DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NaNo-vember!!!

twinflower

Ah November…the 11th month of the year!  *grins*    The month we dream of turkeys roasting, crisp leaves blowing in the wind, the roar of the football fans..and the curious sounds of gnashing teeth, woopee’s and the constant tap tap tap of computer keys!!  Yes, Fall is truly here as we embrace this month of Thanksgiving, football, the change of the seasons and NaNoWrMo!

HUH?  What is NaNoWrMo you are asking yourself?  Ask no more!  NaNo is the acronym for National Novel Writing Month.  This is a competition that began ten years ago.  It’s purpose:  to inspire and encourage the wannabe, the hopeful, the struggling, the procrastinating would be authors of the world!  The goal:  to write a 50,000 word novel within the thirty days of November!  The competition begins at 12:01 am November 1st and ends at 11:59 pm November 30th.  There is a free website anyone may join to participate, and they offer support, forums, advice and a way to keep an accurate count of the words the writer has written!  Just as a note too, competition is a bit misleading!  There are no prizes given or awards.  The real competition is with yourself to achieve the goal of writing a novel!  So what has NaNo have to do with the Kin?

We are the NaNo Support and Cheering Team for the Kinsters who are participating!  Traditionally, our Kin family has always had several people involved, and this year we have a bumper crop of aspiring writer’s!!!  Check out the NaNo Support thread in the Knitting Circle for ways you can help support our members and how to join in Twinnie’s Special Task Force of Encouragement!!!

Another tradition in the Kin is to take some time this month and talk about What we are Thankful for.  You know, it’s been a rough year for many of our Kin family this year, our Rant thread has stayed pretty busy all year!  But so has our Moments of Joy!  I hope you’ll take a minute to check into this topic and accept my challenge to each of you this month.  *grins*  As always, at the top of my list, is, I thank God for each and everyone of you everyday!

Something NEW!!  Well not really, but a new approach this year!!  Lor put together a fantastic Kin Christmas CD a few years ago of the Kin’s favorite Christmas Carols!  Now we have tried to do it again the last couple years and it has fallen through!  So I am wondering if it may be our timing?  Anyway, thought we’d give this a whirl this way this year.  I’ll post a thread where you tell me your favorite number one Christmas tune..then maybe a second and third..and you give me a link to them or I’ll see if I can find them!    We will take submissions until December 1st..then the CD can be burned and mailed out in time to enjoy for the holidays!!

Looking Ahead…

December is fast approaching when we all get busy with family and the holidays!  This is always been a special time for Kinster’s to celebrate togther as well!  Keep a thought in the budget and your options open for the Christmas Card Exchange and Secret Santa Exchange! 

Also as a note…one of the only Exchanges that Lor insist we not change is the Candy Exchange.  Now the issue was that it was in July..and candy melted because it was just to hot!!  The only two months that really are open and cold enough are November and January!  I’m not sure November is the best month, with holiday expenses starting and people getting involved in it!  I would suggest January.  We don’t have an exchange that month AND who knows..you may have gotten a awesome new recipe at Christmas or a new candy making kit!  Please let me know your thoughts on this one folks!!

Ok then…

Let’s go Support our NaNo Folks!, Be Thankful; Make a Joyful Noise!!!!

Also don’t forget to fill out your All About Me info, and sign into the November Check in thread!!

Happy November Y’All!!!

Archived