DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finally some time to relax (attn: Aria)

Dazar

Tai had left him a while ago but Dazar kept trying anyway.

-If I can just make the water ripple I will be happy.

Dazar sat by the pool, riding the frozen molten flows of Saidin. Try as he might he couldn't get the flows of water to do what he wanted. Finally Dazar collapsed in exhaustion.

"How does Tai make it look so easy?" Dazar panted to himself. Shaking his head he got to his feet. He was surprised to notice he had a hard time staying on them at first. With another shake of his head Dazar gathered up his things and headed for the inn.

-I could definitely use a drink, it's been a while since I've sat down and actually enjoyed some spiced wine. 

With his thoughts on home, and how bad the raids must be this time of year, it took Dazar a while to realize that the common room was almost empty. Dazar was amazed that he had really spent all day, and into the night just trying to get that water to move.  What did catch his attention though was a cute little blond that had just gotten up from her table. She had been staring at him since he had walked in the door. Trying to look the other way and pretend he hadn't noticed her staring at him, Dazar sat down at a table on the other side. Before he could even finish ordering the drink he noticed her coming his way.

Great, a beautiful girl heading my way and I smell like I haven't bathed in a week. Dazar thought to himself.

Then the strangest thing happened when she got to the table, she just stood there.

"Well would you like to sit down, or are you just going to stand there staring at me all night?"

Sighing Aria stood, preparing to retire to her room for the night. Just as she was about to head over to the stairs the door banged open and one of those peculiar men in black coats wandered in. This one wore no pins on his collar.

Low rank, must be safe to talk to. She thought. Wouldn't want to get someone of too high a rank in trouble for talking to her. Gierrin had seemed nervous as she asked her questions. Like someone looking to be spotted.

Or looking for an escape. She thought sourly.

There was something familiar that tugged at her mind about the man that she couldn't put her finger on. He broke her gaze and took a seat at a table and she realized she had been staring. Blushing she headed over to the table, maybe if she talked to the man she would be able to put her finger on it. The man finished ordering his drink as she approached. As the barmaid walked away Aria stood there staring. That was it, the eyes were darker, the build slightly different. It almost could be him. If she had not known better she would have sworn it was his- No, that was plain foolish. She did know better.

"Well would you like to sit down, or are you just going to stand there staring at me all night?" His words broke her out of her reverie and she jumped slightly. She was doing it again. Dropping her gaze she blushed furiously in embarrassment and took the seat across from him that was offered.

"Sorry it's just that- No forget it. I apologize if i offend." She looked into his dark eyes and smiled. Hoping to make him forget that she had been staring a moment before. At least that he had wanted her not to stare had that been the case. She had been told that her smile could have that affect on men. The barmaid brought his drink and hers from her table. Nodding to her, Aria spoke.

"So I am new around here, Mahdi's the name. Whats yours?" She smiled again over the rim of her mug. Maybe this one would be good for conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticing the blush Dazar smiled.

-It's always good to keep them on their toes  he thought to himself.

Dazar was feeling pretty confident about their encounter, that is until she smiled. Now he had some experience with woman, he was a noble after all, but after seeing the smile his mind seemed to stop working.

"So I am new around here, Mahdi's the name. Whats yours?"

Snapping back to reality Dazar realized that he was the one staring now.

"I am Soldier Dazar'sei at your service my Lady."

She wasn't dressed very nice, but she acted like a lady, so Dazar decided to play it safe. He had to stop himself from giving his house name, in the Black Tower there were no ties to family.

Realizing that she obviously wasn't here to learn how to channel, Dazar decided to not let her know anything about the farm. For all he knew she might even be an Aes Sedai. With that thought Dazar instantly seized Saidin, Drawing as much of the power as he could handle.

Shaking his head he let Saidin go.

-They aren't going to let an Aes Sedai just walk in here.

Taking the time to study Mahdi, Dazar realized that she had the look and sound of some one from Mayene.

-That is where my "brother" is from, I wonder if they know each other. Wouldn't that be great, me meeting and wooing a girl that Tai knows from his past.

With that thought the sly smile came right back to his lips.

"Are you by chance from Mayene? You have the look, and you speak like a friend of mine that I know from that area." Dazar asked her nonchalantly.

"I am Soldier Dazar'sei at your service my Lady."

The man looked at her consideringly for a moment and then shook his head as if discarding the thought. He sat and looked at her for a while, apparently lost in his own thoughts until he asked with a grin.

"Are you by chance from Mayene? You have the look, and you speak like a friend of mine that I know from that area." He said it as if off-handedly, as if the answer did not really matter. But Aria had seen that type of grin and leaned over her elbows toward him.

"I sure am Soldier." So he wanted to flirt did he? She smiled to herself and continued. "And you sound like you are from up north unless i miss my guess. I hope your friend is as handsome as you are." She flashed another winning smile and looked at him smokily. Maybe she was pouring it on a little thick but maybe the man might tell her what she wanted to know. Watching him drain his mug in one go, Aria smiled. She loved this little game, men were easy to manuever. It was a rush to flirt, lead them around by the nose, and all the while learing what she wanted and them none the wiser.

"So," She said. "What are you doing out this late if i may ask?"

"And you sound like you are from up north unless i miss my guess. I hope your friend is as handsome as you are."

Dazar was left speechless. Not only was she more forward than any woman he had met before, but she also gave him another one of those smiles. Quickly Dazar drained his glass. Trying to get his mouth working again to answer her, Dazar realized that she was already asking another question.

"What are you doing out this late if i may ask?"

"Well first of all my lady, yes I am from the north, Fal Dara to be exact. As for the reason I am out this late, I had a long day of training and thought that I would try to relax for once. It had been a long time since I had enjoyed some spiced wine, I thought I would come in for a glass. I'm glad I did, other wise I wouldn't have been able to meet you."

Realizing that he had already given away more than  he wanted to, Dazar tried his smile again. Back home all the girls had said that was his best feature.

"If I may be so bold, why exactly are you here my lady? I'm not sure if you noticed but there aren't very many woman here."

Again Dazar realized he was saying to much. He had never been so tongue tied around woman before, but this one had him blurting out things better kept a secret.

"Well first of all my lady, yes I am from the north, Fal Dara to be exact. As for the reason I am out this late, I had a long day of training and thought that I would try to relax for once. It had been a long time since I had enjoyed some spiced wine, I thought I would come in for a glass. I'm glad I did, other wise I wouldn't have been able to meet you." So the man was bold, that was good. Bold men talked, a lot.

"If I may be so bold, why exactly are you here my lady? I'm not sure if you noticed but there aren't very many woman here."

Aria barely kept her smile in place. She had not really come up with a plan on what to say other than a good version of the truth.

"I met a man in a black coat in Camelyn, we talked for a while and he mentioned this place. I have been traveling for a while and thought i would come stay here for a while. It is odd I know, but i think i might find that i like it here. That was too close to the truth for comfort but the man seemed to accept it and so she left it alone. Talking too much could get her into trouble. After a little more conversation, Aria stretched, arching her back, and hid a smile behind her hand in a fiend yawn when his eyes nearly bulged.

"I am tired and am eager to start early in the morning. Thank you for your company" she said as she rose. "Maybe i will see you again sometime." She smiled at him and sauntered off, maybe she would like this place after all.

"I met a man in a black coat in Camelyn, we talked for a while and he mentioned this place. I have been traveling for a while and thought i would come stay here for a while. It is odd I know, but i think i might find that i like it here."

It was odd indeed, but for more than why she thought. Dazar couldn't help but wonder why any of the Asha'man would freely tell her about this place, let alone where it was. On top of that, if she knew that much, did she know that all the men here could channel?

-No use scaring her off, I might as well keep quite about the whole channeling thing. With the way she's been flirting I might actually have a chance.

Dazar thought everything was going his way. In the conversation he was witty and funny, while still being able to keep the topic away from the Farm and what they did there. It was a lot harder than he thought it would be. To not even mention what he had done every day for the last month was more than a little frustrating. After the conversation had gone on for a while Dazar started trying to think up ways to leave politely, he had spent all day training after all. Before he even had a chance to think up something Aria stretched, arching her back in the process. Instantly all thought left his mind, she seemed to have  that affect on him often. Realizing that his eyes were popping out of his head he tried to closed his mouth and go on as if nothing had happened.

"I am tired and am eager to start early in the morning. Thank you for your company" she said as she rose. "Maybe i will see you again sometime."

Dazar was so stunned from the stretch that he didn't even say anything back. Happily watching her leave Dazar decided he needed to come in for a drink more often.