DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Donnie Dark 2 is coming....

Emperor

Actually I think it is called S. Darko and will follow the exploits of her younger sister.  I was reading about the original movie last week on my daily Wiki learning fest (and I would love to discuss the first movie with anyone interested) and stumbled on the proposed sequel in production (which is just silly).  Now this new piece of info makes me cringe... cause... well... this person can not act...

Saved By the Bell and Showgirls star Elizabeth Berkley (pictured right) is the latest thespian to join the cast of the sequel to cult favorite Donnie Darko, titled S. Darko.

Berkley will play “a speed freak-turned-Jesus freak” with a crush on a hunky dreamy pastor.

Daviegh Chase will return as Donnie's younger sister Samantha, while the rest of the cast is rounded out by Ed Westwick (Gossip Girls' Chuck Bass!), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2) and Justin Chatwin (Dragon Ball). Yikes!

The story takes place seven years after Donnie's death in the first film. Little sis and best friend Corey are 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are haunted by bizarre visions. Sadly, there's no actual Donnie (Jake Gyllenhaal) in the new film, but Perez Hilton assures us there will be meteorites and rabbits.

S. Darko started shooting on May 18.

I just saw this on HSX.  It's on the calendar to start selling this week.

I'm really nervous about this one.  Donnie Darko was one of those movies that should just be left to stand alone.  It was a weird little movie that nobody knew anything about and it turned out to be something special.  This sequel has a Potential to be good as well, but how many times does that happen?  I'd just rather they leave well enough alone.  But you know it will make money because the first one is such a cult hit.  And thus the reason for the making of a sequel.

Don't laugh, but I'm actually using it to teach me a little about how stocks work before I start getting in the real deal stock game, hahahaha!  I mean, I enjoy the crap out of it for general recreation, but I'm learning a little too.

Archived