so we can really embarrass him?”  A moment’s pause and a rather cruel thought occurred to Addi.  Back in Badon’s Hill, this sort of thing was not talked about but as she’d travelled the world, Addison had developed a more liberal mindset – or so she thought, anyway.  “What if we sent him a male prostitute?  Or even if we just paid some man to pretend?  Considering the chauvinist that he is, I think that might sting below the belt.” 

Addison grinned and cackled – despite the rather racy, at least for a naïve little farm girl, topic.  “Can you imagine his face?  It shouldn’t be hard to sneak someone into the room as long as I’ve got some time off while he’s still training.  As long as something has the twins distracted, it’ll be a piece of cake!”

Edana shuddered, averting her eyes and shaking her head. "I wouldn't think, even if I thought that would work, that we'd find one in Tar Valon." She shook her head again and chewed her lip. "This is a man who doesn't even take a bath around other men," she mused, watching a cloud roll by overhead. "Sending him a real prostitute, one that was less than pliant..."

She smiled slowly. "Using his discomfort against him is the best way to get under his skin, I think. I wouldn't worry so much about him "using" our present, as much as our present using him!"

~Edana

• 4 weeks later...

A loud laugh barked across the Yard, earning a few stares – apparently she was loud.  “Have you got time now to go searching for lovely little Sandre’s present?” 

At Edana’s nod, Addison barely restrained the urge to skip with glee towards the seedier sections of Tar Valon; oddly these areas seemed much harder to find when one went looking for them as opposed to putting effort into staying away.  She eyed the decrepit buildings around her, suddenly doubting the wisdom of two women running unarmed around the slums.  They stood out like a Trainee in the Novice Quarters – Addi was trying out a number of White Tower oriented similes.  In any case, staying out of trouble didn’t seem to fit into the day’s agenda.

Conveniently, her busy day had passed quickly and the sun was beginning to set; it was far easier to find a whore in the dark than in daylight...  Addi blushed as she considered possible double entendres.  One by one, they crawled from their ramshackle homes.  Suggestively clad girls, some of whom looked younger than she, sported a barrage of colours that would please any Tinker, accessorised with hideously cheap jewellery.  A number of the dressed seemed to be poor imitations of Domani dresses or Sea Folk attire; any and everything exotic.  The farm girl couldn’t imagine what might drive these girls to so... debase a profession.

“So, who do you think looks like a promising candidate?”  Addison tried to ignore the disconcerting stares the pair was starting to receive from the ladies and other disreputable night-time labourers.

Edana eyed the collection of girls and women appearing in this section of Tar Valon. The smell through here was worse than any perfumary she'd ever been unfortunate to walk near. A riot of attempts at floral scents filled the air with a hint of musk underneath that made Ed glad she'd avoided eating a little longer than usual. How many flowers had been ground into liquid to get that smell?

“So, who do you think looks like a promising candidate?” Addi said, drawing her back to the purpose for them being here. Sandre. The thought steeled her nerve. Dratted man. She looked over the women again, hunting for any hint that one of these women was more aggressive than the others. She paused, seeing a flame haired woman standing in a doorway just down from them. She was leaning on the frame, one leg bent up behind her so she was completely blocking the doorway. Edana felt the smile starting and nodded her direction. The darkness made the pitch blade corset cinching the woman's waste nearly shimmer. Other than that, there was little to the imagination. What wasn't bare was barely covered, and most of that with an intricate black lace. The woman's hair was well taken care of, or, at least it shined like it was. It flowed over her shoulder in rich waves that made Ed nearly jealous. "What about that one?" She asked Addi, not taking her eyes off the woman.

~Edana

The woman had a magnificent head of red hair set against a darker-toned skin that suggested Domani or perhaps Altaran heritage; a combination that was almost impossible by nature and was achieved by a bottle of pigment she’d seen hawked in a few stores.  Upon closer view, Addison could see hints of brown near the woman’s scalp.  Actually, seeing the woman closer made the little farm girl more than a little uncomfortable – why bother wearing clothes at all if the woman was barely going to cover the... private bits?  The woman had absolutely no shame and why should she?  Addi half-expected the woman to fall over, no way could that waist support the woman’s bosom!

When the prostitute noticed them staring, she sauntered over.  How on earth could she walk with such high shoes?  The new trainee did her best to hide her nerves; apparently she didn’t succeed.  “It’s alright, baby, no need to be shy.  You two aren’t my usual style, but I suppose I could make an exception.”  Addi flinched as the woman ran a finger along her cheek and the woman’s responsive laugh was more than suggestive.

“She’ll do.”  Her voice cracked like a fourteen year-old boy’s.

“And what is it I’m doing?”

Edana felt her lip twitch at the crack in Addi's voice and shook her head. "Actually, we'd like to hire you for a friend of ours. The good news is that he's very much a man. Even better, we're willing to pay a bit more if you visit him, instead of him visiting you." She could see the calculation in the woman's eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "And if you think you can take it from me, please do try. It's been a while since someone tested me and I've learned a lot since they were released from the infirmary in Camelyn."

The woman smiled. "What's the occasion?"

Edana smirked and arched her eyebrows tightly, nearly to her hairline. "Does there need to be an occasion? He needs a friend. We're being nice and finding him one." Edana shrugged. "I'm sure someone else down here would be more than happy to help our friend out, however. Come, Addi, let's find another..."

"I never said I wouldn't do it," the woman said quickly, reaching her hand out for Edana's arm. Ed gave her a pointed look and she let go. "I just want to make sure the money is worth what I'll be missing here."

"What would you be missing here?" Ed asked, looking up the nearly deserted street. She named an exhorbant amount of money and Ed shook her head. "I'll give you half that, I'm not foolish. It's not the hottest day on the street down here, there's no business waiting on you to return. Half or we find someone else."

She actually thought about it for a minute. Ed shrugged her shoulder and turned to go before she accepted the offer. "Addi, would you like to make the arrangements?"

~Edana

There was little bartering to be done in Braden’s Hill, where everyone knew everyone else and cheating one’s neighbour was simply bad business, and Jon Thwait had never taken his daughter to Whitebridge when he sold what little surplus there was.  Thus, Addison was somewhat enthralled by the process – enough that she stopped awkwardly glancing at the whore they were trying to hire.  Soon enough, they had settled on a price that, to Addi, still seemed incredibly expensive.  Light, was Edana expecting her to pitch in for half?  There might be enough left in the purse from the Mistress of Novices to cover it.

Addison barely heard Edana’s question.  “Uh...”  Her fellow trainee didn’t bother to wait for her reply and headed back to the Yards, leaving poor Addi alone with the prostitute.

“Just you and me, kitten.”

Blood and bloody ashes, with the amount of blushing she’d done today, it would be a wonder if her face ever returned to its usual shade.  “Uh...  Well, we umm... hired you... for my roommate Sandre.”  How exactly was one to phrase sentences to a whore?  Were they likely to be offended?  More importantly, what would the do if offended?  Damn Edana, why did she have to leave?  Light, people were staring at them!  What were they thinking, her leading a whore around the city?

Further conversation was nonexistent on the incredibly long walk back to the Warders Yard.  The sun was now only barely showing above the horizon and no doubt Sandre would be returning to the room soon.  Wait, what exactly was Addison supposed to do while the prostitute was in her room?  They finally reached the room and she peeked her head inside - good, no one was back yet.  “So, uh... this is his room.  Wait here and he should be back soon.”  Hopefully.  “I’m umm... just going to go now.  Uh... goodbye.”  The woman’s cackle followed her out the door.

Light burn her, they’d forgotten about the twins: what if they came back before Sandre?  As much as Addi wanted to be as far away from the room as possible, she slumped against a doorframe within view of her own door and made sure nothing ruined the prank.

OOC: We ready for Sandre, Lor?

• 2 weeks later...

As Sandre walked into the room and saw the scantly clad woman with fake red hair he jokingly smiled and thought (Must be one of Addi's friends.) He remembered seeing Addison standing in the hallway watching the door and seeing this woman it wasnt too difficult to figure out why. The woman seeing him arched an eyebrow and looked him up and down appreciatively. At least he thought that was the look. He didnt get many of those that he noticed.

"Can I help you?"

The red head walked over all hips and lips with a smile on her face. "That depends... are you Sandre?"

Sandre nodded and swallowed hard. He was not used to women being so open with their intentions. He backed up to the door and felt trapped when the woman pressed herself against him.

"Relax sugar." she cooed. Sandre then lifted her by the waist and set her a little ways in front of him. She smiled at his strength. "How about... a little more slowly." She shrugged. "Your time sugar." Sandre nodded as his analytical mind took over. How to turn this into a battle... against Addison and Edana. "Sit on that bed." he pointed to his own. "Take your top off and turn around." She quirked an eyebrow but did as she was told. She seemed almost surprised when he came up behind her and began to massage her shoulders. As expected she began to moan and comment on how good it felt which was exactly what he wanted Addison to hear outside.

He gave her a two hour full body massage. Though anyone that was passing through the halls probably thought it was something else. When it was done he thanked her as she got dressed. "Thank you for your time. It was the woman outside who hired you correct?" The red head..Starla she called herself though that was almost a certainty to be made up... nodded. He pulled out some marks to equal what the two paid and then some. "Tell her you enjoyed yourself so much that this one is on you and give her the gold she paid you back, and you found it strange that I kept calling you Addison even though you told me your name and about how you have never done that on a top bunk." He smiled and she smiled back catching on.

As she walked out the door he took a water skin he carried around for training and emptied some of the contents on Addison's bunk and pillow. He messed up the blankets just a tiny bit. He didnt need to simulate sweat. He had just finished training after all.

He listened through the door as the red head did as she was asked and then quickly he went and laid down in his own bunk and picked up a book and started reading. He shook his head. He had to hand it to them. He never saw this one coming.

Edana heard the moans two doors away from Sandre's room. Her eyes found Addi's and she moved closer to the door. A hundred vile things erupted in her thoughts as she verified that this was Addi's room, and she had only to look at the expression on the girl's face to know that their plan seemed to have backfired. She curled her hands into fists, trying like mad to squelch the violent flash of jealousy as it erupted in her thoughts.

When the door opened, she turned towards it. The woman looked replete and very satisfied with herself. She even handed Addi the money back! Whatever she said was completely lost to Ed's ears as the realization of what had just happened sank in.

I would've been nothing but a... Ed's eyes strayed to the swaying hips of the woman now retreating from the barracks. He hadn't been willing to wait for her to get settled and comfortable. He wasn't after anything serious and probably hadn't been, even that day by the river! Anger filtered through her jealousy and she closed her eyes to hide it all from Addi.

"Well, that didn't go the way we'd planned," she said softly. "I wonder how long it'll take before one of the Guards sees her and makes the right conculsion? Are there rules for entertaining in the barracks, do you think?" Her rage was pushing her to exact revenge however she could. She couldn't make him pay on her own, but Light... someone needed to...

~Edana

• 1 month later...

Uncomfortable described how Addison had felt hiring the prostitute.  It didn’t come near the word needed to describe how she felt standing outside her own bedroom door, listening to their plan backfire... rather loudly.  Painful, distressing: even they lacked the appropriate connotation.  Even more unfortunately, the absolute... tragedy - it seemed the most appropriate word, considering Addi felt the need to keel over with embarrassment with each new second of added humiliation.  In any case, this day’s tragedy was not yet done.

Out walks the whore, positively beaming and spewing out words like “calling me Addison” and “top bunk”.  Her stomach suddenly felt the need to spew out what little food she’d ingested today.  Addi took her gold back woodenly, desperately trying not to wrap her head around the situation.  Edana was talking but her words went in one ear and out the other as the grey matter in the middle curled itself in foetal position and rocked back and forth.

“I told you we should have found a guy.”  Pause.  “Um... now where am I supposed to sleep tonight?”

• 2 weeks later...