DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Standing Navies

Guest Admiral

Guest Admiral

Hey all, i was just wondering if you could shed some light on something for me, i was considering making a freelander charectar who is an Admiral, but to first look at this i did not want to make a stereotypical seaman as they usually are portrayed. So finally down to my question: What nations in Randland have Navies? all of them, or no?

Guest Estel

my gues is that any nation along a coast would while land-locked countries wouldn't (ex: Andor, Cairhien, Sheinar, Kandor (though Kandor's kinda dead), and Arafel (I might be missing a few but oh well)

ask James though...

Guest Celes

Myabe consider making a Seafolk character? They are our typical sea roamers. :) But yeah, talk to James, he's DL of the Freelanders.

Navies aren't really developed by the mainland nations. The Seafolk in comparison are a couple of centuries ahead of them easily. Geography wasn't really conducive to encouraging the development of navies in comparison to say, the Mediterranean. Furthermore, RJ also made sure the navies didn't didn't catch up to the SF due to major things such as Trolloc and Hundred Year Wars destroying any advances. Hence why they could make ships to cross the world in Hawkwing's time, but the mainland no longer has the same capacity.