DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Video Game] Sins of a Solar Empire

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

I first heard about this game, from Penny-Arcade's 'blog' or 'news' post.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/02/11

Quite simply, the game is an RTS (Real-Time Strategy) taking place within a 'solar system'. I haven't got far in the game, And I'm not even sure if there 'is' a campiegn but the gameplay is defiantely addicting.

Basically you start out controlling One Planet, and a couple of ships. From here, you can expans in basically 2 ways, your Military branch, or your 'Civic' Branch. Military obviously controls, what type of ships you can use, to explore/destroy your enemies with. The Civic Side you to 'upgrade' various slots (logisitc & Tactical) and increase things like, how much defense the planet has against attack. Logistics, involve more of the 'building' aspect of your solar empire. Build ships, mining apperatous's, ect. Tactical, has more to do with repair, planetary defenes. The works.

I started a game, earlier yesterday, around 4pm, and I was getting raped! Pirate Attacks left and right. Before I quit, I noticed I nearly missed the time I could go eat. (Caffateria food suxors!) When I got back, (7pm) I started a new game. This time, with out pirates. And I quickly advanced. I started out slowly, but once you get the hang of the UI (user interface) it starts to become a lil easier. Developing your economy, and your military and a harmous balance, that has got to be difficult on online PvP. (Strong economy, means strong military, but that means you have to 'wait' longer, finding the perfect balance.. is difficult, specially for a game you just started. ;)

When I finally quit that day (cause I couldn't figure out how to 'win') It was already 11:45pm, (past thy bed time ;) )

So far, the graphics may not be much, but the gameplay in this, imo, is definately a game tolook into... if you can find it, or a demo. :P

Now, I just need to figure out if there is, infact a campiegn or not... The CG intro looked for an interesting story. >_>

Archived