DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

End of EotW

Feral

The book where Egwene was running after Lanfear in the WT is TDR.

Hope this helps

UNQUOTE

It does help. Im sure that in the middle books several times Forsaken have mentioned that the True Power is now reserved for Moridin. If the incedent where Egwene was chasing Lanfear was in TDR it means the True Power was available to all Forsaken, which means Lanfear could have been using that instead of saidar, which explains why there was no residue.

But would she have? All the forsaken besides Ishadin always seems wary of using the TP. My opinion is that it's just a minor slip-up on RJs part. Everybody is human. =)

Invisibility wouldn't really work as an inverted web--oh im sure you could do it, but they would have seen a giant rippling moving along beside Lanfear.

Reversion causes the active sensation of channeling, which Egwene probably should have sensed, but may not have--remember Inverted Light requires very little strength, and the less strength the less the chance of discovery.

This is kind of off-topic, so my apologies.....

But, When Rand was attacked by the renegade A'shaman and Dashiva, he was able to hide by making himself invisible. While invisible, Cadsuane and a group of AS walked by him. Now in WH we learned that Cads had a ter'arngrael that allowed her to sense men or women channeling, and direction (the swallow ornament)We know it worked on inverted weaves because Demandred's POV mentioned he inverted his weaves but the attacks on him continued. My question is why didn't Cads know that Rand was hiding against the wall near her, when he was obviously what she and her group were searching for?

Invisibility wouldn't really work as an inverted web--oh im sure you could do it, but they would have seen a giant rippling moving along beside Lanfear.

Reversion causes the active sensation of channeling, which Egwene probably should have sensed, but may not have--remember Inverted Light requires very little strength, and the less strength the less the chance of discovery.

I said "stood still" for a reason  ;) I mean.. the idea is she dodges arounda corner giving her the second she needs to spin spin spin her invisibility web. Egwene arives, looks around the corner right through Lanfear then leaves. Then Lanfear is free to leave in her own time.

I said "stood still" for a reason  I mean.. the idea is she dodges arounda corner giving her the second she needs to spin spin spin her invisibility web. Egwene arives, looks around the corner right through Lanfear then leaves. Then Lanfear is free to leave in her own time.

And I said inverted for a reason. Reversions possible... Egwene probably would have have felt the sensation of active channeling when Lanfear created it, but she might have missed it... Inverted Light doesn't take much strength, and Egwene wasn't terribly experienced yet.

But as an inverted web, a pre-woven web that Lanfear carried around with her it REALLY doesn't work because she would have had this giant ripple moving along beside her when she was running through the halls.

But, When Rand was attacked by the renegade A'shaman and Dashiva, he was able to hide by making himself invisible. While invisible, Cadsuane and a group of AS walked by him. Now in WH we learned that Cads had a ter'arngrael that allowed her to sense men or women channeling, and direction (the swallow ornament)We know it worked on inverted weaves because Demandred's POV mentioned he inverted his weaves but the attacks on him continued. My question is why didn't Cads know that Rand was hiding against the wall near her, when he was obviously what she and her group were searching for?

It's in her hair, and she was walking briskly. Its possible she didn't feel it change direction in all that jingling--or for that matter feel the minor vibrations of the star ter'angreal. Remember she didn't know about Inverted Light at that stage, and wasn't looking for an invisible man.

On the other hand she may have had another purpose, and left him to his.

Archived