DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Forge of Saidin (Open!!!)

TaiDashan

*OOC:*

Been a while since i have really been active in the BT. RJ's death got to me and took the spark outta me you could say. But i'm back now and am in the mood for some RP's! This is completely open to anyone who wants to do anything with it. All are welcome! Currently Tai is on his way towards Ashaman and is pushing himself pretty hard, maybe even too hard...

*IC:*

Tai walked glumly through the trees clutching his black velvet coat around him. It hadn't started to snow yet but it was definitely cold after the too-long heat, and Tai disliked the cold. Mayne had not seen such cold as this for some time. Stepping into the clearing he was so fond of, he grimly warded the clearing twice. Once for silence, once to avoid being sneaked up on. He had found this clearing just southwest of the Farm as a soldier. He had been given a day to do as he pleased and decided to wander through the woods. There was a gentle spring and a pool of cold clear water at the northeast end and the grass here was soft. In that pool, he had found, was a small hole where the water traveled underground to some far off place he was sure. Tai had reached in to see if he could tell how far back it went, and found a small dry pocket in the rock that lay just above the flow of water. Putting his thoughts of secret hiding places aside he assumed the Void. Everything went into the flame, his distaste for the cold, fear, nervousness, everything.

Soon enough he floated in the Void alone save Saidin. That deceptively gentle pulsing drew him like a moth to a flame. A deadly flame of torrential fire and ice. Reaching out his senses he grabbed at it, pulled it close and wrestled with it. Distantly he felt himself gasp as the Power surged through him, threatening to scour him from the spot. It was like plunging your arm to the shoulder in an icy mountain river or a river of molten stone. No it was both, and he was not plunging in his arm, he was diving in headfirst! Bone shattering cold gripped him as his veins shot molten liquid through his body. The power beat at him, pushed, pulled and writhed like a live thing in his hands. Wanting to scream he did. Tai threw his head back and raggedly his voice tore from him as his eyes shone with a mixture of ecstasy and disgust. Just as every sound was sharper, every leaf its own world. The taint coated everything, filled his mouth and shot through him as though he had drunk from a latrine. He wanted to empty everything he had ever eaten but he pushed the awareness of the taint aside, he had work to do. Pulling deeper on Saidin he filled himself with it until he thought his bones must shatter and his skin melt.

Light, I could incinerate myself where I stand and love doing it! The thought floated dimly outside the Void.

To echo his thoughts, he felt the sweet life of Saidin fill him alongside the taint. Tears rolled down his face. Head still thrust back, gaze skyward. Abruptly he realized his hands were clenched at his sides, his nails threatening to pierce them. Slowly he unclenched them and lowered his gaze. Staring straight ahead he carefully ignored the screaming words of caution outside the Void. He was not the most powerful on the Farm, but he had filled himself almost to bursting with Saidin. One slip and he would truly be destroyed.

He had begun this personal training regiment as soon as his training as a Soldier was done and he had been allowed some small free time around the Farm. If Tarmon Gai'don truly was coming, and he was not one to deny the signs, Tai would stand ready to launch himself screaming defiance into the face of the Shadow. He did not intend to die in the first few seconds of that act. Forcing himself to use his weakest element, Earth, was dangerous but he had taken to pushing himself farther than even Arath had. His weakness could kill him one day and Tai was not willing to let that be for lack of effort.

Weaving flows of Earth and Air he pulled rocks from the ground the size of his fist, and suspended them at varying heights around him. Tying off his flows of Air to keep them in place he pulled yet more stones from the earth, adding to those already surrounding him. Some were shoulder height, some eye-level, and some yet still at other heights. Tying off those flows of Air as well he nodded in satisfaction. It truly got easier as one went along. Weaving Earth, Tai pulled four foot spires of stone from the earth a small distance off. He would have made them six, but for his weakness in that element. The thickness was what he wanted anyway. Quickly surveying his handiwork, the dedicated rested his hand on the pommel of his sword. The pommel and scabbard were worked with silver vines and leaves. Arath had given him that on his raising to Dedicated. A good man that one. The thought slid along the surface of the Void almost unnoticed.

Fluidly Tai pulled blade from belted scabbard and held it in front of him, easily assuming a ready stance. Almost without thinking he wove Air around the blades edge, no use in dulling a fine blade. Using the forms he had been taught, he danced. blade rung on stone as fist sized rocks burst into dust. Mindlessly he danced in the Void, one with his blade, one with the stones, one with Saidin. Stone after stone burst as Air-coated blade struck home. Weaving had left him tired not to mention the struggle for survival with Saidin, but he hardly noticed. Wrapped in the void his blood sung! Every movement precise every strike landing without time to watch. His eyes constantly seeking the next target. Slicing the last suspended stone into dust he rolled towards the first spire. Coming to his feet his blade shot out, Thrust, Slash, Spin. In quick succession Tai thrust his blade into the spire, pulled back and flowing back into a strike wasting no movement. The final move was a spin, his blade blurring as it struck the spire where the neck would be. Knee, Gut, Neck. Knee, Gut, Neck. Repeatedly Tai struck until all the stones lay in pieces around him. He stood breathing raggedly as he shakily sheathed his sword. His arm burned from exertion and ached from the jarring. He glanced around at his handiwork and a slow grin began to form. He was getting better, still a little clumsy, but better.

*OOC*

Feel free to jump in, I know it doesn't sound very "open" but I want this to sort of be challenging, come up with something creative. Just watching him from outside the ward? Barge in as he finishes? Lets do this!  ;D

Sereth was walking through the forest, humming a children's song, his hands in his long black coat. It was a cold day, not that he minded. Hot or cold made little difference to him; he knew he could ward off either with Saidin if he desired, but not today. The nipping of the cold distracted him, which helped him think. It helped keep his mind from wandering... Lances of lightning, falling, shredding black coats...

Sereth's thoughts were blessedly interrupted when he stumbled upon a boy using Saidin, and stopped to watch for a moment. He was out in the middle of nowhere, tying off weaves that made his little clearing silent, and alerted him to the presence of others. Sereth's eyebrows rose as the dedicated through back his head, obviously screaming. The Asha'man almost reached for the source right now, feeling the strain the man had with holding Saidin. He is pushing himself... harder than even the farm demands... Why?

Eyes were fixed upon the raising stones, wrapped in air. Watching, Sereth had his answer. He is one of those who has embraced being a weapon, or so it seems. He shook his head, unsure how to feel about that. On one hand, they were weapons, and accepting that was important, still, it always saddened him to see human life lowered to such a base level. Kill or be killed. Unfortunately, he couldn't deny the truth of that statement any longer. He had seen what the shadow could do. Indigo flames... He shook his head, he was getting good at ignoring the memories, not quite ready to accept the truth of what had happened.

The stones demolished, the asha'man stepped forward, embracing a trickle of the source, and extended a thin tendril of spirit towards the barrier, no sense in catching a man loaded with Saidin off guard. This done, he let go of the source and stepped inside the ward, a smile on his face. "Hello, training hard dedicated? If you want, I could help out." His eyes went down to the man's sword, "of course you'd probably cut me to ribbons with that thing, assuming it ever came down to that." He didn't laugh, swordplay was good for the men, Sereth just never took it up himself. He trained himself to react with the power first, and wanted to keep it that way. His mind was faster than his hands, after all.

More importantly, his mind was faster than even a Myrddraall. A fact that had saved his life.

*OOC*

Woot! Someone to RP with! lol Good to see you again Sereth!

*IC*

Tai felt the slight touch on his ward and gave it hardly a notice. The man passing through his ward completely was another thing however. He spun to face the newcomer cautiously.

"Hello, training hard dedicated? If you want, I could help out." His eyes went down to the man's sword, "of course you'd probably cut me to ribbons with that thing, assuming it ever came down to that."

Tai noticed the man wasn't holding the source. Somewhat abashed he released the source himself and started to grin. Shock interrupted his grin as he noticed it was Sereth. He had only talked to the man once or twice but at the Farm faces came and went quickly.

"Sereth?" His voice came out in a harsh whisper, his throat dry and raw. He had liked the man the few times they had talked. Sereth was a philosopher, and although something Tai would not admit to many, he shared Sereth's passion if not his skill in the matter. Quickly he walked to the stream, seizing Saidin and weaving the water upward so that he could drink without wetting his hands. Now that his throat was somewhat soothed he spoke again, his voice slightly better. "You offer help in training? I am intrigued."

~Kill him you fool! Be done with him and his scheming ways! If you would have tied off the wards they wold remain and you could kill him silently! Light-Blinded Fool! ~ The voice scrambled to be heard but Tai shoved it roughly aside.

"Please," He said smiling. "I would love to have you aid me. What do you suggest?" With that he folded his arms and stood at ease, almost casually, to see what Sereth would propose.

Sereth remembered the man at around the same time he did. He was always pushing himself. His grin only widened. "Hello Tai, well, I was thinking I'd create some rocks and float them around to work on your accuracy with either sword of power. Maybe test your defensive abilities with some weaves of my own- don't worry though, I won't injure you badly, and will heal you afterwards." He thought back to watching Tai'Daishan screaming as he drew on the source. "Or maybe I could help you work at your higher output; I saw you screaming and was quite concerned I'd have to shield you. Men with your..." he searched for the proper word, "Zeal are rare. It'd be a shame to lose you to the will of the power, or, well, to anything." He reached his hand behind his head and scratched his neck; a habit of his when he realized he was rambling.

Sereth embraced the source, scooping up five large rocks and rotating them around Tai'Daishan in a lazy circle. "So, what will it be?" A glint came into Sereth's eyes, "Of course, we could always just talk. I'm afraid there is a disturbing lack of intellectuals willing to blather on about anything besides how to make a bigger boom with less power. Its quite disappointing really." Sereth was happy to simply be talking to someone, Shienar having thoroughly shaken the young Asha'man. Perhaps this would be a chance to heal, scab over the nightmares he had of blue fire...

"I saw you screaming and was quite concerned I'd have to shield you..."

Tai frowned mentally at this. He hadn't anticipated anyone watching him let loose like that. Didn't the man feel the urge to scream with the Power coursing through him from time to time? It just felt good to let loose, and shield him?!

~He admits it openly you FOOL!~ The voice thundered in his head. ~You are not safe from any man here! They are all either against you or MAD! ~

Sometimes Tai thought the voice was at least somewhat logical. Quickly he turned from that line of thought. Suddenly Tai blinked in surprise as he realized his head had remained back long after the scream had left him. To someone outside of hearing it would look as if the scream had continued. The other man must have seen the glow around him and sensed how much of the power filled him. In truth his strength was on the lower end of the scale here at the Farm. Most men outmatched him in pure brute force. However only Asha'man Covai matched him in skill. Well, and the Dedicated Jeffrey, but he had never met the man. Only heard of him from Arath. The man must have thought he had almost burned himself out on the spot.

Wasn't I somewhat close? Isn't there at least some truth to that? He thought introspectively. No, he had kept it safe. Had not approached that line, but he had come close... Tai snapped back to reality and the man in front of him as he realized there were rocks floating around him in a lazy circle.

~You fool!~ Shouted the voice. ~You Light-Blinded, Goat-Brained FOOL! There a man stands, holding the source and you stand here lost in thought. If he chose to strike you down, you would die as the cattle you eat for your meals! Unsuspecting and tame!~

Tai jumped slightly. The voice was right. Although he liked Sereth, and the man looked sane, men did go mad at the Farm. Tai seemed to loose himself in thought all too much, he had been called a dreamer in the past. Emotion too. this was why he spent so much time in the Void. Consequently he had given in to the seductive pull of Saidin even more than what the Farm demanded. Thus the voice. The mad, cackling darkness that seemed almost as if the shadow on the ground behind him, everything dark and base within him, had been given voice. Blinking again he assumed the Void and seized Saidin. Simultaneously he wove the many flows of Fire needed to incinerate the rocks all at once. Sereth's eyebrow arched just slightly, almost beyond notice. So the man was surprised at his skill? Tai shrugged uncomfortably in his coat.

"Lets just talk awhile." He said, his voice flat within the Void.

Forcing himself to use his weakest element, he wove Earth making two seats and a stones board. It was difficult. He was fatigued from his training and it took all of his concentration. Especially the stones in piles on either side of the table. He wobbled slightly as he made his way over to one of the stone seats, a seat molded to comfortably cup the human form, and dropped heavily into it not caring if the other man saw his exhaustion. He released Saidin regretfully and spoke.

"It has been a long time since I have played stones. If you fancy a game, take your pick of colors. I would like to speak to you of the taint and Tarmon Gai'Don. I would like to hear your thoughts."

Sereth carefully studied Tai'Dashan, the man seemingly lost in thought. Hmm, now what do I make of this? The asha'man prepared to slam a shield into place, knowing that he could overpower the other man if it came down to it. Then all four of his boulders exploded, setting him back on his heels. I wouldn't have had a chance...

The seats formed, and Sereth sat, weaving a small bit of air to make his seat a bit softer, and selected the darker stones for use. He began sorting them with the power, setting them down one by one, a grin on his face as he did so. "Oh, really? Those are by far the least popular things to talk about in this desolate place! And I've put so much thought into it..." He pushed his chair a bit closer to the table, before releasing the source. He hardly felt that twinge of regret anymore, excepting it as just another horrid thing he'd have to deal with. There were so very many now...

He closed his eyes, steadying his mind, knowing where those thoughts were leading. He hoped it came off as he was simply organizing his thoughts, no sense in making Tai think him mad, or at least not madder than he was in the first place. "Well, the taint. You of course know that The Dragon and his one hundred companions are responsible for tainting the male half of the true source. Of course he very likely saved the wheel at the same time, but that has no bearing on this theory."

He made his first move on the stones board, taking a safe route to begin, watching Tai's reaction, trying to get every piece of information he could out of the man. "This taint effects us in two ways, it rots our bodies, assuming we survive long enough we will eventually fall apart into a blackened heap of what people can only assume was once a man. This I'd call the worse of the two effects, but many would disagree. The other, of course, is madness." His eyes left the stones board, casually glancing at the dedicated as he spoke that word.

"It is what tends to affect us first, and once signs are shown, we are required to put that person down. Though personally, I've always simply wanted to shield them and have a nice chat with a truly insane man. You see my old philosophy teacher I learned was a male channeler, and I'd love to find out if this disease was the cause of his genius." He scratched the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed by the admission, and knowing he must sound like a raving lunatic.

His hands methodically moved the stones pieces, only paying the game half a mind. He had played so very many games in his short life that it had become second nature to him. Though in truth, he had only ever beaten his teacher once, in the last game they ever played. Just before the crazy old man had tested him for the ability to channel. "Now, I have always wondered why this happens. I know the simple answer is it is allowing the dark one's to touch us, but I feel it is slightly more complex than that. Why? Simple, dreadlords would be touched more directly by him than us, yet they seem sane." He laughed, realizing what he just said, "Or at least not driven mad by the power. Now, I am a bit thirsty."

He always gave warning before embracing the source; he was never quite sure how another man would take it. He wove two earthen cups, and filled them with water. After floating one over to his friend, he promptly released the source, and took a sip. "Now, where was I? Ah, yes. Thinking of the dark one not as evil, but as chaos in our world of order, I have a theory on how the taint affects us. We fill our bodies with Saidin, the taint, or pure chaos as I'd call it, is drawn into our bodies."

"Our minds, used to thinking logically, no matter how logical any one person may seem, are introduced to this chaos. Of course it rejects it, but as more and more is drawn in, it would seem the chaos overwhelms the order in our minds, and gradually starts to replace it. Giving us hallucinations, letting us hear voices that aren't there, or simply being stark mad to anyone else who watches us. The same can be said of our bodies of course, the order in us is disrupted, and we begin to die. Both slowly and horrifically, and us unable to stop it on the grounds that even tainted Saidin is so beautiful not a one of us could live without it."

Sereth pulled the cup to his lips, taking a deep swallow and setting it down. He looked up at Tai, looking almost embarrassed. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to rant. It is just a habit of mine, back home I got quite accustomed to voicing my thoughts, and I'm afraid not even all the time I've spent here has erased that habit." His face reddened as he realized he was doing it again, and he scratched the back of his neck. "So, your thoughts? Think I'm on to something, or just, pardon the pun, a raving lunatic?"

"Oh, really? Those are by far the least popular things to talk about in this desolate place! And I've put so much thought into it..."

Tai watched thoughtfully as Sereth sat and started to place his stones. As he sat he listened carefully to the other man. He had hoped that Sereth could share some intriguing ideas about the Taint, and it didn't sound as if he was to be disappointed. Sereth made his first move, a cautious move. No doubt to feel him out. Tai had won many a game in his time and considered himself to be fairly good. He met seeking, probing moves with his own. Keeping himself very open to any way the board may take them while still keeping things mostly even.

"...The other, of course, is madness."Sereth's eyes rose from the board casually, just as the game feeling him out. This was exactly what he was hoping to touch on. He had his own theories about what the taint meant. The creator set the weaving in place, all order and pattern. The dark one wanted to disrupt that. Tai chose to let Sereth continue, however. To see what he had to say further. The moves Sereth were making were increasingly complex, and Tai had to really start focusing now to keep things even. "...Though personally, I've always simply wanted to shield them and have a nice chat with a truly insane man. You see my old philosophy teacher I learned was a male channeler, and I'd love to find out if this disease was the cause of his genius."Tai glanced at Sereth quizically. He had not heard this part of the man's past and was interested. Cause of his genius...well that threw a new twist to it didn't it? Absently he placed a stone. Something nagged at him about the game but he was too deeply lost in thought, playing automatically.

"Now, I have always wondered why this happens. I know the simple answer is it is allowing the dark one's to touch us, but I feel it is slightly more complex than that. Why? Simple, dreadlords would be touched more directly by him than us, yet they seem sane." Tai nodded at the logic and then chuckled at the man's unintentional jest. Just as Tai was thinking he might excuse himself for more water Sereth remedied that by floating a stone mug full of the stuff right to him.

"Now, where was I? Ah, yes. Thinking of the dark one not as evil, but as chaos in our world of order, I have a theory on how the taint affects us. We fill our bodies with Saidin, the taint, or pure chaos as I'd call it, is drawn into our bodies." Hearing his own thoughts all but echoed back he nearly choked on his water. Setting the mug down he cleared his throat and listened to the man finish. Glancing at the stones board he noticed that in 3 moves Sereth would take almost every last one of his stones on the board. He had planned cleverly and Tai had missed it. Waving dismissively at the board to signal his acceptance of pending defeat, Tai focused on the discussion and answered his question.

"I think you are definitely on to something." he nodded as he spoke grinning at the man. This was fun! It had been so long since anyone had talked to him about anything other than killing things that it was refreshing. "I like your thought on Chaos, I have thought this myself. Think on this..What of the Chaos that left rampant for long enough, turns back to order in its complete randomness? Truly, Chaos must resolve to Order given the limitations of the pattern. I myself have had a brush with this and have carefully studied it as well as i can." His mouth twisted in distaste as he thought of the voice in his head. Suddenly his face grew very serious as he studied Sereth's face across the board. "Sereth.." He began cautiously. The need for caution and his like/trust for the man warred openly on his face before he continued. "Do you..?" Light, it was like he couldn't spit it out! Couldn't make his mouth form the words.

~And as well you shouldn't!~ Screamed the voice. ~Don't you dare! You know what happens to those who go mad!~

I'm not mad yet! Tai thought firmly.

Then who are you talking to boy? The voice cackled with maniacal glee before Tai could shove it to the back of his mind.

"Do you hear voices...?" Tai said it in a rush and let his eyes drop as he spoke the last two words. What if the man's reaction was not what Tai expected.. What if he spoke to one of the other Asha'man and had poison slipped to him in the night?

Oh Light! He thought, almost trembling. What if it was Arath that was asked to do it? His only true friend so far at the Tower? Tai's mind spun wildly now, trying to think of a way out. His eyes hardened as they focused on Sereth's once more. He would do what he must.

Sereth laughed as Tai admitted defeat, he could tell the man wasn't focusing on the game. Still, for playing so half heartedly, he had done exceptionally well. He nodded as Tai spoke, and shrugged. "Eventually it seems that every random event leads to some sort of pattern, that is how the Wheel weaves it, and I suppose it could be possible with the taint as well. The problem however, is simple. Our bodies will almost certainly rot before that happens, or our madness will become so pronounced that we won't be able to hide it from even novice eyes."

Drinking the last dredges from his cup, the Asha'man looked Tai'Dashan straight in the eye, as he tried to force out his question. He saw the conflict there, not at just asking a question, but some sort of inner turmoil. Or argument... As the question was finally asked, the Andorian shook his head. "No, I don't. It is ironic, one of perhaps two or three men on the farm willing to talk about the taint, yet I believe I am as of yet unaffected by it. Still..." He teetered on the edge, if he embraced the source right now, there was a chance Tai's far greater dexterity would win out. No, he'd trust the man. "That doesn't change the fact that you do."

Sereth took a deep breath, wanting desperately for this conversation to continue, and he could think of only one way to guarantee the man's cooperation. "And by my hope of rebirth and salvation I swear I will not mention a word of this unless you present a clear and present danger." There, now the only way Tai wouldn't trust him would be to accuse him of being a darkfriend. And if that happened, well, Sereth was confident his power would win out in the end. “Now, tell me about the voice, or voices, which ever the case might be.” He embraced the source, refilling their goblets, and waited a moment before releasing, probing the man.

"That doesn't change the fact that you do." Tai stopped himself from seizing the source as Sereth took a deep breath. He doubted the man would try to kill him then and there if he were about to speak. Tai relaxed muscles he hadn't known he was tensing at the others oath. Good, so he could trust the man.

"Light I was worried for a moment Sereth. I like you but..." Tai trailed off leaving the rest unsaid. He assumed the other man was well aware of the rest. Still, in spite of himself he all but flinched outwardly when the other man embraced the source. Tai raised an eyebrow slightly in a gesture of surprise that the man not only was not going to have him killed, but was interested. He had hoped but not dared to expect it. Tai sat for a long moment staring at his stone mug, collecting his thoughts before beginning slowly.

"My mother was killed by darkfriends when i was 16." He barked a short laugh at his comment. "Who hasn't lost something or someone to the Shadow right? The point being," He continued. "Is that I have sworn to be a weapon for the Dragon, a weapon to fight the shadow."

Staring at his mug, no. Through his mug, he spoke. His eyes smoldered with emotion. "I came to the tower to see if i could channel. To be a weapon for the Dragon." He chuckled softly as his eyes came back into focus and he looked sadly up at Sereth. "I may not get that chance if the Taint consumes me first." He said softly. Shaking himself he continued in a much lighter tone. "Oh I do go on sometimes..What I mean to say is that I came here to learn how to channel and so have been touching the source, doing everything save this," His eyes stabbed towards the sword at his hip briefly. "with the power. Even more so than those set to teach me would require. In doing so I have encountered...unpleasant side effects."

Tai glanced at Sereth leaning back in his seat calmly listening and continued when he motioned for him to go on. "It was in my room when i first heard it." Tai chuckled softly at the memory. "I spun around to see who had whispered in my ear." He mused almost to himself. "This wretched voice saying vile and dark things was in my head." he glanced at Sereth again, his mouth twisting with disgust. "It seems that the, shall we say..less civilized part of me was given voice." Tai paused and held Sereth's gaze. Patiently he waited to see what the other man thought. He would say he could call this man friend now, or at least confidant...Tai was eager to hear a fellow thinker such as Sereth's opinion.

Sereth was thoughtful for a moment, and shook his head. "I'd blame fate, but this falls outside of it. So, all I can do is offer my condolences Tai. Still, if it is a weapon you want to be, then that is still ahead of you as long as you keep this under control." He sipped at his cup, an automatic motion. He was inwardly elated to find a man whom was tainted, yet had some sort of control over it. Still, Sereth acknowledged then and there that any deaths that the dedicated caused, would fall on his shoulders.

As Tai described his first encounter with the voice in his head, Sereth nodded once. He waited a moment, processing the information before speaking. "Well, that fits. The voice is running opposite to your own conscious thoughts. If your thoughts of being a weapon for the light, protecting people, and sacrificing any life you might have had for the dragon, then it seems it would be self-centered, constantly worrying about self-preservation, and either a pacifist or a crazed killer. Of course, this could change, assuming our chaos theory is correct, we can't accurately predict how it will change. Tomorrow this voice might be that of a long lost lover, whispering in your ear, a trolloc, maybe just a mix of random sounds going off in your head. It might even go away."

Sereth took a breath, "Though if my theory is correct, and your mind is gradually accepting the taint, it will remain constant. Not only that, but it will grow stronger in your head, harder to ignore, until there are literally two Tai'Dashan in one body. I can't be certain, but one day you might discover you are the voice Tai, assuming the rot doesn't get you first." It was grim talk, but Tai wanted to know what Sereth thought would happen, and he couldn't lie to a friend. Not about this at least.

Tai nodded at Sereth's words. That was close to what he had puzzled out himself. He expected the voice to remain constant if not more imposing as time goes on. He shuddered at the "Two Tai'Dashan in one body" comment, it felt too close to home. Tai thought of two additional points and posed them to the man.

"I have been thinking.." He began. "one," he ticked the number off on his first finger. "what is the rot like? What if the madness was deflected long enough for our bodies to rot?" The thought handed most men a queasy stomach and a sour look at Tai. "And two, what if some way the taint was cleansed?" He grinned to show he understood the foolishness of such an idea. "Hypothetically mind you." He added. "Would the madness dissipate? Would the voice disappear? What lasting effects would we suffer?"

He sat back steepling his fingers over his chest and anxiously awaiting Sereth's thoughts. His stomach grumbled loudly and spoiled the moment slightly but Tai only chuckled.

Sereth sighed, "The rot is exactly what it sounds like. Some place on your body, or maybe all at once, it is, pardon the pun, rather chaotic, will begin to turn different colors. The infected pieces will slowly shift to black, dying completely, and falling off, exposing more of your 'healthy' flesh, and continuing to work your way through the rottee's body. The final result being the channeler's body being either a pile or pool of black, completely unrecognizable as once being human. At least, I think so, I've never seen full rotting, we always do the man the favor of death. Honestly I'd much prefer madness to that fate."

He thought carefully on the man's second point, his head falling in between his hands, rubbing his temples. That was a question he had asked himself to many times, he always thought that if they couldn't do it in the Age of Legends, then it wouldn't be done now. "If the source was cleaned, well, I don't know for sure. I can't know for sure. Theoretically though, I think the damage will have been done. If a man is gentled, the madness that already exist doesn't go away. It just doesn't get worse. Your body is infected with chaos, I don't see that just going away, unless we could somehow put order back into it... Perhaps if the two halves of the sources were run through you, it could reverse the damage, with a clean Saidin of course. That is of course, theory, I don't mean to get your hopes up."

Still, the idea was running through his head at lightning speeds. He had seen what men and women could do together, he had a friend in the white tower, and she had expressed interest in linking... It might be possible, but he couldn't be sure... He didn't want to get his own hopes up.

Tai chuckled at the man's pun and grinned widely. He really liked the man's subtle sense of intellectual humor. He laughed to himself again.

Chaotic...haha!

Tai nodded. "That is how i pictured it." Meaning the rot. "And I would much prefer my current condition to..." He waved his hand in lazy circles motioning to mean 'all of that' "I find your thoughts on cleansing interesting however impossible it may be. I have never thought of using both halves. Men and women have done amazing things together."

And terrible things. He thought to himself slowly. He had heard of the circles present in the borderlands. He had not been there, but Arath had told him.

"Oh and don't worry about getting my hopes up, this is all theory of course." Tai paused and looked at the man, for an instant he had thought he had seen...what? He dismissed the thought and glanced around the clearing. The light had started to fail slowly and it was getting on towards twilight.

"Walk with me to the inn Sereth?" Tai asked motioning to the failing light. He new they could light there discussion easily with Saidin, but needed something to eat. It had been a while and he could use something warm.

Sereth nodded. "I'm glad you do not gain hope quite so easily Tai, it could only lead to bitter disappointment down the road." For the first time he noticed the setting sun, his eyes were suddenly saddened, realizing that their conversation would be wrapping up soon. It was sad talk, but interesting. He'd accepted that he'd eventually go mad and die upon his first day at the farm, but he hated seeing that fate on others. Still, there was nothing he could do.

He stood, resisting the urge to weave a ball of light. He had startled the man to many times already for one night, he deserved a break. On the walk, Sereth was fairly silent, thinking of questions he would ask the dedicated should the chance arise. One came to mind, but he was almost afraid to ask it, unsure how the other man would take it. He tried to keep the sadness from reaching his face, and chose another, less obtrusive question. "I have heard of some men muttering about people in their heads, they gave these people names. To sate my curiosity, does yours have a name other than Chaos Tai'Dashan?" He flashed one of his wide, innocent grins at the man. That innocence that kept even an Aes Sedai of the grey ajah on her toes.

His eyes were constantly scanning the path, looking for other men. He loathed what he would have to do should they be discovered...

"I have heard of some men muttering about people in their heads, they gave these people names. To sate my curiosity, does yours have a name other than Chaos Tai'Dashan?

Sereth asked the question easily. Tai was grateful for the lack of hesitation or fear in the other man's voice. It was hard to know who you could trust at the Farm and Tai was glad he had found a friend. He blinked at the question itself though. Name the voice inside his head? It was a part of himself, one he didn't like, but part of him none the less. He said as much before continuing.

"Chaos eh...?" He mused thoughtfully. "I have not given the voice a name at that. Chaos may just be fitting." He trailed off musing at the name.

Slowly talk grew silent as they entered the training grounds. Across from them he could see the lights of the Inn glowing softly in the gathering dark. Tai glanced at Sereth and slowed to a stop.

"Well my friend.." He started quietly. "Do we continue our talk later and go eat a meal? Or do we go our separate ways for now?" He let the question hang in the air softly.

Sereth nodded, So the voice hasn't named itself? Is that a good sign? He couldn't decide, and knew he'd later spend hours amusing himself with thoughts of the implications. "A very suiting name I'd say." He let out a chuckle, and watched as the lights of the inn grew closer. For a moment, he considered grabbing a bite to eat, but decided not to. "No, I'm afraid I have much work to do. Some experiments to run with the power, and some logs to update. Don't worry; I won’t' put your name down in case they are found. They are more for my benefit, documenting my thoughts for the day, to see if they change over time. A sort of madness tracker, if you will." He let out an easy laugh, and said his good byes.

A few moments later, he opened the door to his small home, and retrieved his journals. He kept to his word, and never mentioned talking to a man whom he knew was mad, instead describing the thoughts and theories he had discussed with Tai'Dashan. It felt odd, lying to these books, but it was a necessary evil. He made careful notes at how he had arrived at his conclusions, describing the trend his thoughts took. Weaving fire, he quickly dried the ink and put it back on a shelf next to the nine other volumes of journals. It was coming up on a year hear at the farm, and he vowed he would reread everyone of them to look for changes.

Still, that was for tomorrow, and for now, he went to his room and fell asleep. He was getting used to the nightmares, blue fires raining from the sky, lightning destroying men he learned to channel with. A new element arose though, instead of that vile woman destroying Kissian, it was Tai, and with the omniscience that dreams offered, he knew it was his fault...